Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Have You Ruied Out at #9?
I don't want you to comment on who you think the Bengals have ruled out, but who have you ruled out at #9 and why?

In other words, even if he's there, who are you passing on - keep it to the top guys.

At this point, I've ruled out Barnett. I just don't think he provides much upside or value compared to the rest of the DEs in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Barnett, Howard, fournette, cook.
Reply/Quote
Well, so far I've ruled out everyone, yet no one. Yep, they all seem to have some sort of shitty flaw to their game, yet game films and workout data show such "tremendous upside". Just put all their names on a board, put on a blindfold, and throw a dart...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Fournette. He's extremely similar to Hill and doesn't fit the type of offense we run.

Mike Williams. I like him as a player, but he's just a red zone weapon. We lack speed outside of Green, so if he goes down who stretches the field?

Reuben Foster. Another player I like, but I think he looked better due to what was around him. A thumper, but I think a guy like Cunningham gives us something we don't have.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Lattimore. We are stocked there for now. Hammy issues. No thanks. Cooling on foster and Barnett but would understand if we took them. Too soon for o line and charlton, imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Derek Barnett
Reuben Foster
Leonard Fournette
Cam Robinson
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
So far I have ruled out Barnett, Lattimore, and Charlton.
I am just not impressed with Barnett. Lattimore is at​ a position where there is a log Jam. Number 9 is too high for Charlton.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Barnett
Charlton
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Taco, Cook, Robinson, Williams, Lattimore. I'm all for trading back. I know we have 11 picks but we really need as many picks as we can get in the first 3 rounds. Will something like 11 or 13 Comp picks awarded in the 3rd there is a significant drop off in talent between our 3rd and 4th round pick. So A. Trade back in the first or B. Bundle some 4th round and up picks to move up in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 07:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, so far I've ruled out everyone, yet no one.  Yep, they all seem to have some sort of shitty flaw to their game, yet game films and workout data show such "tremendous upside".  Just put all their names on a board, put on a blindfold, and throw a dart...

We just need to pick the least shitty player, I guess.  Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 04:10 AM)Shady Wrote: We just need to pick the least shitty player, I guess.  Hilarious

What a year to lose a great LT, and not have the protégé ready to roll.  Those feel good stories about Ogbuehi training at some fight camp aren't really easing my concerns either. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ruled out any of the Offensive Tackles at 9. Just don't see the value. Worried with them visiting Cam Robinson that they will grab him up because he has potential to play tackle or guard and they love to draft OL and CB lately. As far as the latter position I think Lattimore or any other top CB should be ruled out. We just don't need another first round CB to sit in the bench this year. I would personally rule out OJ Howard because I think Uzomah showed a lot last year and Tyler Kroft can still be a solid blocker for this team. If Eifert stays healthy we all know what he is capable of. If you want a TE if Eifert walks you can always grab one in the mid rounds again like a Jake Butt or you could wait til next year and pick up or trade for a Tight End. New England has become the masters at doing this the last couple of years. With those guys ruled out I would love to see a top flight WR like Corey Davis, DE like Barnett or Thomas, or still would be okay with Reuben Foster.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
no one because im not stupid enough to think my opinion matters

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 02:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: no one because im not stupid enough to think my opinion matters

You think this thread is full of people who think Mike Brown is listening?

It's just a time killer until the draft to see who people don't like.

For me it's O.J. Howard, any offensive lineman, lattimore.

I'd be OK with just about any other top 15 player. I'm not in love with anyone.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 07:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't want you to comment on who you think the Bengals have ruled out, but who have you ruled out at #9 and why?

In other words, even if he's there, who are you passing on - keep it to the top guys.

At this point, I've ruled out Barnett.  I just don't think he provides much upside or value compared to the rest of the DEs in the draft.

I'm ruling out EVERYBODY except the LSU RB and the Bama LB Foster and if they are both picked before 9, that means a top D Lineman has fallen to us.  I don't want a TE again, or a CB again.  There are no worthy O Linemen at pick 9.  We are set at WR.    The LSU RB or if gone Foster and if gone a D Lineman because one has fell to us if both the other 2 are picked. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 07:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't want you to comment on who you think the Bengals have ruled out, but who have you ruled out at #9 and why?

At this point, I've ruled out Barnett.  I just don't think he provides much upside or value compared to the rest of the DEs in the draft.

Who have I ruled out?
Fournette, Cook, Lattimore, Mike Williams. Even Reuben Foster to a lesser extent. 

I've cooled on Foster because I think Kevin Minter is at least considered in their longer term plans beyond a year. Granted he did only sign a one-year prove-it deal, but if the Bengals don't hope to keep him longer, they likely would have just kept Maualuga for his final year of his contract.

I'm not thrilled about Derek Barnett because I think comparable talent will be there in Rd 2 and he's not as elite of an athlete. At 9, I want an elite athlete with high potential.
But I didn't include Barnett because at least it'd be a solid pass rusher. May not ever be Pro Bowl bound, but I'll accept a 6-8 sack-a-year player if that ends up being the Bengals' decision.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 08:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What a year to lose a great LT, and not have the protégé ready to roll.  Those feel good stories about Ogbuehi training at some fight camp aren't really easing my concerns either. 

I hope it helped him as much as Tom House helps Andy. You never know with these things. I know that sounds like a stupid platitude, but it's true, I think. From the sounds of it, Whit's still giving Ced advice. If he can stay healthy, I think we'll be ok, but we've got nothing behind him really. You have more experience with OLine dynamics than I do, though. Can guys improve dramatically in one year just by getting a stronger core and anchor? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I wanna say Rueben Foster but im not sure.....I havent heard anything about him being able to russ the passer? Ive seen him do it on film but havent heard anyone talk about it.We could kill two birds with one stone...add speed and pass rush to our d
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 11:31 PM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: I wanna say Rueben Foster but im not sure.....I havent heard anything about him being able to russ the passer? Ive seen him do it on film but havent heard anyone talk about it.We could kill two birds with one stone...add speed and pass rush to our d

Foster has only 7 sacks in his college career, so he isn't doing much to help the pass rush.  If you're wanting an athletic LB that can get to the QB, then Hassan Reddick is your man.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 12:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: Foster has only 7 sacks in his college career, so he isn't doing much to help the pass rush.  If you're wanting an athletic LB that can get to the QB, then Hassan Reddick is your man.
Did Alabama really need him to blitz much? With the way he shoots the gap i would think he would be a good pash rusher.He probably wasnt used as a rusher much when bamas dline would provide pressure,While i like Reddick i think he is closer to a jack of all trades where as foster bring a few traits that are elite.Thats what im looking for if its a top 10 pick and this draft is pretty deep
Reply/Quote