Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line?
(06-28-2018, 03:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: in college boiling was the LT and Glenn the LG I believe.

I thought I heard he played LT at Georgia.   I really liked him there last season.  And I bet Glenn would make a dominating right tackle.   Then we'd have a lot of options in the interior.

I'd like to think Pollack would look at that.   But teams have a habit of playing people where they're paid to play.  And Glenn is, I believe, being paid like a left tackle...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 03:31 PM)3wt Wrote: I thought I heard he played LT at Georgia.   I really liked him there last season.  And I bet Glenn would make a dominating right tackle.   Then we'd have a lot of options in the interior.

I'd like to think Pollack would look at that.   But teams have a habit of playing people where they're paid to play.  And Glenn is, I believe, being paid like a left tackle...

I'm sure we will see all sorts of combos in August...

I believe glenn is penciled as the LT...   But they love versatility so I'm sure they shift them around a little bit to make sure its not completely foreign to them if they have to readjust.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 01:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You could go that way, still getting probably the 5 strongest and nastiest guys out on the field. That's what we want

I mean this way all of them are out there, i like all of those Lineman and it plays to all of their strengths it seems.

Boling shown he can play LT last year even if it was a short span, he just shut down Suggs one of the best Ends in
the NFL. Boling as Xeno said played LT at Georgia next to Glenn. Westerman could be a premier LG, he is athletic
but not as big as Redmond. Glenn just seems like a perfect RT.

(06-28-2018, 01:48 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: alex Redmond,dude is 6ft 5in and weighs 330 and is mega strong and moves like a deer,he is my choice with Hopkins backup or westerman.

Could be our breakout Lineman for sure. He never got to really lift at UCLA with their poor strength program and
lack of a decent weight room. Seems to have that nasty to him, he just needs to work on his pass protection.

(06-28-2018, 03:13 PM)3wt Wrote: That could be a really dynamite combination.   I know Boling is a great pulling lineman and I would not be surprised if Westerman is too.  Running to the right could be very successful in the combination.

That is what i am thinking, we want to run the ball well, this should do it. Mixon and Gio could have great success
running behind this line and like you said, especially to the right.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 01:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be our breakout Lineman for sure. He never got to really lift at UCLA with their poor strength problem and
lack of a decent weight room. Seems to have that nasty to him, he just needs to work on his pass protection.

In this day and age, that is a real head scratcher, for sure.  How does a program with a fairly rich history of being traditionally competitive, in a Power 5 conference, get to the point of having a substandard reputation for their strength program?  I get it, that UCLA puts a high standard on academics, but so does Stanford.  They're in Southern California, for crying out loud.  That's like the cradle of cutting edge when it comes to athletic performance training systems.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 01:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In this day and age, that is a real head scratcher, for sure.  How does a program with a fairly rich history of being traditionally competitive, in a Power 5 conference, get to the point of having a substandard reputation for their strength program?  I get it, that UCLA puts a high standard on academics, but so does Stanford.  They're in Southern California, for crying out loud.  That's like the cradle of cutting edge when it comes to athletic performance training systems.

I had never heard that before.... That is a head scratcher, especially with all the famous alumni and history. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 01:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In this day and age, that is a real head scratcher, for sure.  How does a program with a fairly rich history of being traditionally competitive, in a Power 5 conference, get to the point of having a substandard reputation for their strength program?  I get it, that UCLA puts a high standard on academics, but so does Stanford.  They're in Southern California, for crying out loud.  That's like the cradle of cutting edge when it comes to athletic performance training systems.

I saw that i said problem instead of program, thanks for quoting me Sunset so i could see it.

Doesn't make any sense to me either, just remember reading this about Redmond. Another reason why i wasn't a big
fan of drafting Kolton Miller after hearing this. Sure would think UCLA wouldn't be playing it cheap if they wanted to be
competitive, never understood this.
Reply/Quote

It's Hollywood.  Their weight room has 50 curling bars and only one squat rack.
Reply/Quote