Poll: Who did you like best?
Brooks
Woods
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who did you like Best?
James Brooks

[Image: 51DYheutEyL._AC_SX342_.jpg]

OR

Ickey Woods

[Image: 9159552915230684415.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Till this day, James Brooks remains my all-time favorite professional athlete regardless of sport.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
JB, not even close!
Reply/Quote
Between the 20 yard lines: James Brooks

In the Red Zone: Ickey Woods
Reply/Quote
Loved em both but Brooks was awesome
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 06:26 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Loved em both but Brooks was awesome

Me too

Brooks overall but the shuffle was just the corny thing we needed that season, fun times. Love Ickey for that
Reply/Quote
Love Ickey, but JB was a special cat. Terrific all-around back, and for his size - an extremely effective and tenacious blocker.
Reply/Quote
JB could take his shoulder and pop jaws with it.
Reply/Quote
I had to think on this one, but voted Brooks. He was an all around talent that was fun to watch. Ickey sure did make things fun!
Reply/Quote
James Brooks was a phenomenal talent for his entire career, Ickey Woods was a one year wonder..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: James Brooks was a phenomenal talent for his entire career, Ickey Woods was a one year wonder..

You worded it better than I did but this is pretty accurate.
Reply/Quote
The Brooks/Woods combo is another one of those "What might have been" things. Woods' knee was destroyed by a, you guessed it, Steelers linebacker. Never was the same after that.
Reply/Quote
Brooks and its not close in my opinion.

lb for lb probably the toughest on the field , plus his YPC was crazy

...near as damnnit he had 4 1000 yard rushing seasons (86,88 just short on 15 games,89,90) and he averaged over 5.0 ypc in those seasons.

Emmitt Smith, Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, LaDainan Tomlinsons, Adrian Peterson, Walter Payton...none of them could say that.

His yards per catch also great ...averaged 12.7 yards per catch as a RB on over 50 catches in 1986!

Yeah , in that run from 86-90 he played behind our best ever OL but he was legit.
Reply/Quote
James Brooks in probably my favorite Bengals of all time. Ickey was fun, but Brooks was so versatile and tough. Loved his swagger, toughness, and ability.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 09:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: James Brooks in probably my favorite Bengals of all time.  Ickey was fun, but Brooks was so versatile and tough.  Loved his swagger, toughness, and ability.

Now that's a thread waiting to be made.  Who is your favorite Bengals player of all time?  Not the best Bengals player, but everyone's personal favorite.

I fully expect 100% of us to say Joe Burrow.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Brooks was obviously the better player, I just liked Ickey and the shuffle.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 06:26 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Loved em both but Brooks was awesome

Same. Don't make me choose, but in the end gotta go with James Brooks.

Loved the Icky Shuffle though.
Reply/Quote
The shuffle was fun but Brooks was just a badass for his size. Tough, good all-around player.
Reply/Quote