Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Who Wins The AFCN "Honestly"
This division is always tough, that being said we are clearly the best team in the AFCN. We improved in the off-season and have a young confident improving team. What is there not to like and be optimistic about? Steelers got worse and we got better and they are going to win the division how? We go 13-4 and easily win the division by 2 games.
Reply/Quote
I think Cincinnati wins the division but it will be a tight race with the Ravens. They have a good squad and it is hard to think they will get hit with an injury bug like that again.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  Best QB in the Division- Joe Burrow and it isn't even close. 

I'd take Burrow over Watson, but it is pretty damn close.

Watson has the #2 career passer rating in NFL history despite averaging 51.3 sacks per season as a full time starter.  That's more than Burrow got sacked last year (51).

Over the 4 seasons he played ('17-'20) Watson was #5 among QBs in rushing yards per game (31.1) and rushing tds (17) 

Finally, he won 2 division championships in his 3 years as a full time starter.
Reply/Quote
I'm convinced that many of us have never seen Deshaun Watson play.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Bengals win division.  

If Watson plays most of the year Browns will be toughest competition.

Ravens and Steelers have a lot of talent and Super Bowl WINNING coaches.

It will be a very tough division.  If all the team stay healthy they will spend a lot of time beating each other.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 09:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals win division.  

If Watson plays most of the year Browns will be toughest competition.

Ravens and Steelers have a lot of talent and Super Bowl WINNING coaches.

It will be a very tough division.  If all the team stay healthy they will spend a lot of time beating each other.

ANYBODY wanna guess why Fred CAPLOCKED and BOLDED winning instead of Super Bowl? Even though it's been 10 years since Harbaugh has been to the Super Bowl and 14 years for Tomlin.

Imma go with his desire to seek the truth. Folks that just look to attack him may go with it is to diminish what Zac has accomplished. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 09:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd take Burrow over Watson, but it is pretty damn close.

Watson has the #2 career passer rating in NFL history despite averaging 51.3 sacks per season as a full time starter.  That's more than Burrow got sacked last year (51).

Over the 4 seasons he played ('17-'20) Watson was #5 among QBs in rushing yards per game (31.1) and rushing tds (17) 

Finally, he won 2 division championships in his 3 years as a full time starter.

Watson also played in a dog shit division when he was in Houston. No easy wins in the AFC North.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ANYBODY wanna guess why Fred CAPLOCKED and BOLDED winning instead of Super Bowl? Even though it's been 10 years since Harbaugh has been to the Super Bowl and 14 years for Tomlin.

Imma go with his desire to seek the truth. Folks that just look to attack him may go with it is to diminish what Zac has accomplished. 

Hell, Tomlin hasn't even won a playoff game since 2016.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:52 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: We all know pittsburgh isn’t finishing in last this year

How many times must they prove you people wrong and somehow finish .500 or better

Pretty big difference between Ben Rothlesberger and whoever they trot out this year.

Remember when Bill Bellichek was a genius? Now he's just a coach that drafts a small school 3rd RD olineman in the 1st round.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watson also played in a dog shit division when he was in Houston. No easy wins in the AFC North.

I’m not sure I agree with that take. From 2017-2020, the AFC South sent a wild card team to the playoffs every single year. Two of these playoff teams advanced to the AFCCG (Jaguars 2017, Titans 2019). I don’t think any of those years the division was as tough as the AFCN looks this year, but I don’t think it’s accurate to classify them as “dog shit”. It was a good division.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hell, Tomlin hasn't even won a playoff game since 2016.

This is not the truth Fred seeks.. 

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not sure I agree with that take. From 2017-2020, the AFC South sent a wild card team to the playoffs every single year. Two of these playoff teams advanced to the AFCCG (Jaguars 2017, Titans 2019). I don’t think any of those years the division was as tough as the AFCN looks this year, but I don’t think it’s accurate to classify them as “dog shit”. It was a good division.
Yeah, I just don't get it. Many Bengals fans have to diminish other QBs to pump ours up. Hopefully JB is good enough that folks can recognize how good other QBs are and still realize ours is better. 

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not sure I agree with that take. From 2017-2020, the AFC South sent a wild card team to the playoffs every single year. Two of these playoff teams advanced to the AFCCG (Jaguars 2017, Titans 2019). I don’t think any of those years the division was as tough as the AFCN looks this year, but I don’t think it’s accurate to classify them as “dog shit”. It was a good division.

That Jags teams was led by Blake Bortles… talk about a fluke run. Tennessee had Marcus Mariota. The only real competition he had inside his own division at QB was Luck. And that was only for his first 2 years. When there’s only one good QB in an entire division it’s a weak one in my book.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That Jags teams was led by Blake Bortles… talk about a fluke run. Tennessee had Marcus Mariota. The only real competition he had inside his own division at QB was Luck. And that was only for his first 2 years. When there’s only one good QB in an entire division it’s a weak one in my book.

[Image: tumblr_p29qesb20r1qch0kpo2_400.gif]
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I just don't get it. Many Bengals fans have to diminish other QBs to pump ours up. Hopefully JB is good enough that folks can recognize how good other QBs are and still realize ours is better. 

Who am I diminishing? Blake Bortles? Marcus Mariota? Jacoby Brissett? A 40 year old Phillip Rivers? Like I said, Luck was his only real competition. And he retired back in 2018.

I never said Watson isn’t really good. He is. But Fred going on about him winning a weak division multiple times doesn’t impress me much.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That Jags teams was led by Blake Bortles… talk about a fluke run. Tennessee had Marcus Mariota. The only real competition he had inside his own division at QB was Luck. And that was only for his first 2 years. When there’s only one good QB in an entire division it’s a weak one in my book.

Tennessee had Ryan Tannehill as the starter for most of the season, and he had a 117 QB rating. He followed that up with a 106.5 rating in 2020. He has been quite good since arriving in Tennessee. Any argument trying to call the AFC South “dog shit” during Watson’s tenure is going to be weak at best. This doesn’t mean they were a stud division, but they certainly weren’t as bad as you imply.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Tennessee had Ryan Tannehill as the starter for most of the season, and he had a 117 QB rating. He followed that up with a 106.5 rating in 2020. He has been quite good since arriving in Tennessee. Any argument trying to call the AFC South “dog shit” during Watson’s tenure is going to be weak at best. This doesn’t mean they were a stud division, but they certainly weren’t as bad as you imply.

Tannehill is as mid as it gets. He hasn’t even cracked 4k yds once in Tennessee. He lives off their run game. But I’ll replace “dog shit” division with MEH if it makes you happy.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tannehill is as mid as it gets. He hasn’t even cracked 4k yds once in Tennessee. He lives off their run game. But I’ll replace “dog shit” division with MEH if it makes you happy.

Tannehill had the highest passer rating, yards per attempt and yards per completion in the NFL in 2019. He followed that up by having the 5th highest passer rating in 2020. He hasn’t cracked 4k because passing yards are a volume statistic. The Titans don’t throw the ball a ton. I guess that’s “mid”, though. Whatever you say, Nicomo.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who am I diminishing? Blake Bortles? Marcus Mariota? Jacoby Brissett? A 40 year old Phillip Rivers? Like I said, Luck was his only real competition. And he retired back in 2018.

I never said Watson isn’t really good. He is. But Fred going on about him winning a weak division multiple times doesn’t impress me much.

Nope, you're diminishing Deshaun Watson. He played and won in a division with good teams. 0 idea why you're just focusing on the QBs

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, you're diminishing Deshaun Watson. He played and won in a division with good teams. 0 idea why you're just focusing on the QBs

Watson did all that with no running game, and piss poor protection too. He's been slept on his whole career though. This will be the best line that's ever been in front of him, and both of the Browns backs are at the very least the equal of our number 1 RB. I'm also not sure why people keep harping on Jarvis Landry's departure. Amari Cooper is no slouch, and OBJ never did a damn thing in Cleveland. Peoples- Jones has made a play or two against our boys as well.

I think we're the team to beat, but it's not gonna be easy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote