Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do we lose to first? (If anyone)
(08-21-2015, 03:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why do you think that?

The media seems ready to give them the trophy before the season even starts.

Their defense won't be as good as they were last year, because they lost their DC and best defensive player. They still have a weak offensive line, and their running game isn't that great. Fitzgerald is losing a step, and Palmer is coming off an injury. They also have a very tough schedule (NFCN and AFCN). I'll say they will win about 9 games maybe less. FWIW they will start off the season doing well, because the first few games are easy, but after the first few it get's really tough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 03:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Their defense won't be as good as they were last year, because they lost their DC and best defensive player. They still have a weak offensive line, and their running game isn't that great. Fitzgerald is losing a step, and Palmer is coming off an injury. They also have a very tough schedule (NFCN and AFCN). I'll say they will win about 9 games give or take 1.

Agree and I think Ellington is overrated as hell and might bust, especially with Palmer not keeping defenses out of the box.
Reply/Quote
Hate to guess as playing in Baltimore is a pain!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:15 PM)Shady Wrote: First round of the playoffs. Won't matter who.

This is a sick thought.  Can you imagine going 16-0 and losing in Rd 1 (I guess that would have to be round 2) at home in the playoffs?  I think the city would implode. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we get through the first part of the schedule unscathed, but I think the Chiefs could give us problems just because of Jamaal Charles, and then the Seahawks will be tough, but I think we handle them.  

If we get through those 2, I think we lose in Pittsburgh because their offense will be too good with guys like Bell, Bryant, Brown, Wheaton, etc., and I think our defense could be distracted by their fans waving those faggy towels.

This is the year that we kill the history, along with many other recent or all-time histories of this team.

I think Oakland will be pretty bad, but I could see Murray and Cooper giving problems for our defense.

I'm actually really excited to see what our defense can do to Amari Cooper.  Andy hasn't known these long-term "jinxes".  He's won at Seatte and he's 2-0 against Buffalo (I think).  I'm pretty sure this will just be another old stat that dies. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 03:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Their defense won't be as good as they were last year, because they lost their DC and best defensive player. They still have a weak offensive line, and their running game isn't that great. Fitzgerald is losing a step, and Palmer is coming off an injury. They also have a very tough schedule (NFCN and AFCN). I'll say they will win about 9 games maybe less. FWIW they will start off the season doing well, because the first few games are easy, but after the first few it get's really tough.

Good points.  I love when a media darling draws the AFC North and gets the ever-loving crap beat out of them.  FWIW, I would be rooting for them against putzburg and baltiwhore because that would help the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
My guess would be @ the Ravens but it would be a close one and we could definately pull it out.

If we are healthy this schedule looks very favorable for us the first half of the season. Could go 7-1
but that would have to be with our team healthy, Geno back and Dalton muchly improved.

Looking at that early schedule we have some tough teams but they will be in our place. Chiefs and
the Seahawks will be good but like i said they will be in the Jungle. At the Steelers should be a tough
one but we seem to play them better at Heinz field.
Reply/Quote
Logic tells me it's @ Baltimore. I don't care how good the Bengals are this year, it seems that winning in Baltimore is pretty damn tough. I'm not saying it can't be done (since we did it last year), but if you told me I had to put $5000 on it in Vegas, I would put it on the Baltimore game.
Reply/Quote
I say Chiefs. I'ts kind of unexpected. How the Bengals like to do it.
Reply/Quote
Either @Ravens or @Stealers.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Either @Ravens or @Stealers.

I sure hope we can beat the Steelers at PBS this season. So sick of them owning us here !
Reply/Quote
Don't know if the Cards will be a great team this year, but it is tough for any team to travel that far for a road game coming off a Monday night game like the Bengals will have to do.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:34 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Arizona is going to be a lot worse than what people think they're going to be.

They went 11-5 last year without Carson Palmer who has been playing top 10 QB football since the midpoint of 2013.  They added o-line talent and some RB depth AND no matter how injured Palmer as long as he is on the field has to be better than Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley for 10.5 games, right?

I'm not saying they'll go 12-4 or anything, but they, like the Bengals, are facing rough schedules but took something good last season and plugged some obvious holes and have some very key players coming back from injury.  I just don't see how you can be so confident they'll be a lot worse than a team with massive injuries and no starting QB for most of the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 11:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They went 11-5 last year without Carson Palmer who has been playing top 10 QB football since the midpoint of 2013.  They added o-line talent and some RB depth AND no matter how injured Palmer as long as he is on the field has to be better than Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley for 10.5 games, right?

I'm not saying they'll go 12-4 or anything, but they, like the Bengals, are facing rough schedules but took something good last season and plugged some obvious holes and have some very key players coming back from injury.  I just don't see how you can be so confident they'll be a lot worse than a team with massive injuries and no starting QB for most of the season.

I still very much doubt they will win more than 9 games. We will see what happens after their first few easy games of the season.
Reply/Quote
Chargers game. I think we lose @ Ravens too.

I think 9-7 is about the best this team can do with this schedule. 10-6 would really surprise me.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 06:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: Oakland.

The Bengals are 0-10 in Oakland.

This. Raiders are 14-1 against us at home. I see an reality check game here, enough to quell those early super bowl visions.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:15 PM)Shady Wrote: First round of the playoffs. Won't matter who.

[Image: picture-41.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 06:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: Oakland.

The Bengals are 0-10 in Oakland.

Yeah, this one was my first thought as well. The Raiders were so bad last year that I can see this team overlooking them, even though it's the first game of the year.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 11:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They went 11-5 last year without Carson Palmer who has been playing top 10 QB football since the midpoint of 2013.  They added o-line talent and some RB depth AND no matter how injured Palmer as long as he is on the field has to be better than Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley for 10.5 games, right?

Is CP really a given?  Sooner or later, the accumulation of wounds can bring down the warrior.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 12:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, this one was my first thought as well. The Raiders were so bad last year that I can see this team overlooking them, even though it's the first game of the year.

If it was any game besides the opener i would definately be worried about Oakland.

But it being the first game of the year i highly doubt we will not be ready for them.

We are by far the superior team and we should be able to beat them on a poor day of play.
Reply/Quote