Poll: Who Was Your Favorite Player Drafted By The Bengals In 2016?
William Jackson III
Tyler Boyd
Nick Vigil
Andrew Billings
Christian Westerman
Cody Core
Clayton Fejedelem
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Was Your Favorite Player Drafted By The Bengals In 2016?
Billings man, but i love the WJ3 pick, the Boyd pick and the Westerman pick a lot as well.

Great frickin draft.
Reply/Quote
Billings.

I hope he works out cause he is easily a fan favorite
Reply/Quote
I heard that Nick Vigil once visited the Bermuda Triangle, and the Triangle was never heard from again. So, I voted for Nick motherflippin' Vigil!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Billings, any time you get a player in the 4th that you would have loved in the 1st it has to be your favorite pick. With that said I love pretty much every pick we made, I'm not sure the last 2 will be as good as the first 5 but I think they both have a chance to provide solid depth.
Reply/Quote
I said Cody Core. I think he will make some big plays for us this year. He won't catch 50 but the catches he makes will be big.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Boyd I was the most excited about,Nick vigil was the big whaaaa? Who's that? Seems like a ok pick right now,christian was a surprise,i was hoping on wr or safety. Cody core never heard of him ,or seen his name anywhere,but im really pulling for the guy to come in and be good.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 06:12 AM)McC Wrote: I said Cody Core.  I think he will make some big plays for us this year.  He won't catch 50 but the catches he makes will be big.

Excited as well, dude can play.

Reply/Quote
My favorite pick was Andler Vigilman III
Reply/Quote
Will Jackson was my favorite. Think he will eventually replace Adam Jones as our #1 CB in a few years.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
In terms of instant reactions I would rank I was most excited about Billings, Boyd, Jackson III, and Westerman in that order. I love Will Jackson III's game but I was a bit disappointed we just missed out on Doctson and Treadwell being picked back to back. Told my friends in the room with me that Jackson was a great pick though because I consistently mocked him as a top 15 selection and was surprised he was there. I was getting really nervous in the 2nd round when Shepherd was gone and then Michael Thomas came off the board to the Saints. Boyd was the last of the first year impact Wide Receiver's in my mind and I was pumped we could land him without trading up. I went completely nuts when we took Billings because he was my 2nd rated realistic want for the Bengals behind Treadwell in the 1st round. We were able to land him in the 4th and now he will be more motivated than ever. Loved it. Westerman was far and away the highest graded prospect still available in the 5th and had a 3rd round grade from almost every sites rankings so he was another big time steal here. If he pushes Bodine at Center the pick is even better. Great, great draft.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: William Jackson III.  I did not even want, or anticipate a CB in this draft.  However, he is the gift that fell into our lap, as the absolute best pick on the board when the Bengals selection came about.  So, I'm thrilled with it.  Besides, it screws the hated division rivals a bit.

Voted for Jackson also, for many reasons:

1. After the run on all the WR's, Bengals stayed true and didn't reach for a later round player
2. With A. Jones up there in age, Dre K underwhelming, and Dennard's failure to hit the field, the pick puts Dre K and Dennard on notice!!
3. This pick sent the Stoolers into panic mode, and they reached for need (something the Bengals did not do in the first).
4. I've heard many say how good the secondary is, but let's be clear our corners' success is due directly to how good the D-line has been. Take away Geno and Dunlap the corners are average or worst routinely getting burnt, playing way off the line of scrimmage, and being exposed when the line is not getting pressure.
5. For all the above reasons, it's a great pick at one of the most important positions in today's pass heavy NFL.
Reply/Quote
[Image: cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj...343&crop=1]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 03:44 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Voted for Jackson also, for many reasons:

1. After the run on all the WR's, Bengals stayed true and didn't reach for a later round player
2. With A. Jones up there in age, Dre K underwhelming, and Dennard's failure to hit the field, the pick puts Dre K and Dennard on notice!!
3. This pick sent the Stoolers into panic mode, and they reached for need (something the Bengals did not do in the first).
4. I've heard many say how good the secondary is, but let's be clear our corners' success is due directly to how good the D-line has been. Take away Geno and Dunlap the corners are average or worst routinely getting burnt, playing way off the line of scrimmage, and being exposed when the line is not getting pressure.
5. For all the above reasons, it's a great pick at one of the most important positions in today's pass heavy NFL.

4.. our defense has been good a while with top level corners... our DL only recently started to shine. they contribute both ways good coverage = longer time to sack.. better pass rush = less time in coverage or ability to make INTS on bad throws.

Its give and take

my favorite pick was the last one...

http://www.scout.com/college/illinois/story/1650822-werner-someone-draft-clayton-fejedelem
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:19 PM)TexasorBusted Wrote: I love this draft considering that they only had 7 picks, but they addressed pretty much every need with talent, strength, speed, skill and depth.

I have to vote for William Jackson III. I believe he WAS the best CB in this draft and feared that the Steelers would end up with him. He could have been a headache for the Bengals twice a year for a decade. I love Adam Jones, Dennard and Shaw....But I think Jackson will be even better than them. Sorry Dre...You will be the Andre Smith of 2016...Go get your contract somewhere else please...

I watch the highlights of Jackson...He looked like a Bengal CB. He will fit like a glove. He has a big play upside, great hands, great speed, great instincts, crazy reach....He plays like he is 6'4"...I wanted a WR....Doctson or Treadwell at #24, but Jackson III will be a "core" player for a decade if he stays healthy...His ceiling is off the charts...

I would say Billings is my favorite draft pick, but I just think Jackson is that good...It's no knock on Billings who will be awesome in his own right.

Boyd, Vigil and Westerman are future starters in this league. I will have to see on Core and Fejedelem...They will at least be good STers...

The Bengals FO nailed this draft....again....In Duke Tobin I Trust

Good stuff on Will Jackson man. I agree, i think he will be special but so will Billings, Boyd and Westerman IMHO.

Cody Core could be really good too a year or so down the road. His size and speed are rare and if Urban can get
his sloppy route running fixed he could be awesome on the outside across from Green.
Reply/Quote
I think Tyler Boyd will exceed expectations and be in the running for AFC ROY honors with over 850 rec yards and 7 TDs.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I selected Billings. Was the best value pick in our draft. Considered Boyd as he's going to contribute early.

Reply/Quote
I liked the entire draft this year. However, Billings is my favorite. Surprised we got him so late in the 4th round. I think he has potential to be another Lawrence Taylor type. He will be awesome in the NFL.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote