Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who are you guys rooting for?
(01-23-2018, 06:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am also going for the Patriots since it would drive the Steelers fans mad, that they are now tied with the team they hate for the most lombardis. Hilarious

Not just the franchise have the same amount of Super Bowl wins but Tom Brady and Bill Belichick having the same amount of Super Bowl wins.

Every time a Steeler fan throws out "We have six Super Bowl wins" in that snarky way everyone everywhere will be able to say, "That's great and all but it's really not that impressive since Tom Brady by himself has six Super Bowl rings."
Reply/Quote
Pats. **** the entire city of Philly and their fans. They’re just the worst. Must be something in the water in Pennsylvania...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 06:51 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Ill drink to that. Even if my Packers lost to you guys in the Superbowl I wouldn't feel bad at all. 

[Image: 88f789d61d3592827dc34a6e43911d2e75581cfe.gif]

Reply/Quote
Steeler fans are all rooting for the Eagles, so my choice is clear. Were it not for Brady and Bellichick we would be hearing the Steelers bragging about their 10 Limbardis.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 07:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 88f789d61d3592827dc34a6e43911d2e75581cfe.gif]

I wouldn't want us to lose but if it came down to it you guys are one of the only teams I wouldn't mind losing to. I would be sick if we lost to the Patriots or Broncos again.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 07:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Steeler fans are all rooting for the Eagles, so my choice is clear.  Were it not for Brady and Bellichick we would be hearing the Steelers bragging about their 10 Limbardis.

We want Belichick on that wall. We need Belichick on that wall!

[Image: 2a30d2e.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 06:44 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey if the Eagles win the Superbowl imagine how crazy the Eagle fans will get. I think they might trash their own city and it will look like a hurricane went through there. I am serious there is something in the water in Philly lol.

If the Eagles somehow did win, they would burn their own city to the ground.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Patriots all the way for me. Their run of excellence is unprecedented in NFL history. I feel privileged to be alive to see it. And they really piss off Steeler fans, which is an added bonus.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 09:40 PM)McC Wrote: If the Eagles somehow did win, they would burn their own city to the ground.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll burn their city down and the fire will spread across PA and cleanse that shithole pitt as well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Count me in as one of the official Don't carers.. Actually I care much more about the weather on June 3rd 2063 at 6:37pm in Omaha Nebraska. I won't be alive by then and no absolutely nobody from Omaha and THAT'S how much I care.. The super bowl doesn't rate that high and I probably won't bother to tune in. I'll be watching the weather channel instead despite not having the weather channel here at home.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 05:51 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Very true. There needs to be an investigation into these officials. Only one penalty for the Pats last Sunday? Something is fishy.

Referees suck on every level in every sport across the board. There's something about putting that striped shirt on that makes one's IQ drop about 75 points. I don't believe i've ever seen an official that i like and i doubt i ever will. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a tough question, indeed.  

While I truly hate the "Evil Empire" as headed by Kraft, Belichick and Brady, and feel like the Jags got jobbed in the AFCCG;  I actually think that I would rather see them win another hollow title.

Here's why.  See, I am a miserable Bengals fan.  My team has never won the Superbowl.  Along the course of time, I've had to witness fans of other historically shitty teams bask in the glory of their team winning their 1st title. (Buccaneers, Saints, Colts, to name a few)  So, with me being a miserable fan, misery loves company.  Besides, the bulk of their fan base is a bunch of dooshers, anyhow..

Edit:  From the top of my head, I only count 13 teams that have yet to win a SB Title.

Bills
Jags
Titans
Texans
Bengals
Browns
Chargers
Lions
Vikings
Eagles
Panthers
Falcons
Cardinals

And if history holds true, that list will eventually dwindle down to two teams. The Browns and...you guessed it...the Bengals.  Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Referees suck on every level in every sport across the board. There's something about putting that striped shirt on that makes one's IQ drop about 75 points. I don't believe i've ever seen an official that i like and i doubt i ever will. 

I always liked Kerry Fraser in the NHL, but I’m drawing a blank trying to think of any in the NFL...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I always liked Kerry Fraser in the NHL, but I’m drawing a blank trying to think of any in the NFL...

The only referee i would ever like is the one that blew a call to give a SB to the Bengals. Since that's pure fantasy, i'm convinced i'll go to the grave never liking a single one. The best i can do for now is simply having a lesser amount of contempt when they don't screw a team i'm rooting for, which has happened all too many times in my life. 

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 09:43 PM)McC Wrote: Patriots all the way for me.  Their run of excellence is unprecedented in NFL history.   I feel privileged to be alive to see it.  And they really piss off Steeler fans, which is an added bonus.

I'll take Patriots for 1000 Alex.....count me in for that 6th ring, so those Rusty River Rednecks will STFU.

Those rooting for Philly should thank me, I just jinxed Darth Hoodie and Tom Terrific. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 10:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll take Patriots for 1000 Alex.....count me in for that 6th ring, so those Rusty River Rednecks will STFU.

Those rooting for Philly should thank me, I just jinxed Darth Hoodie and Tom Terrific. Mellow

Think about this--you won the conference championship game in a romp..  You are pumped.  What a feeling.  And your reward?

Now you get to go play the Patriots. 

You will never be able to really believe you can win.  You will say out loud a million times that you will win.  But deep down, where it really matters, in that place you have to draw from when Brady is charging up and down the field in the 4th quarter, you will know you can't win.  And you won't.

The Patriots are a great movie with a whole bunch of sequels, and every one of them is a hit.

Kinda like having to go play the Niners twice in their heyday, huh?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 07:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Steeler fans are all rooting for the Eagles, so my choice is clear.  Were it not for Brady and Bellichick we would be hearing the Steelers bragging about their 10 Limbardis.

That is a great point that i completely understand. :andy:
Reply/Quote
Iggles.... They're gonna lose, but I'm friends with some Philly natives. It will at least make a game I don't give a shit about watchable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 03:08 PM)jason Wrote: Iggles.... They're gonna lose, but I'm friends with some Philly natives. It will at least make a game I don't give a shit about watchable.

Seen that in the area of New England there is a big push for people not to wear Green or eat Philly cheese steaks.

I like Philly cheese steaks and green beer and i want to enjoy the SB no matter who is playing.

Sometimes i just get sick of the same teams being in the SB every year and that team is usually the Patriots.

The Eagles have never won a SB just like us, hence why i am rooting for them.

But i can always understand wanting Brady to have as many rings as the Steelers to rub it in their face.

In the end i just have to go back to the point i love watching football. Sure beats the hell out of everything not sports on TV.
Reply/Quote
Do they still have the Bud Bowl? 

I'll watch it for the commercials.  Is that kinda like saying, "I get Playboy's to read the articles?"

There's a Puppy Bowl on somewhere.  I'll watch that.  Then i'll switch over and watch a few more commercials.  The commercials will be dumb and i'll find myself watching most of the game.  Then I'll go switch it over to the SyFy channel to see if there is a Twilight Zone marathon on.  Then i'll come back to the game in the 4th quarter just to see Tom Brady lead the mighty Patriots in another glorious 4th quarter come back.  I'll barf, then I'll watch the next episode of This Is Us. 

I'm not rooting for anyone.  I hate the Eagles because of their Neanderthal fans and I hate the Patriots because they cheat....and because I'm so sick and tired of hearing of the New England Patriots.  They are the NFL's version of the Alabama Crimson Tide.  Just go away.....both teams.  Sayonara!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote