Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has Seen The Fast & Furious Movies?
(08-11-2021, 08:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Statham in the Transporter and a few other movies. The Rock has become a joke though IMO.

I loved him in those movies too. I love The Rock in Jumanji

I just think those guys were poor fits in F&F and uber corny.

(08-11-2021, 11:55 PM)Benton Wrote: What y'all rather watch?

Car chases and explosions or people expressing feelings? Cause you start knocking movies with no plot (,but lots of explosions) and next thing you know, you've got feelings.

**** That ****. Blow something upppppppp!

Fair point. I'll take the mindless action all day long. Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wait!  Are you guys trying to say Smokie and the Bandit and the Dukes weren't real? 
Now I'm really disappointed. 
I'm more into much more serious film making, but I do love me some Charles Chaplin films.. He was awesome.. The Kid has to be my all time favorite to date..

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 01:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I loved him in those movies too. I love The Rock in Jumanji

I just think those guys were poor fits in F&F and uber corny.

Fair point. I'll take the mindless action all day long. Smirk

Yeah, really liked the Rock in Rundown with Christopher Walken as the bad guy, its hilarious too.

Neither guy fits F&F.

I like The Expendables even if it is corny at times I like all the dudes in it and as Benton said, lots of explosions.Muahaha
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 10:26 AM)grampahol Wrote: The Kid has to be my all time favorite to date..

Don't know if you are joking or not, but that is really a great movie.
Reply/Quote
For car chase movies, I prefer the vintage ones.... "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry', "Sugarland Express", "Vanishing Point", the first "Smokey and the Bandit" "Mad Max", and the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" (not the stupid one with Angelina Jolie)
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 04:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For car chase movies, I prefer the vintage ones.... "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry', "Sugarland Express", "Vanishing Point", the first "Smokey and the Bandit" "Mad Max", and the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" (not the stupid one with Angelina Jolie)

I still liked the new Gone in 60 Seconds even if Angelina was in it with corn rows...

That Shelby was gorgeous.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 09:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still liked the new Gone in 60 Seconds even if Angelina was in it with corn rows...

That Shelby was gorgeous.

Yes it was. And the movie wasn't really that bad, I am a big fan of Will Patton's work and of course Robert Duvall. I just prefer the original. Lot's of sweet cars... especially the green and black Charger.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 04:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For car chase movies, I prefer the vintage ones.... "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry', "Sugarland Express", "Vanishing Point", the first "Smokey and the Bandit" "Mad Max", and the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" (not the stupid one with Angelina Jolie)

Interesting that you mention "Gone in 60 Seconds" but don't mention the movie that created Eleanore, "Bullit".  That is considered one of the quintessential chase scene in Hollywood history.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes it was. And the movie wasn't really that bad, I am a big fan of Will Patton's work and of course Robert Duvall. I just prefer the original. Lot's of sweet cars... especially the green and black Charger.

Nice. Cool

Agreed, Robert Duvall is one of my favorite actors of all time.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 09:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting that you mention "Gone in 60 Seconds" but don't mention the movie that created Eleanore, "Bullit".  That is considered one of the quintessential chase scene in Hollywood history.

I thought about Bullit, which of course is one of the best chases of all time with the Mustang and the Charger, but that is really more than just a car chase movie. The chase is just the best known part of it. That's the only reason I didn't mention it.  And then there is the psychological car chase thriller "Duel" with Dennis Weaver.... POS Valiant vs Peterbilt. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 03:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote:   And then there is the psychological car chase thriller "Duel" with Dennis Weaver.... POS Valiant vs Peterbilt. 

The first movie Steven Spielberg directed.

"The French Connection" had an incredible chase scene.  To be honest that is about the only thing I remember about that movie.
Reply/Quote