Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who do we keep after 2016?
I know this has been a discussion before but I was wondering who do we keep after this season? and who is gone? heres the list per ESPN.

Unrestricted*

WR Green,- No way he is gone if we dont sign him there is a serious reason

WR Mohamed Sanu - This one is a little tricky, I think he will be here with a small one year deal

WR Marvin Jones- Given his production before I think we keep him we have no other viable options at WR

OT Andre Smith- With the drafting of 2 OT's in the first round I think Oghbuei(SP) will take his spot

OT Whitworth- I dont know about him after his tweet, I know it was kind of tongue in cheek but we could possibly sign him to a one or 2 year deal, maybe to mentor the rookies. I wouldnt be upset if he goes, but I am a big fan of BigWhit

DE Wallace Gilberry- Hes probably gone if will clarke and Margus hunt show up

DT Brandon Thompson- He will prbably re-sign

LB Vincent Rey- Probably gone

LB Chris Carter- Probably gone, with dawson here

CB Hall- gone with dennard and kirkpatrick here

CB Adam Jones- see above

S Nelson- Maybe a one or two year deal

S Iloka- He will probably re-sign

Just my opinions on what is going to happen, what do you guys think? What are the projected spots we draft in the first and second round next year? what are our biggest need? Gimme some insight! (didnt list the restricted because they are pretty much PS players)
Reply/Quote
I agree with most of the stuff you say...

Great post!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Why would Sanu sign a one year deal? Especially if it's a small one?

That comment made no sense.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 11:14 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Why would Sanu sign a one year deal? Especially if it's a small one?

That comment made no sense.

I dont know maybe because his production has been lack luster in the back half of the season, and his drops. Maybe they want to see more out of him before they sign him to a bigger deal.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 11:17 PM)TommyBoy Wrote: I dont know maybe because his production has been lack luster in the back half of the season, and his drops. Maybe they want to see more out of him before they sign him to a bigger deal.

He will sign it somewhere else ALA Jerome Simpson.

No way he comes back here on a prove it contract only to be buried behind Green and Jones.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
The team can pretty much keep anybody they want. They will have plenty of space under the cap.

The guys that I can see moving on:

Andre Smith. I think he will have a good season, but you don't draft 2 offensive tackles in round 1 and 2 and keep them sitting. I don't see the team letting Whit go anywhere, so I could see Andre leaving.

Marvin Jones. If he stays healthy and produces, there's no way the team will sign him AND AJ to big deals. They could certainly afford to do so, but I can't see it happening.

Pac-Man. I think he comes back if he wants to.

Hall. If he comes back, it better not be at $9 million a year.
Reply/Quote
WR Green,- keep

WR Mohamed Sanu - gone

WR Marvin Jones- keep

OT Andre Smith- gone

OT Whitworth- keep

DE Wallace Gilberry- gone

DT Brandon Thompson- keep

LB Vincent Rey- gone

LB Chris Carter- who?...yeah gone

CB Hall- keep at much smaller salary

CB Adam Jones- keep if cheap as 4th CB and returner

S Nelson- walk

S Iloka- keep

I basically think we let one at each position walk. We keep 2 of 3 WR's, AJ and one of the other two but it's hard to guess at this point without seeing Jones play again. May keep both CB's if they come at reasonable prices they will become 3rd and 4th on depth chart. I think we'll have a decent group of safety's with Williams, Smith, Illoka and a draft/FA. Can't keep everyone and it will be time to give some of our draft picks a chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 09:26 PM)TommyBoy Wrote: I know this has been a discussion before but I was wondering who do we keep after this season? and who is gone? heres the list per ESPN.

Unrestricted*

CB Adam Jones- see above

Just my opinions on what is going to happen, what do you guys think? What are the projected spots we draft in the first and second round next year? what are our biggest need? Gimme some insight! (didnt list the restricted because they are pretty much PS players)

My only question is if you lose Adam and Leon, we already lost Terrance. Who do we play in nickle packages? You have Dearquez and Dre but who's the next two guys you play? I like Lewis-Harris but he hasn't been able to break the practice square except late season due to injuries and Shaw? I don't see Shaw stepping in an contributing right away. Need some veteran talent there still for dime and backups.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 12:48 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The team can pretty much keep anybody they want.  They will have plenty of space under the cap.

The guys that I can see moving on:

Andre Smith.  I think he will have a good season, but you don't draft 2 offensive tackles in round 1 and 2 and keep them sitting.  I don't see the team letting Whit go anywhere, so I could see Andre leaving.

Marvin Jones.  If he stays healthy and produces, there's no way the team will sign him AND AJ to big deals.  They could certainly afford to do so, but I can't see it happening.

Pac-Man.  I think he comes back if he wants to.

Hall.  If he comes back, it better not be at $9 million a year.

That's good perspective, instead of being freaked they have so many FA's, they really have the luxury to sign who whey want because they don't have a lot of dead money.

Two situations that are interesting are NT and WR. Those are two positions they chose not to draft, yet brought in some depth (Sims and Moore) for this year. Thompson and Marvin look like the future, but maybe they (and Iloka) have such great years that they cash in on the market. Lets get past calling Cincy cheap, maybe someone just overpays out of need, they are "free" agents after all. If Jones produces, they'll try to has out a deal during the year. If he moves on as you say, hopefully Sanu shows he can separate once in a while, and use his YAC and blocking skills to be a quality #3 or fringe #2, they'd likely draft one high next year but they still could keep Moore for depth. Same goes at NT. Thompson could be the future over Peko, but maybe they end up with a Sims/high pick platoon next year. The fallbacks aren't that bad really.

They still hold all the chips with Whit and Andre. The scorn we heard in Whit's comments sounded more like lost leverage than actual lost trust, given that he welcomed competition days before. Reality is that some team that's sick of seeing their young QB sacked may give him 4 or 5 years of top 5 tackle money. I think Whit is Plan A for Cincy with a great shot at staying, but if he removes himself then they still don't have to overpay Andre either. He could hit the market again, stay at another reasonable short term deal or they throw the youngsters in there. Somehow, I'd like to see Fisher end up at LG (Boling to C with Bodine as awesome depth?). I think he'd be a dominant LG and a luxury insurance policy as a 3rd tackle. You're right that they have options, and thankfully they have few pressing needs.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 09:26 PM)TommyBoy Wrote: I know this has been a discussion before but I was wondering who do we keep after this season? and who is gone? heres the list per ESPN.

Unrestricted*

WR Mohamed Sanu - This one is a little tricky, I think he will be here with a small one year deal

WR Marvin Jones- Given his production before I think we keep him we have no other viable options at WR

OT Andre Smith- With the drafting of 2 OT's in the first round I think Oghbuei(SP) will take his spot

OT Whitworth- I dont know about him after his tweet, I know it was kind of tongue in cheek but we could possibly sign him to a one or 2 year deal, maybe to mentor the rookies. I wouldnt be upset if he goes, but I am a big fan of BigWhit

CB Adam Jones- see above

My best guess:
Green
Sanu
Whit
Paceman
Thompson
Iloka
Reply/Quote

Unrestricted*

CB Adam Jones- see above

I see Sanu gone. He's pretty replaceable IMO. He's the one guy I would love to see an aging VET spot play at. And no way do they let BigWhit walk. He made a mistake and apologized for it. No big deal. And would like to see someone else play along side Iloka. Maybe Shawn Williams?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I think the answer to this question hinges completely on this season. How Jackson runs the offense will also have a huge impact. If Jeremy Hill becomes a beast similar to like Marshawn Lynch it could change the team make up. If Dennard and Kirkpatrick play well this season, it could spell the end for Jones and Hall. They drafted 2 tackles for a reason and I would say Smith and Whit need to have really solid years and I'm not sure they would sign both. I was in the camp on the other board that you could trade Green and get a pretty good haul. As Jackson likes to run the ball and throw deep. While AJ is a great receiver there are too many teams that are not paying receivers, but beefing up in other areas and being successful. We will resign AJ, but what will it cost us in the future?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 03:23 AM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: My only question is if you lose Adam and Leon, we already lost Terrance. Who do we play in nickle packages? You have Dearquez and Dre but who's the next two guys you play? I like Lewis-Harris but he hasn't been able to break the practice square except late season due to injuries and Shaw? I don't see Shaw stepping in an contributing right away. Need some veteran talent there still for dime and backups.

^ This

Hopefully Hall wants to retire a Bengal and resigns at a team friendly price. Adam Jones really does fill a role.

Reply/Quote
WR Green,- Our franchise is tied to this guys hip, there is no way we let him walk. If we did, we would let all of the momentum and half of our fan base go with him.

WR Mohamed Sanu - I think Sanu really likes being in Cinci, and will take a smaller deal to stay. He does have tiger stripe tattoos after all. I hope we can keep him, as he is good when he doesn't have to be the number 1 or 2 guy. It will be interesting to see how well he does this upcoming year after working a year as the premier receiver. He may be sooo much better than two years ago!

WR Marvin Jones- We will sign him as well. I think we like our WR core as it is. Needs to work on drops, but is a top end number 2

OT Andre Smith- Personally, I want to keep Andre. I think he is a great run blocker, and has matured into an allpro tackle, I would sign him up.

OT Whitworth- Mike Brown already told him that this was his last year as a Bengal (or so Whit said on twitter). This leads me to believe we let him walk, and resign Andre. We keep Andre as our all pro RT, and groom the new boys to be our LT.

DE Wallace Gilberry- He will be gone after this year. Is a journeyman player, and did his part here killing Manziel.

DT Brandon Thompson- I think he will also be gone. Depends a lot on this upcoming year, but I feel DT is something we will target high in next years draft

LB Vincent Rey- He has been a great backup, but backup players shouldn't always be resigned and I believe that is true with Rey. Let him go work for a spot on a worse team.

LB Chris Carter- Who? GONE haha

CB Hall- It is time. He isn't the old Hall anymore, time to move on.

CB Adam Jones- Jones can stay on a small deal, but will he take it? I think a lot of that depends on if we win a playoff game or not and how much of the return duties he is allowed to take part in. I could see him retiring if we lose again and he isn't allowed to return punts and kickoffs often.

S Nelson- Resign Nelson. I think he is very valuable, and replacing him would be silly. He is still fairly young I believe, and safeties can play for a while if they have good instincts which Reggie does.

S Iloka- Resign Iloka, he is a damn good young safety.

I feel like there are others that aren't on your list, but maybe I am mistaken.
Reply/Quote
Not the current head coach.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Unrestricted*

CB Adam Jones- see above

Who ever performs worthy of a contract. I would not be opposed to cutting anyone that doesnt play like an NFL caliber player.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
WR Green,- Will be an obvious priority and rightfully so.

WR Mohamed Sanu - I'd bet either MLJ or Sanu will be gone, my guess is that Sanu will be out.

WR Marvin Jones- A lot depends on the year MLJ has. If he puts up average numbers (say 700 yards, 6 TD's) I think he'll be easy to retain.

OT Andre Smith- 60/40 chance he's gone, imo. If he wants to stay, there's a few scenarios where the Bengals may decide to keep him.

OT Whitworth- 80/20 chance he's gone, imo. With the things that have been said, combined with his age and the Bengals drafting 2 tackles, I think Whit is gone.

DE Wallace Gilberry- Depends on how he plays this year, but I'd bet he's gone next year

DT Brandon Thompson- Meh. I'd put this at 50/50. Depends on how Hardison looks and if they draft another DT next year.

LB Vincent Rey- Gone unless he steps his game up this year.

LB Chris Carter- The HOF Vikings WR? No? Honestly I don't know anything about this guy. Roster fodder.

CB Hall- Keep at a much...much lower salary.

CB Adam Jones- Keep at an average salary.

S Nelson- It'll be time to walk after this year. He's too long in the tooth.

S Iloka- Keep as long as he's affordable.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I can definitely see Hall signing with Zimmer in Minnesota. I think Marvin Jones will get a big contract, I'm just worried it won't be in Cincinnati.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Green will be here, and I'd be surprised if either Jones or Sanu doesn't re-sign. If they don't though, it's no big deal...they are super replaceable.

I'm actually for re-signing BOTH of the OTs even with drafting a couple of potential replacements....I really like this line and want to keep it together.

Gilberry and Thompson are safe as long as someone doesn't take their jobs....and I don't see that happening with anyone.

Leon is gone if he wants to make anything close to what he is currently making. Pacman is old as well and if these young corners make it I could see him and Hall both gone after these contracts.

Nelson will be getting 1-2 year deals from here on out. I'm cool with re-signing him, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we didn't. Iloka, on the other hand, is gonna be a stud. I think they should sign him now before he becomes too expensive this year.

Vincent Rey is replaceable, and I've never even heard of that other LB, so I guess I don't care there.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think AJ Green will try free agency and is gone. Can you image what he'd do with a decent QB like Rodgers or Luck?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote