Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Gets the Franchise Tag?
I think today is the day it has to be declared, no?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals? No one.
Reply/Quote
No one worth tagging this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
yes today is the deadline and no one is getting it for the Bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We haven't used the franchise tag much lately.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No one worth tagging this year.

I agree.  If the Bengals were to tag anyone, I would be shocked.  And, not in a good way.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We haven't used the franchise tag much lately.

Shoulda used it on Whit a few years ago. That’s the last one I remember thinking made sense
Reply/Quote
Whitworth
Reply/Quote
Glad I'm not crazy. I couldn't think of anyone we would tag.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We haven't used the franchise tag much lately.

Everyone wants to be here....
Reply/Quote
....all of us long suffering fans. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Any fan who went to the last 4 home games of the season should get that Franchise tag.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 02:15 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Any fan who went to the last 4 home games of the season should get that Franchise tag.

The Raiders game probably wasn't too heinous.  Unless the weather was bad. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 12:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Shoulda used it on Whit a few years ago. That’s the last one I remember thinking made sense

Don't you read the board? Whitworth is now a whiner that needs to move on.

Vilified in a long list of players like Pickens, Dillon, Palmer, Spikes, etc.

How dare a player criticize management!!! Can't these players spot the obvious success here!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 02:19 PM)McC Wrote: The Raiders game probably wasn't too heinous.  Unless the weather was bad. 

I went to the Saints game. The weather was good. The Bengals played bad but it was still fun to be there.
Reply/Quote
In typical Bengals fashion... No one, because "insert any position" is not a position of value.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 02:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Don't you read the board? Whitworth is now a whiner that needs to move on.

Vilified in a long list of players like Pickens, Dillon, Palmer, Spikes, etc.

How dare a player criticize management!!! Can't these players spot the obvious success here!

Yeah, I’ve seen that. Funny how time changes things. Pretty sure people were upset with the bengals for how that went down... I feel like I remember Marvin or a report or something saying how they had no doubt Whit would be back and that’s why they didn’t tag him. Tried to save a few dollars to for the injury pool and Whit showed em loyalty will only go so far when you’re disrespected by the FO. Should have never reached FA, once they got to the tag deadline without a deal it should have been a no brainer to tag him to cover their asses
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 03:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: In typical Bengals fashion... No one, because "insert any position" is not a position of value.
In typical Bengal fan fashion...complaining when there is no complaint.  Which of our FA's would you not want to lose?  You want to put it on Bobby Hart?  Redmond?  Nickerson?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 03:47 PM)McC Wrote: In typical Bengal fan fashion...complaining when there is no complaint.  Which of our FA's would you not want to lose?  You want to put it on Bobby Hart?  Redmond?  Nickerson?

One year of a bad bunch of FA's doesnt cover the many other years were they should have tagged guys.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 10:20 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: One year of a bad bunch of FA's doesnt cover the many other years were they should have tagged guys.

That's kind of outside the topic at hand, isn't it?  I fail to see how tagging someone this year would erase past mistakes.

Reply/Quote