Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you pull for now that Cincy is all but sunk?
(12-01-2016, 03:24 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing Oakland, Minnesota or KC go all the way.

Oakland has been a really fun team to watch. Gotta give credit to Del Rio I never would've thought he would succeed in Oakland after his stint in Jacksonville.

KC is the most invisible contender in the league a true under dog. It'd be nice to see a defensive team make it happen.

Same goes for Minnesota. I tend to gravitate to the defensive teams. Of course there is Zimmer the guy I wish was our head coach.

[Image: atkinson-2a-o.gif]

[Image: atkinson-hit-o.gif]

[Image: atkinson-206-208-o.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm pulling for the Dolphins to finally get in the playoffs and win something. Bengals are my first team, but I've liked the Dolphins. Can't stand the Steelers or Cowboys. Jerry Jones looks like a zombie.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
No One. Wildcats Only. i simply move on to my next hometown team, and thank god it's a team that knows wtf it's doing. it will at least carry me into another disappointing reds season, that sucks, but at least i have that. i also have the ability to hope for the reds at least b/c their ownership isn't as bad as the orange and black. i blame my dad.
Reply/Quote
Seahawks if I had to choose a second team because of Russell Wilson and I lived in Washington for 3 years when I was in army. Their fans are pretty cool and aren't soft *******. They'll stand up for that team no matter what. We do too but its a different animal when your standing up for a team that's actually historically good rather than a team like the Bengals who have literally sucked for its entire existence
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 11:06 PM)Housh Wrote: Seahawks if I had to choose a second team because of Russell Wilson and I lived in Washington for 3 years when I was in army. Their fans are pretty cool and aren't soft *******. They'll stand up for that team no matter what. We do too but its a different animal when your standing up for a team that's actually historically good rather than a team like the Bengals who have literally sucked for its entire existence

They haven't sucked for their entire existence. We had some damn good teams in the 80's. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 11:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We had some damn good teams in the 80's. 

That's an understatement  The Super Bowl teams were unbelievable. Cool
Reply/Quote
Saints. Love watching Drew Brees throw. Dude is a monster. Their defense sucks. Also like the Cowboys and Colts.

Reply/Quote
I wont root for anyone in the afc, maybe with the exception of the raiders, they have been fun to watch, although i havent been "rooting for them" and I prefer them not to win the sb.

Ive honestly been catching myself rooting for the cowboys a little. Not really getting emotionally involved like the bengals, but i wouldnt mind them winning it all. I really like zeke and that dak kid is very good. But i dont think they can win it all with a rookie qb. When you get to the playoffs these coaches are smart, and will eventually find a gameplan to frustrate him.

Teams i wouldnt mind them winning the superbowl: Lions, Cowboys, Ny Giants, maybe Vikings or Falcons
Reply/Quote
Nobody..once my team is out of it the season ceases to exist in my mind.  I only rooted for the Cubs in the WS this past baseball season because of a good friend in Illinois and if not for him I wouldn't have cared a single gnat's turd.
I'll still follow the Bengals and barring some totally unthinkable miracle where they get to the playoffs the rest of the league could all catch a train to Antarctica for the rest of the season and it wouldn't make a bit of difference one way or another to me. Of course it would be really interesting to read about the new train line from the southern most tip of South America built in record time, but I don't really expect that to happen anymore than i expect the Bengals to be in the playoffs. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 03:24 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing Oakland, Minnesota or KC go all the way.

Oakland has been a really fun team to watch. Gotta give credit to Del Rio I never would've thought he would succeed in Oakland after his stint in Jacksonville.

KC is the most invisible contender in the league a true under dog. It'd be nice to see a defensive team make it happen.

Same goes for Minnesota. I tend to gravitate to the defensive teams. Of course there is Zimmer the guy I wish was our head coach.

I have not watched much other football this year, which explains my depression deepening. What I have seen though, the Cowboys, a former perennial contender, are fun to watch this year and I would like seeing a rookie QB win it all. Agree Oakland, Minnesota, or KC would be fun to see go. I think KC might have the best shot. Really hope Pats don't represent AFC, enough already. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 03:55 AM)WildCat Wrote: No One. Wildcats Only. i simply move on to my next hometown team, and thank god it's a team that knows wtf it's doing. it will at least carry me into another disappointing reds season, that sucks, but at least i have that. i also have the ability to hope for the reds at least b/c their ownership isn't as bad as the orange and black. i blame my dad.

Screw that, blame Obama!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 11:06 PM)Housh Wrote: Seahawks if I had to choose a second team because of Russell Wilson and I lived in Washington for 3 years when I was in army. Their fans are pretty cool and aren't soft *******. They'll stand up for that team no matter what. We do too but its a different animal when your standing up for a team that's actually historically good rather than a team like the Bengals who have literally sucked for its entire existence

Be sure to vote in the Board vs Suck poll! The thread is called Search for Tomorrow. 
Reply/Quote
The vikings but they probably don't have the O Line to pull it off and their defense has regressed the last few games. The Cowboys look so good right now. I think it may be a Denver/Dallas Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
I don't really "root" hard for them, but I wish the Lions well, and I kinda have to pay attention to their season.

1. Their playoff winless streak started in 1991. The poor bastards are only 1 year behind us, so no one can relate to Bengals fans more than a Lions fan. With the Chiefs winning one recently, no other team is even within 10 years of Cincy and Detroit.

2. Beyond the playoff streak, they just seem like the Bengals in a lot of ways. Stafford has never won a playoff game and half of Detroit wanted to trade the guy last year (idiots), but like Dalton, the guy is a good QB who gets too much blame for the lack of more success. They signed Marvin Jones and Gilberry during the off-season. Jim Caldwell's demeanor has always reminded me of Marvin Lewis. Matt Millen was comparable to Mike Brown as far as running a team goes. Suh was like a combination of Atkins and Burfict.

3. I always cheer for the little guys. Teams who have never won a championship. Cities that are starving for success.

4. The Wife is a Lions fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Oakland - can't root for the Curse of Bo, not to mention that since that time only one of those franchises are worth a damn in a given year, so down with Oakland means up with Cincy.

Minny - I'd be happy for Zimmer, but it is a sinking ship (and having a long time NFL guy at coordinator bail out because he can't get along with the HC doesn't spell good things for the rest of the way).

KC - it would be nice to see that HC and QB get rewarded for once instead of being criticized.  I could probably be OK with them doing something good.  It would also remind some of our fanbase that the HC and QB don't have to be HOFers to have a winning recipe.
Reply/Quote

You don't know much about the Seahawk's history apparently.  Here is a thought for you, despite the Bengals terrible decade of the 90s, the Bengals had more winning seasons than the Seahawks from 1976 (Seattle's inception) to 2000.
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs because I went to high school there and they're my second-favorite AFC team. The Buccanneers are my favorite NFC from all the years I lived in FL and saw them go from double-digit creamsicle losers to Super Bowl champions while I was living north of Orlando. Oddly, the first pro game I ever saw was in Foxboro with the Dolphins against the Patriots in December and I live in S Fl now (but maybe not for much longer).
Reply/Quote
As a shareholder, I have to pull for the Packers, but they're struggling, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote