Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think and want to be returning punts and kicks.
Title Asks the question.

Seems to be many in the mix

Chris Evans
Brandon wilson
Trenton Irwin
Trent Taylor
One of the udfa

So who do you think will win the competitions and also who would you want to return

Me:

Kick returner: Chris Evans and I would pick Him or pooka
Punts

Punts: Trent Taylor and happy with that initially.

I also think that we will lose Cal adomitis from the practice squad and he will be great for somebody for many years. We are in win now mode so has to be Clark but think the kid will be the highest profile snapper in the league.
Reply/Quote
Right now I will go with Lassiter the UDFA. He seems to be getting a lot of work in and impressing, Lassiter has been
catching passes from Burrow as well. Went with a long shot UDFA to be our Returner. He just has to have sure hands
which is the main thing. If he muffs anything I like Trent Tayor who has sure hands.

Brandon Wilson should still be the Kick Returner though, pretty sure this will be the case. Lassiter the Punt Returner.
Reply/Quote
Kickoffs: B. Wilson #1 with Evans #2.
Punts: Taylor #1, ??? #2.

If Pooka or Lassiter really impress and make the team, and can do punts and KOs, I might consider letting Wilson go. We are loaded at safety if Bates is back.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 07:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Kickoffs: B. Wilson #1 with Evans #2.
Punts: Taylor #1, ??? #2.

If Pooka or Lassiter really impress and make the team, and can do punts and KOs, I might consider letting Wilson go. We are loaded at safety if Bates is back.

My thoughts as stands right now. It would be a good thing for legitimate competition to evolve though.
Reply/Quote
I was happy with Evans and Taylor. Wilson seemed to have a multi-game brain fart.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd like Brandon Wilson or Chris Evans to handle KRs.
Probably Evans since I doubt the Bengals will keep a 5th safety.

As for PR, I think Taylor is solid, but he underperformed last year.
His career YPR is 9.3, but he only had 7.4 YPR with CIN last year.
With that said, I'd like for the Bengals to swap out Taylor for DeDe Westbrook.
Westbrook has plenty of PR experience and has the same YPR (9.3) as Taylor's career average.
However, Westbrook would be a bigger contributor on offense, IMO.
Westbrook also has KR experience from college, but he's only done seven of them in the NFL. If he showed he was good enough, I'd be down for him doing both roles.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd like Brandon Wilson or Chris Evans to handle KRs.
Probably Evans since I doubt the Bengals will keep a 5th safety.

As for PR, I think Taylor is solid, but he underperformed last year.
His career YPR is 9.3, but he only had 7.4 YPR with CIN last year.
With that said, I'd like for the Bengals to swap out Taylor for DeDe Westbrook.
Westbrook has plenty of PR experience and has the same YPR (9.3) as Taylor's career average.
However, Westbrook would be a bigger contributor on offense, IMO.
Westbrook also has KR experience from college, but he's only done seven of them in the NFL. If he showed he was good enough, I'd be down for him doing both roles.

Also like Ocho's thoughts here with DeDe Westbrook.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also like Ocho's thoughts here with DeDe Westbrook.

Me too, sounds like he would be decent addition as WR#4/return man type.
Reply/Quote
Sign Adam Humphries. He is not a great receiver or PR man but he is good enough for depth at both positions. 320 career receptions. 63 Punt returns.
Reply/Quote