Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who are you guys rooting for?
(01-26-2018, 05:34 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Honestly just want a really good game

I'll go with this as well.  Don't care who wins as long as it's an exciting (and fair) game.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 04:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I live in Steeler country, and "the Patriots are the only thing that ever gets those people down...ergo, I love them.  I have to.  Until we start stopping the Steelers, the Patriots are going to have be one of my favorite teams."

#metoo

Although I don't live in Steeler country Sick
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 04:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes!  Gosh I used to hate those bastards.... LOL 

I still do Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 10:25 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Regardless of who wins, your title of 13 championships are solidly safe.  The next 3 teams behind you are the Bears (9), the Giants and Browns (8).

The only teams who currently have a chance to win more are the Steelers (6), Patriots and Cowboys (5).

Looks like your title will stand for a good while!!

Well, well, well, we agree on one thing. The packers have the most championships in football [13].

It drives the Steeler fans nuts when you mention that to them.

So far arguments sake, Go Pats!! Got get your 6th and 7th title to finally shut down the Stealer faithful.
Reply/Quote
Made a run to Tim Horton's this morning, and after placing my order, pulled up to the window. The guy slides the window open and I see he's decked out in Patriot regalia. I think nothing of it given the day and hand over my credit card. He sees I'm wearing my Bengals coat and starts asking me about Marvin Lewis. Why is he still employed? Why wasn't he gone years ago? What are the Bengals thinking? Questions I've asked myself plenty of times, sure, but I'm always amazed that wearing a team affiliation can bring unsolicited remarks from strangers. Especially when I just wanted my damn food and coffee, FFS.

If the Pats lose today I'll be thinking of that guy, sitting in his shitty apartment with his head in his hands, hating life.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It's boring, because they always seem to win, but I'm going with the Pats.

Look, it's all but guaranteed that the Bengals will lose every game they play vs Pittsburgh for as long as Marvin is the HC. He's demonstrated that he can't get his teams ready to play them. Could be a close game, could be a blowout. Either way, it's an absolute certainty that it will be humiliating for Marvin and company. From fake punts with huge leads to 4th down passes tossed out of bounds, to massive halftime leads evaporating, it just doesn't matter.

The inverse of this is that Mike Tomlin will get his ass handed to him by Bellichick in a very similar fashion when Pittsburgh runs into the Pats. He goes from cocky shit-talker to going home with his tail between his legs every single time. It's about the only non-Bengal related moment of football season I really look forward to.

Got the best running back in the league? An MVP-caliber receiver? A HOF quarterback? Doesn't matter. The Bengals have none of those things when they face the Steelers and the Steelers have all of them when they play the Pats. They've gotten nothing for it but finger-pointing in the locker room and minority shareholders questioning their HC. I love it. It means so much. It means that no matter how bad they beat Cincinnati and how much shit they talk, they're still doomed to the same fate and heartbreak every season that Brady and Bellichick are in the league.

You dominate the Bengals? Big deal. We're a turd organization with a turd coach and a turd owner competing in the NFL with one hand tied behind our backs. But until they can unseat the Pats, that's going to be their crowning achievement. They run up stats and beat the Bengals. Yay!

I'll deal with the monotony of another NE title to keep that system in place until Ben and Tomlin are both done and have nothing else to show for it.
Reply/Quote
Would think all the "start AJM" folks would be pulling for the back up QB.

To me it is pick your poison since I dislike each team.

On one hand you get to see a knife stuck in steeler fans heart watching Brady win as many as their entire franchise has. That is a good thing.

On the other get to see a new SB Champion crowned. That is a good thing as well even though they have won the championship before the SB started.

Rooting for Eagles, but laughing at all steeler fans if Patriots win. So reckon it is a win-win situation for me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 05:18 PM)packerbacker Wrote: In the Super Bowl? Me Philly hands down even with how bad their fans are I would love if they won.

Literally forgot the game was today.  I was out of town for work all week and it has been a whirlwind.

I want Philly to win...and with their backup QB.  Foles will become the huge dollar FA and some team will overpay for him (I have said it once, I will say it again...it is the team around the QB, not the QB around the team) and subsequently be eliminated from contention because they will not be able to develop the rest of their team.  Ditto Cousins. 

Regardless of my feelings for Foles blowing up some team, I do want Philly to win.  Their fans deserve one.  I don't want to hear that they shouldn't win because they threw snowballs at Santa or something like that.  Patriot fans rival steeler fans for obnoxious behaviour. I was happy for the Saints when they finally won one, ditto the Rams a la my man-crush, Kurt Warner and the Greatest Show On Turf.  I would be similarly happy for the Eagles.  Plus, my buddy Andy played for them.

I wouldn't be that upset if the Pats won, because that would give them seven and move the steelers in to 2nd place.  That is always a good thing.  
Reply/Quote
Well, now I'm just pulling for the Eagles cheerleaders.

No gameday thread for the SB? I cant be the only one eschewing the parties and stuff to stay home tonight.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 08:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, now I'm just pulling for the Eagles cheerleaders.

No gameday thread for the SB?  I cant be the only one eschewing the parties and stuff to stay home tonight.

Doesn't seem to be enough interest to warrant a gameday thread, so I guess we can just use this.

If the Eagles lose thanks to Jake Elliott, I fully expect some crow eating from Elliott fans. That dude sucks on XP's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 09:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Doesn't seem to be enough interest to warrant a gameday thread, so I guess we can just use this.

If the Eagles lose thanks to Jake Elliott, I fully expect some crow eating from Elliott fans. That dude sucks on XP's.

There's a thread and a few of us posting in it. Around the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 09:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There's a thread and a few of us posting in it. Around the NFL.

Thanks. Guess I looked in the wrong forum.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If Philly Wins:
-We get to witness a riot in Philadelphia.
-Bandwagon Patriots fans from non-NE areas will shut up for at least a year.

If NE Wins:
-Steelers fans lose their "6 rings der-da-der".

I'm pretty good either way. That said, that halftime show was WEAK.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 10:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If Philly Wins:
-Bandwagon Patriots fans from non-NE areas will shut up for at least a year.

If NE Wins:
-Steelers fans lose their "6 rings der-da-der".

I'm pretty good either way. That said, that halftime show was WEAK.

Either way, the Philly bars sell a ton of alcohol, and the Philly cops make a ton of OT.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I'm just happy that squeeler fans will forever think the game is rigged against them since Philly got the bouncing ball TD call while James was ROBBED!  ROBBED I SAY!  
OH those bitter tears of defeat! Just prepare for the upstream flooding coming your way good people of Cincinnati. Every squeeler fan is now entitled to cry themselves a river which will fill the Ohio river to beyond capacity with those bitter tears.. Get out the sand bags.. The flood is coming! 

C'mon. You know you feel their pain, right? Maybe not .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 09:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Doesn't seem to be enough interest to warrant a gameday thread, so I guess we can just use this.

If the Eagles lose thanks to Jake Elliott, I fully expect some crow eating from Elliott fans.
That dude sucks on XP's.
Or in contrast, Elliott bashers can admit they were wrong. Elliott broke to Super Bowl records in same night.

Longest FG by a rookie kicker - 42 yards beating Matt Barr
Longest Field Goal by a rookie kicker - 46 yards beating himself

Time to pony up for the rookie that also kicked a 61 yard game winner in 2017 and yes just like the veteran NE kicker, he missed an extra point, but was perfect on field goals last night
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It turned out to be an awesome ending to the playoffs. Philly beat Minnesota and New England, two of my most hated teams!
Reply/Quote