Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who? Takes a big leap this year?
Mostly centered on non-rookies in this.

1. Joe Burrow… traditionally a lot of QB’s in year 3 ( in Joe’s case it’s not even his third in games played) take a step. Mostly tied to experience.
2. JaMar Chase…. He’s bound to be more settled
3. Logan Wilson… personally he might be the most likely IMHO
4. Jackson Carman… he’d better
5. Jonah Williams… I think he’s no different than a lot of OL that need 3 seasons to reach their prime.
6. Germaine Pratt… IMO he’s maybe got the most upside
7. Tee Higgins… year 3 and vying for a contract he’s my pick for a huge year
8. Chris Evans… he’s interesting but needs touches. He’s the dark horse IMO.

There’s probably others if so elaborate. Our focus centers mostly on new faces like the rookies and free agents. I’m not sure that making the Super Bowl isn’t like someone in the business world or a salesman just had their best year and got their best bonus. They’ve learned to navigate their job and tasted the fruits. They like it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Better be Carman, and I think it will.

Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Wilson already "broke out" last year.

Big opportunity for snaps at 3T. I think Sample might be a surprise there. He played well last year but mainly at DE.

Davis-Gather has the size and speed of a safety playing at LB. He won't be a starter but he could play a lot of snaps. He was playing well before his injury last year. His rookie season he was used a lot as a blitzes, but last year he was used a lot more in coverage. He is the type of versatile/multiple player that coaches love in these new "hybrid" defenses.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Better be Carman, and I think it will.

Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Wilson already "broke out" last year.

Big opportunity for snaps at 3T. I think Sample might be a surprise there. He played well last year but mainly at DE.

Davis-Gather has the size and speed of a safety playing at LB. He won't be a starter but he could play a lot of snaps. He was playing well before his injury last year. His rookie season he was used a lot as a blitzes, but last year he was used a lot more in coverage. He is the type of versatile/multiple player that coaches love in these new "hybrid" defenses.

I think Burrow can have another step up. His TD to Int ratio I think will improve. I also think Higgins due to the focus on Chase will have his best year. He’s wanting that big contract all are getting. He’s motivated.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
On offense - Jackson Carman, assuming his back injuries have subsided. He should be more comfortable on the left side and also have better guys around him.

On defense - Logan Wilson. I can see him ascending into one of the better LBs in the league. Maybe not in the same realm as Darius Leonard, but right up there with Matt Milano, who IMO is underrated as an off-ball LB. Heck, you might be able to argue he's already at Milano-level.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: On offense - Jackson Carman, assuming his back injuries have subsided. He should be more comfortable on the left side and also have better guys around him.

On defense - Logan Wilson. I can see him ascending into one of the better LBs in the league. Maybe not in the same realm as Darius Leonard, but right up there with Matt Milano, who IMO is underrated as an off-ball LB. Heck, you might be able to argue he's already at Milano-level.

That’s pretty much my take but I’m going with Higgins for some reason over Carman. I’m not sure Carman has the mindset for the NFL. But what do I know? ?‍♂️

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 12:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:  I also think Higgins due to the focus on Chase will have his best year. He’s wanting that big contract all are getting. He’s motivated.

He averaged 77.9 yards per game and 14.7 per reception with 6 tds.  I realize his totals could improve by 20% if he just plays 17 games instead of 14.  And all of our receivers will probably see an increase in their totals just because we will throw for more yards, but I don't really see a "big step" from Higgins.

What do you consider a "big step".  What are your predictions for Higgins if he plays 17 games?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He averaged 77.9 yards per game and 14.7 per reception with 6 tds.  I realize his totals could improve by 20% if he just plays 17 games instead of 14.  And all of our receivers will probably see an increase in their totals just because we will throw for more yards, but I don't really see a "big step" from Higgins.

What do you consider a "big step".  What are your predictions for Higgins if he plays 17 games?

Well I realize big steps are tough at his established level. I’m not looking at numbers as much as big plays or TD’s. I think he has more TD’s and more long TD’s. I think last year the whole world was enamored with Chase and his big plays. I think Higgins establishes himself as a bigger threat than he has.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully Carman.....and I think Ossai will for obvious reasons.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 12:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s pretty much my take but I’m going with Higgins for some reason over Carman. I’m not sure Carman has the mindset for the NFL. But what do I know? ?‍♂️

I guess I was already thinking Higgins has "arrived" and doesn't have much of a leap left to make.
What were you thinking with him? Into the 1200+ yard range?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I mentioned in a similar thread a guy to look out for is Cameron Sample.

Sample made a big jump from Tulane to the NFL now he will have a year in the system and a solid number of snaps under his belt. He also had a chance to make that transformation to his body we typically see from year 1 to year 2. Also if the other edge guys stay healthy this season it will give him more opportunities to pass rush from the inside which they envisioned when they took him in 2021.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I expect a big year for Hayden Hurst.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I expect a big year for Hayden Hurst.

With the 3 WRs we have I don't see any TE putting up big numbers.

I think he will have numbers a little better than Uzomah, but mainly due to the fact that the team will pass for more yards and everyones production will go up some.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 02:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I guess I was already thinking Higgins has "arrived" and doesn't have much of a leap left to make.
What were you thinking with him? Into the 1200+ yard range?

He had 6 TD’s. But I think he’s 10+ and more long range TD’s.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He had 6 TD’s. But I think he’s 10+ and more long range TD’s.

Meh. The TDs will happen when the red zone offense as a whole gets better.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Meh. The TDs will happen when the red zone offense as a whole gets better.

Well almost doubling his TD total and more breakaway TD’s would really make it hard to defend this offense. It’s already tough with the three of them.

Reply/Quote
Jessie Bates.

I think he has his best year as a pro. I've seen his workouts on IG. Dude is going to be lights out this season. Calling it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Jessie Bates.

I think he has his best year as a pro on another team. I've seen his workouts on IG. Dude is going to be lights out this season. Calling it.

Fix in bold  Ninja
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'll go with Eli Apple. He got much better as he got comfortable in our scheme. Coming into his 2nd year here and penciled in as the starter; I think he does much better.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With the 3 WRs we have I don't see any TE putting up big numbers.

I think he will have numbers a little better than Uzomah, but mainly due to the fact that the team will pass for more yards and everyones production will go up some.

With the big 3 getting all the attention, I can see a speedy TE like Hurst getting a lot of targets. He's going to be open a lot while everyone is trying to cover  Chase, Higgins and Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll go with Eli Apple. He got much better as he got comfortable in our scheme. Coming into his 2nd year here and penciled in as the starter; I think he does much better.

That’d be huge

Reply/Quote