Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Be The Token AllStar Player For The Reds?
Well, AllStar balloting should begin soon. I'm thinking the only player on the Reds that I would pick is Suarez, but there are many other good third basemen. Forget the pitchers. Who do you think it will be? Votto is having a slow start. Suarez also has some defense issues.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Peraza is leading all NL SS in BA (.293) and runs scored (20)
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Peraza is leading all NL SS in BA (.293) and runs scored (20)

This was my choice as well. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I forgot about Peraza. He had a slow start, but has developed into a good player offensively. His defense still has issues though.
Reply/Quote
When Votto is suddenly hitting .380 after the ASG we can all protest and say, "But you all knew he would! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Scooter deserves the all star nod even if they lose every game from here on out.. And he wouldn't be a token all star.. Billy Hamilton would be a token.. Scooter would be deserving.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Players who might be in consideration:
Gennett
Votto
Suarez
Peraza
Barnhart

I think Votto might have a tough time making it because Freeman, Belt, and Martinez are playing rather well.
Barnhart has to deal with Posey, plus Contreras and Grandal are also doing well.
Suarez won't get in over Arenado and Kris Bryant, but might be able to slide in as a final 3B.
Peraza had a great hot streak but needs to get it going again to stay in consideration.
Gennett is 2nd in hits, 1st in BA, 2nd in OBP, 3rd in HR, and 3rd in RBI for 2B, so I think he has the best chance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would love to see Scooter get the allstar nod. I think he deserves it.
Reply/Quote
Not to change the subject, but does anyone else remember when few players hit over .300 except on rare occasions? Seems I remember reading the Sunday paper stat sheets and only 3-4 players hit .300. .320 was unbelievable. 

Reply/Quote
Right now both Suarez and Gennett deserve to be selected.

Through 6-2.....

Scooter Gennett is leading the National League in batting average (.341), 3rd in slugging (.559), 5th in OPS (.937), and 5th in RBI (39).

Eugenio Suarez is leading the National League in RBI (43) even though he does not have enough at bats to qualify for league leader in batting avg.  If he had enough at bats he would be second in both slugging (.589) and OPS (.974).  He is also hitting .305
Reply/Quote
I hope Gennett is made an all star and then we can trade him for a premium prospect or two.
We did it with Dan Straily to acquire Luis Castillo, so it would be cool to see us do it again.
That said, if we don't get an offer for an elite level prospect, we could easily keep him and see if he keeps producing at this level. He still has a reasonable amount of team control left.
Reply/Quote
If we trade Scooter, please package him with Homer. We need to dump Homer for sure.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 10:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope Gennett is made an all star and then we can trade him for a premium prospect or two.
We did it with Dan Straily to acquire Luis Castillo, so it would be cool to see us do it again.
That said, if we don't get an offer for an elite level prospect, we could easily keep him and see if he keeps producing at this level. He still has a reasonable amount of team control left.

They should be able to get something good for him.  If they can't get a guy the caliber of a Verdugo in return, then I might consider keeping Scooter on the team.  His sample size is getting to the point where he's an established, excellent MLB hitter.  He's also pretty controllable, contract-wise.  I'd put a high price on a player like that.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right now both Suarez and Gennett deserve to be selected.

Through 6-2.....

Scooter Gennett is leading the National League in batting average (.341), 3rd in slugging (.559), 5th in OPS (.937), and 5th in RBI (39).

Eugenio Suarez is leading the National League in RBI (43) even though he does not have enough at bats to qualify for league leader in batting avg.  If he had enough at bats he would be second in both slugging (.589) and OPS (.974).  He is also hitting .305

The pitching is trash for sure, but if this team didn't have an absolute sinkhole at the bottom of the lineup, it might be a pretty scary offense.  Get a legit outfielder and a leadoff guy (how long have we been saying that?), and the team is in business on that side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
Got three of them: Votto, Suarez and Gennett. All well deserving. Someone from the bullpen should have made it, too. Those guys have been on fire for the last two months.
Reply/Quote