Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who? Takes a big leap this year?
(06-21-2022, 09:37 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Even though his excelled last season, I think Burrow takes an even bigger leap this upcoming year with an improved OL protecting him. He's my vote and I think he'll enter MVP-territory with elite QBs such as Mahomes and Rodgers.

Joe

Burrow may never have 3 WRs this good again in his career. And even the very best QBs are more productive when they have better receivers. I would not be shocked at all to see Joe win MVP.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 09:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love the list, and agree with it...

I might add Khalid Kareem.  I know for pure DEs, the room is pretty crowded and he could even be fighting for a job if any of the rookies shine, but for some reason I think he will be in the mix.  We may even see him rotate inside some, I don't know.  I just like his work ethic and patience waiting for his chance.  He had some bad luck injuries in year two, but I have a feeling he will be a bigger impact this season. 

Although he wasn't on last year's team, I think Hayden Hurst could be up for a career year.  His biggest season was 2020 (notably his first year with a new team, the Falcons) where he had 56 receptions for 571 yards and 6 TDs.  He only had 221 yards on 26 receptions and 3 TDs last year as Kyle Pitts was brought in.  Oddly, this was the same thing that happened at Baltimore where they brought in Andrews who then became TE1.

I could see Hurst at the very least equaling his best season in Atlanta this upcoming season, and possibly eclipsing it.  I think he's very hungry and despite the talent at WR and the basic 11 formation they live in, I think Hurst is a breakout candidate.  

While at LSU the one year with Joe Burrow, Moss had 47 receptions for 570 yards and 4 TDs.  That WR room had Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Terrence Marshal and he (Moss) did that in just 12 games.  

Been disappointed in Thaddeus since we brought him in. Would be nice to see him make a big leap.

(06-21-2022, 09:37 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Even though his excelled last season, I think Burrow takes an even bigger leap this upcoming year with an improved OL protecting him. He's my vote and I think he'll enter MVP-territory with elite QBs such as Mahomes and Rodgers.

Joe

Yeah, I just wanted to list somebody besides Burrow but he is definitely my front runner right now for the MVP and he could
break records all the while doing it now that he might have some time in a pocket. Also as Fred notes he might never have WR's
this good ever again, plus having a running game will take pressure off of him and Defense's won't just be able to pin their ears
back and go after Joe cause we have no running game.
Reply/Quote