Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Have You Ruied Out at #9?
I'd rule out

Any QB (too early for the QB players in this draft)

Any O-lineman (too early for the o-line players in this draft, could trade back and grab top tackle or guard. Of course taking an o-lineman would be an admission by the front office that it completely f'ed up in free agency and the 2015 draft, so I believe this scenario is very, very, very unlikely. Instead they'll continue to do puff pieces and hope Ogbuehi doesn't flop again.)

Fournette (o-line can't run block and Fournette is use to having a FB, which we've forgotten how to use in the Bengals offense. If we were going to use a FB why not just use Hill who does well behind a FB?)

Cook (too little and we suck at run blocking. If we draft Cook might as well just say goodbye to Bernard. Would be a weird use of a top 10 pick.)

Taco (too early, but could trade back and get him. Of course there are other better DEs.)

Mike Williams (not speedy enough for our needs on the outside. Williams would be dynamite in the slot and over the middle, but then what to do with Boyd?)

Conley (too early for a position we are already deep with talent.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 12:36 AM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: Did Alabama really need him to blitz much? With the way he shoots the gap i would think he would be a good pash rusher.He probably wasnt used as a rusher much when bamas dline would provide pressure,While i like Reddick i think he is closer to a jack of all trades where as foster bring a few traits that are elite.Thats what im looking for if its a top 10 pick and this draft is pretty deep

There are two sides to that argument.  You can say he wasn't asked to blitz much because of their DL, but he also looked better when he did blitz because of that DL.

Reddick is an elite prospect in coverage and rushing the passer, as well as his athletic traits.  Foster is an elite run stuffer.  Just depends on what you want.  I don't see Foster as a Von Miller type pass rusher that's going to help much in that area.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote