Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are your free agent targets for the Bengals - Day 3
(03-16-2023, 12:37 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Not a huge fan of the RBs left or Gesicki.

I like Gesicki, our pass to run ratio continues to widen.

He sounds like he would like it here.....

Reply/Quote
My targets, assuming they could fit in the budget, would be:
Foster Moreau, TE - I don't think he's a Top 10 TE, but I think he'd be a good filler based on what TE could be selected in the draft. As long as he doesn't cost more than $5 mill APY

John Johnson, SAF - Solid starting safety for both Rams and Browns. Pretty consistently puts up a lot of tackles, gets some PDs, and gets a few turnovers.

Dalton Risner, OG - This is a long shot, but he would be an upgrade at LG. He's a good pass blocker. Volson could be the backup to both OG spots. You'd truly have a stud OL with Brown-Risner-Karras-Cappa-Williams/Collins/Carman/draft pick
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I keep saying Irv Smith at TE.

Would like him or Foster Moreau who is currently my favorite for us.

(03-16-2023, 11:39 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I’d like to see Poona Ford brought in as rotational/pr dl if he’s willing to take a reasonable contract as a part time player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved Poona at Texas, guess he hasn't been great in the pros to still be available...

(03-16-2023, 01:10 PM)depthchart Wrote: Dont'a Foreman or Kareem Hunt could handle the work load and do a good job. They are both cheaper than Mixon.

Not many other backs that I would like from the remaining Free Agents that may be in the Bengals price range.

The Bengals may be preparing to Draft one in the first or 2nd round and maybe sign an older veteran that gets cut later to use with the rookie.

Good one on Dont'a Foreman, would like him if he can pass block a bit. Hunt is a talent but bad character, don't think we 
add a player like that. At least he used to have bad character, maybe he has changed, don't know.

(03-16-2023, 01:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Foster Moreau, TE
John Johnson III, S
D'Ernest Johnson, RB (#2 RB)
Cam Sims, WR (4th-5th WR)
Elijah Wilkinson G/T (quality depth, they currently have no backup real G)

I think at that point I would be perfectly content for the draft to fill in any other starter or depth needs (starting RB, RT that will start in 2024, P, #2 TE).

Replace John Johnson with Julian Love and would love that list TLL.  Cool

(03-16-2023, 01:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure Hunt fits Zac's mold.

Cant read the list per it gets blurry when expanding and these old eyes don't work like they once did.

Yet want a good safety and maybe an adequate TE.

But think both TE's could be had in the draft along with a RB if the right TE cant be found.

So really just want a safety and possibly a IOL depth piece and Apple.

Then go into draft searching for TE, RB, Pass Rusher, CB, and a late round WR flyer

So Julian Love, Elijah Wilkinson or Dalton Risner and Apple and you are happy Go Cards?

I could definitely live with that. Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hunt is a talent but bad character, don't think we 
add a player like that. At least he used to have bad character, maybe he has changed, don't know.

Replace John Johnson with Julian Love and would love that list TLL.  Cool

I'm 100% out on Hunt. Doesn't seem worth it at all.

Julian Love just seems too small for the AFCN. A 5'10" 195lbs safety, and generally with the guys who are sub-200 they play up their weight. You pair him with a light Dax Hill and that's an awfully light safety duo.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I like Gesicki, our pass to run ratio continues to widen.

He sounds like he would like it here.....

It's really wonderful how some of these Bengals players are helping to recruit free agents. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm 100% out on Hunt. Doesn't seem worth it at all.

Julian Love just seems too small for the AFCN. A 5'10" 195lbs safety, and generally with the guys who are sub-200 they play up their weight. You pair him with a light Dax Hill and that's an awfully light safety duo.

Feel the same with Hunt. Good point on Love, but damn the guy is talented, great coverage and plays big for being a small safety.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same with Hunt. Good point on Love, but damn the guy is talented, great coverage and plays big for being a small safety.

Leading RB Rushers of his Rivals in NFCE
Miles Sanders: 211lbs
Tony Pollard: 209lbs
Brian Robinson: 225lbs (they technically have a FB, but he played only 4 offensive snaps, so I am not going to count him)

Leading RB Rushers of Bengals Rivals in AFCN
Nick Chubb: 227lbs
Najee Harris: 232lbs + 234lb Fullback
JK Dobbins: 214lbs + 311lb Fullback (Lamar is 212 if you want to count him instead)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Leading RB Rushers of his Rivals in NFCE
Miles Sanders: 211lbs
Tony Pollard: 209lbs
Brian Robinson: 225lbs (they technically have a FB, but he played only 4 offensive snaps, so I am not going to count him)

Leading RB Rushers of Bengals Rivals in AFCN
Nick Chubb: 227lbs
Najee Harris: 232lbs + 234lb Fullback
JK Dobbins: 214lbs + 311lb Fullback

Yeah, Love might get ran over here, almost is likely. I know Gardner-Johnson is bigger and more physical, he fits.
Reply/Quote
Mike Gesicki, TE, Miami Dolphins

https://www.nfl.com/players/mike-gesicki/
Reply/Quote
Right now I'm looking for snap count and locker room contributors with reasonable salaries. I would hope that the Bengals actually keep some cap space open this year for when the trade deadline rolls around during the season. I know that we hear "Next man up" and "we're going with the players who have been here", but we've also seen how that turns out. So my current list of depth needs:
TE: Foster Moreau scares me because he was an atrocious blocker on a team (LVR) that actually had a run game. Instead, I'd consider the 38 yr. old Marcedes Lewis, who still contributes 400 snaps a year as an excellent blocker. I don't think he's a scary receiver, but he caught two TDs in 6 catches last year.
CB: Sean Murphy-Bunting. He's a very good slot corner (we already have Hilton) and a decent outside corner, who has missed time with injuries. Even so, he's played 50+% of the defensive snaps each of his 4 years. He's still out there and may settle for a shorter, prove-it deal.
WR: Olamide Zaccheus. 5-9 Undersized slot. He was the second leading receiver for the Falcons behind Drake London who was targeted 70 times more. Improved every year despite playing with QBs Matt Ryan and Mariota. Can win in multiple ways. Undervalued based on team/QB play.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:17 AM)puddycat Wrote: Right now I'm looking for snap count and locker room contributors with reasonable salaries. I would hope that the Bengals actually keep some cap space open this year for when the trade deadline rolls around during the season. I know that we hear "Next man up" and "we're going with the players who have been here", but we've also seen how that turns out. So my current list of depth needs:
TE: Foster Moreau scares me because he was an atrocious blocker on a team (LVR) that actually had a run game. Instead, I'd consider the 38 yr. old Marcedes Lewis, who still contributes 400 snaps a year as an excellent blocker. I don't think he's a scary receiver, but he caught two TDs in 6 catches last year.
CB: Sean Murphy-Bunting. He's a very good slot corner (we already have Hilton) and a decent outside corner, who has missed time with injuries. Even so, he's played 50+% of the defensive snaps each of his 4 years. He's still out there and may settle for a shorter, prove-it deal.
WR: Olamide Zaccheus. 5-9 Undersized slot. He was the second leading receiver for the Falcons behind Drake London who was targeted 70 times more. Improved every year despite playing with QBs Matt Ryan and Mariota. Can win in multiple ways. Undervalued based on team/QB play.

I’d re-sign 26 year old Mitch Wilcox who is an excellent blocker and so so receiver before signing a 38 year old. Wilcox gave us 500 offensive snaps and another 240 special team snaps last season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 08:03 AM)pally Wrote: I’d re-sign 26 year old Mitch Wilcox who is an excellent blocker and so so receiver before signing a 38 year old.  Wilcox gave us 500 offensive snaps and another 240 special team snaps last season

I'm actually surprised we have not re-signed him already. I doubt he would cost much. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 08:03 AM)pally Wrote: I’d re-sign 26 year old Mitch Wilcox who is an excellent blocker and so so receiver before signing a 38 year old.  Wilcox gave us 500 offensive snaps and another 240 special team snaps last season

He played 500 offensive snaps, but he shouldn't be a guy that plays 500 offensive snaps in the NFL.

As a 3rd TE, I think he's fine. You basically need 2 quality TE's in the NFL with the way they are used and injuries.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 10:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He played 500 offensive snaps, but he shouldn't be a guy that plays 500 offensive snaps in the NFL.

As a 3rd TE, I think he's fine. You basically need 2 quality TE's in the NFL with the way they are used and injuries.

Love the way Wilcox was blocking though last year. He would pull inside and block big DT's and hold his own. Blew my mind.

I want this guy back.
Reply/Quote
RB2: Elliot, draft pick
TE1: draft pick
TE2: Marcedes Lewis, draft pick
TE3/TE4: Wilcox, D. Sample, Carter
CB4: Apple
CB5: Draft pick, Flowers
OG4: draft pick, Riser
Punter: UDFA/Draft pick (Turk, Torsak, Baringer)
DE5: draft pick, Ingram
DT: Robinson, draft pick (weak class)
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: RB2: Elliot, draft pick
TE1: draft pick
TE2: Marcedes Lewis, draft pick
TE3/TE4: Wilcox, D. Sample, Carter
CB4: Apple
CB5: Draft pick, Flowers
OG4: draft pick, Riser
Punter: UDFA/Draft pick (Turk, Torsak, Baringer)
DE5: draft pick, Ingram
DT: Robinson, draft pick (weak class)

Is Risner still out there? Yes, would love to add him to the interior. Also would love to add Ingram to the pass rush. I think 3-tech could 
still be in play if any good ones are out there or we see a good one in the Draft. Bring back Reader on a multiple year extension and Tufele 
and NT is good for a bit. Sure wouldn't mind bringing in Zeke and Mercedes even if both are past their prime, they should be somewhat 
cheap and yeah to bringing back our corner depth.
Reply/Quote
Drew Sample anyone? Could help with the draft pick.
Reply/Quote