Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who did you mark out for?
I'll go with Rey Maualuga - only defensive players jersey I ever purchased.

Did not have the career I would of had expected coming out of college.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 05:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Think with him the lack of speed hurt but his biggest problems holding him back from his potential were the lack of conditioning and excess of drinking (the latter of which continued to be a problem for him after the NFL).

Yep maturity issues and not taking care of himself definitely hurt him. Probably could have been much better even without the natural speed if he would have been more disciplined.
Reply/Quote
No one said Sean Brewer?

Seriously mine probably was either Big Willie or Rudi.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 06:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: No one said Sean Brewer?

Seriously mine probably was either Big Willie or Rudi.

Two packs a day keeps the doctor away!

I recall being worked up over the Bengals cutting Ron Duggins and keeping that fumble prone kick/punt returning WR TjJ Hou-whatever-the-heck! I remember a couple of games lost due to his butter fingers.

Hopefully everything turn out alright for the kid...
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 02:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The trade for Taylor Mays.

6'3, 230lbs, ran a 4.43 (really a ~4.30) with a 41" vert and 10'5" broad? Just a freak.

Somewhere in the back of my head I still think he could have worked out if they had just immediately moved him full-time to LB, but the Bengals were still enamored with the extra heavy slower LBs over speed. I think he was just born about 6 years too early. Much like how Burfict was born about 10 years too late.

He actually played well for us in 2013 as a LB until he got hurt!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Paul Dawson for me. I thought the Bengals had the steal of the draft by getting him in the 3rd round.

Before that, I thought David Verser was going to be an all-pro receiver.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: "Big Daddy" Dan Wilkerson, nobody could close to blocking him in college. Not sure wtf happened to him when he went pro...

My 2 were Big Daddy & Ki-jana Carter. Big Daddy never became who we thought he would & Ki-jana pretty much derailed his career with 1 carry in the preseason. My 1st jersey purchase was Ki-jana's about a month before he blew out he knee. I had to special order it from Footlocker, they had'nt got any in yet.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 03:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Rey Maualuga for sure. He was a monster ant USC and I remember being excited when they got him in the 2nd round.
Guess the lack of speed did matter with him - he ended up being pretty good just not nearly as dominant as he was in college.

Loved the Rey pick... Was a bit bummed we missed Little Animal by 1 or 2 picks...   (wrestling callback)
Reply/Quote
I won't say I "marked out", but I had high hopes for Margus Hunt. He did not play to his potential.
Reply/Quote
Reinart Wilson and Peter Warrick.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 12:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Reinart Wilson and Peter Warrick.

Nice one as I got hyped about the Warrick pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice one as I got hyped about the Warrick pick.

Yes sir.... being a long time FSU fan, I was hyped about both of them. Wilson never really did anything. Warrick had a some moments, but poor QB play early, and injuries late I feel like contributed a little to his underwhelming career. 

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes sir.... being a long time FSU fan, I was hyped about both of them. Wilson never really did anything. Warrick had a some moments, but poor QB play early, and injuries late I feel like contributed a little to his underwhelming career. 

You pulling for Keon Coleman to the Bengals in round 2 this week?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You pulling for Keon Coleman to the Bengals in round 2 this week?

I certainly wouldn't mind it....or Johnny Wilson.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: I certainly wouldn't mind it....or Johnny Wilson.

Fiske as a combine star intrigued me as well. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You pulling for Keon Coleman to the Bengals in round 2 this week?

Not against Keon, he has a high bust potential to him, but you cannot deny his talent. Gamechanging talent.

(04-22-2024, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: I certainly wouldn't mind it....or Johnny Wilson.

Love Johnny Wilson, just needs to work on his hands as I heard he had a high drop rate last year. But with Wilson's size and speed 
he could be a special player.

(04-22-2024, 01:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fiske as a combine star intrigued me as well. 

Lot's of Noles I would love this year, not against drafting Jared Verse at 18 and would love to get Trey Benson the RB in the 3rd or 4th.
Reply/Quote
When T.O. was added in 2010.
I thought the offense was gonna be dynamite.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: "Big Daddy" Dan Wilkerson, nobody could close to blocking him in college. Not sure wtf happened to him when he went pro...

Wilkinson*

What happened to him? He played very well for us (and the other teams he played for) for over a decade and cemented himself as a meh 1st overall pick, but a great player nonetheless.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fiske as a combine star intrigued me as well. 

Yes, and was a force for the Noles inside. I would love to find a way to get him in the draft.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not against Keon, he has a high bust potential to him, but you cannot deny his talent. Gamechanging talent.

Love Johnny Wilson, just needs to work on his hands as I heard he had a high drop rate last year. But with Wilson's size and speed 
he could be a special player.

Lot's of Noles I would love this year, not against drafting Jared Verse at 18 and would love to get Trey Benson the RB in the 3rd or 4th.

Verse is a game changer....and Benson would be huge in one of those rounds. Fiske and Verse I feel could be substantial contributors in their rookie years. Benson would be a nice luxury. The two WRs are a little raw, but Coleman would instantly be a nice return man. 

Reply/Quote