Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who all is "staying the course" ?
(01-04-2018, 01:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now yall taking shots at championship winning teams and their fanbases? Sad! If you choose to accept mediocrity, don't slam fans of championship teams.

Something tells me they don't care what you think about them as they prepare for the AFCC.

Yeah but it's not true fan hood, if you grew up in Ohio and your drunk daddy converted you from the Bengals at age 15.  They will never feel the true empowering feeling after a big win because they are fake. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:39 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I for one as a diehard Bengals fan know my heart doesn't give me a choice in the matter, but the more I think about it and for some reason feel positive moving forward, granted their isn't much evidence to support my intoxication of optimism but I for one will be "staying the course".   :andy:

The Bengals will always be my team, but I'm disappointed with the coaching decisions so far and that's certainly put a kibosh on my optimizism for the coming season.  We'll see what kind of roster they can put together for next year, but I have no confidence in Marvin getting this team over the hump.  I pretty much see 2 more years of being an average team, 4 more losses to the Steelers, and if we're lucky, another one and done in the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: Battered fan syndrome is real.

You guys are surely making MB proud.

I'm taking names, and none of yall bet not say a word when we get destroyed by the Steelers, lack half time adjustments,  and falter in primetime again. Mods pin this thread.

Oh so your staying too... You fit the bill you just labeled..  lol
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now yall taking shots at championship winning teams and their fanbases? Sad! If you choose to accept mediocrity, don't slam fans of championship teams.

Something tells me they don't care what you think about them as they prepare for the AFCC.

Fans of championship teams have as much to do with their teams being championship teams as we do with the Bengals being a perennial loser. Read: None. They're just people, like you and me, the only difference is they were more fortunate to become a fan of a team with competent ownership and so it's the fans of bad teams who've actually been put to the test and been through the fire who should be revered. 

What have Steeler fans ever had to suffer through? Nothing. It's easy and that's why I don't respect them. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:47 PM)Striper Wrote: Fans of championship teams have as much to do with their teams being championship teams as we do with the Bengals being a perennial loser. Read: None. They're just people, like you and me, the only difference is they were more fortunate to become a fan of a team with competent ownership and so it's the fans of bad teams who've actually been put to the test and been through the fire who should be revered. 

What have Steeler fans ever had to suffer through? Nothing. It's easy and that's why I don't respect them. 

If there are any that are still around, they were a joke pre mid 60s..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Oh so your staying too... You fit the bill you just labeled..  lol

I'm just here so I don't get fined!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I guess I will be staying the course. You can't erase 40 some years from your life.
I only hope that ML doesn't stay the course, because his course hasn't work for awhile now...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: If there are any that are still around, they were a joke pre mid 60s..... Mellow

Those people are now all over the age of 60. Even if you're an old enough Steelers fan to remember those bad times I'm sure the last 50 years of consistently competitive to great football and more Super Bowl wins than anyone else has done more than enough to help them get over the pre-70's losing. 

When was the last time they even had a losing record? 03? It resulted in them drafting Roethlisberger. Things go right in Pittsburgh about as often as things can go right in the NFL. 

The Patriots have been as good as any team has ever been over a 2 decade period, but at least there's still some youngish Patriots fans out there humble enough to remember the 1-15, pre-Kraft, pre-Parcells, and Pete Carroll years. 
Reply/Quote
I agree all teams have had their bad years. It doesn't really make anybody a better fan whether your team wins all the time loses all the time. I used to be like Striper, emotionally invested into games. After numerous heartbreak loses, Palmer injury vs Steelers, the 0-5 stretch, the Jets loss where Rey Mauluga got burnt every other play, I care less. And I can never forget the most recent playoff loss to the Steelers. How the heck is the Martavius Bryant flip a catch??? Anyway, I'll still follow this team. And really if any Bengal fan has made it through the last 25 years, they can make it through anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:07 PM)Striper Wrote: Those people are now all over the age of 60. Even if you're an old enough Steelers fan to remember those bad times I'm sure the last 50 years of consistently competitive to great football and more Super Bowl wins than anyone else has done more than enough to help them get over the pre-70's losing. 

When was the last time they even had a losing record? 03? It resulted in them drafting Roethlisberger. Things go right in Pittsburgh about as often as things can go right in the NFL. 

The Patriots have been as good as any team has ever been over a 2 decade period, but at least there's still some youngish Patriots fans out there humble enough to remember the 1-15, pre-Kraft, pre-Parcells, and Pete Carroll years. 

Oh, I know.....I was agreeing with you, and noting that most Stooler fans are frontrunning bandwagoners.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
They are (Bengals) making it rough to be optimistic about this team when they do some of the stupid stuff they do! I'm going to hang in there I guess just to see how after two years how things pan out. My guess is ML will sign a new contract extension in 2019!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:39 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I for one as a diehard Bengals fan know my heart doesn't give me a choice in the matter, but the more I think about it and for some reason feel positive moving forward, granted their isn't much evidence to support my intoxication of optimism but I for one will be "staying the course".   :andy:

Paul Alexander is gone. This one thing will keep me around. If he was back i would not care anymore but this is HUGE!

Couldn't stand this fatass sumbitch.
Reply/Quote
Will I still watch and root for the Bengals?...yes. Will I renew my 4 season tickets that I've had since PBS opened after they re-upped Marvin?...Nope!
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote