Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think the next HC will be, not who do you want it to be...
(12-07-2017, 01:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dorsey isn’t taking a job he can’t choose the coach.  That Browns job is toxic on so many levels.   They honestly need someone like Gettlemen but he will most likely be back with the Giants.

Now I wonder if Haslam would then Fire Hue to secure someone like Dorsey.

Marvin Lewis, Cleveland Browns GM 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:00 PM)Utts Wrote: I'd be interested to see who people thing the next head coach will be, not who they want it to be. I guess it's possible it's the same person, but I'm guessing in most cases it's not.

Who do I think it will be?
Fat Paulie. He's been here since 2005, which means the Brown family has effectively adopted him. They will boast about continuity, and it makes it real easy for them to retain the rest of the staff. I think it's a slam dunk.

Okay, who do I wish it would be?
This is hard, because I'm inclined to overlook people that in my opinion, would never come here. However, I'll throw reason out the window, and just put down my favorite - regardless of likelihood. Matt Patricia. The guy has an engineering degree, and has worked under the greatest HC of all-time, since like 2005. So he's super smart, is intimately familiar with the blueprint for success in NE, and doesn't look like he'll take shit from anybody. The sexy pick is McDaniels, but Beaker could probably produce as their OC, with Tom Brady at QB.

Yeah the most likely is definately Paulie G in my eyes especially if MB doesn't turn the team over to Katie...

Who do i wish it would be?

Russ Grimm, dude would solidify the O-line and we could get back to being more of a mauling, physical Offense.

Let him pick his own staff, think this would only happen if MB hands over the team to Katie though. Lots of other
guys i like, Lafleur, Nagy, McDaniels, Peterson, Patricia, Jon Gruden of course and even Jay.

Just don't like the Doo or the Hue.
Reply/Quote
While I don't think MB will go with one of the young gun phenoms (like L.A. did...to their benefit), I think he will definitely go outside the organization. I'm thinking a successful coordinator that has been around a long while, maybe even previous HC experience. Someone like Dennis Allen, DC Saints would be in that conversation.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: It won't be Hue as he won the power struggle and will not be fired. Also the Browns are about to make a significant and great move imho by hiring the former Chiefs GM.

I remember John Mara saying that McAdoo was safe till the end of the year. 

Say what you want about Mike Brown and loyalty, keeping a coach on after potentially going 1-31 over the first two seasons is about as nuts as anything Mike Brown has done.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:56 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I remember John Mara saying that McAdoo was safe till the end of the year. 

Say what you want about Mike Brown and loyalty, keeping a coach on after potentially going 1-31 over the first two seasons is about as nuts as anything Mike Brown has done.

Dare i say MORE nutz?

That is a crazy losing stat right there. No way Hue is our HC after that.

That would be the craziest thing MB could do.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how this will go down,but how about Steve Logan  who coached East Carolina ? He was voted "All time head coach" at ECU.He has a 69-58 record at ECU . Was coach there and was detrimental in developing "Blake",He is/was QB coach at San Francisco 49ers. He also helped Boston College QB Matt Ryan develop .
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:11 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Not sure how this will go down,but how about Steve Logan  who coached East Carolina ? He was voted "All time head coach" at ECU.He has a 69-58 record at ECU . Was coach there and was detrimental in developing "Blake",He is/was QB coach at San Francisco 49ers. He also helped Boston College QB Matt Ryan develop .

I like the thought of bringing in a successful college coach as well. So many options.

Lots of the college coaches just move around college though or are not successful in the move from college.

Saban for example. Was liking that Frost guy from UCF before he signed with Nebraska.
Reply/Quote
My prediction is, IF Lewis DOESN'T retire, he will the HC in 2018.

Again, ANY HC prospect would be a fool, not to get something in writing from MB that he, (the HC candidate) gets to run things HIS way, and gets to bring in HIS people.

Outside of that pipe dream, I don't see good prospects signing on without that assurance, and don't believe for one second that MB would give it anyway!!
Reply/Quote
Joesph from the Broncos if he gets fired also David Shaw from Stanford. Wouldn't be surprised with John Gruden either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:48 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Knowing our luck and the way things are going..... Marv.

This. Right. Here. If it happens, I'm done. I won't be very happy with Guenther either....but at least Merv is gone. If they bring back Elton John to coach the line with anyone....I'm done.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fwiw, I also don't get the Patricia love, either. The Pats have been terrible defensively this year. And why would we want another defensive coach? 

These guys aren't Bill. They just benefit from being around Bill.

No way these guys hold those jobs this long, unless they are good at what the do. Belichick is not going to accept anything less than excellence. I'm not saying they ARE Belicheck, just saying they have great credentials as HC candidates.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 07:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Joesph from the Broncos if he gets fired also David Shaw from Stanford. Wouldn't be surprised with John Gruden either.

I don't know anything about Joseph, but I have a bad feeling about that guy. I sure hope he doesn't wind up here.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I think who ever they announce is the first interview coming to town gets it lol if we don't hear nothing then it'll be in house,gunther or lazor.
Reply/Quote
It won't be Marv and it won't be Hue....The smart money is on Paulie G, but I could also see a scenario where they completely clean house and try to bring in a name like Gruden, or my dream, Jim Harbaugh. Think his crazy ass would put up with the officiating?

There could also be a search for the next hot young coordinator, like Vrabel, but the team needs offensive leadership. I could see where Lazor gets the OC position, and Paulie is offered to stay as DC, but Vrabel gets the HC position. It would allow for some continuity and still have the opportunity for some young, disciplined energy.
Reply/Quote
Idk why so many of you are convinced it’ll be big Paulie...

I would hope even Mike Brown is smart enough to realize that choice would not appease the fans after 2 dreadful seasons in a row. Yes, there’s revenue sharing, but he still doesn’t want to see a half empty PBS. I fully expect for them to go after a big name coach, or hot OC/DC prospect.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dorsey isn’t taking a job he can’t choose the coach.  That Browns job is toxic on so many levels.   They honestly need someone like Gettlemen but he will most likely be back with the Giants.

Now I wonder if Haslam would then Fire Hue to secure someone like Dorsey.

They got Dorsey and it's the best move the Browns have made in a decade. I think this move will bring them out the gutter. I have to applaud the move. They are headed in the right direction.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It won't be Marv and it won't be Hue....The smart money is on Paulie G, but I could also see a scenario where they completely clean house and try to bring in a name like Gruden, or my dream, Jim Harbaugh.  Think his crazy ass would put up with the officiating?

There could also be a search for the next hot young coordinator, like Vrabel, but the team needs offensive leadership.  I could see where Lazor gets the OC position, and Paulie is offered to stay as DC, but Vrabel gets the HC position.  It would allow for some continuity and still have the opportunity for some young, disciplined energy.

It'd be an interesting storyline if Jim came here to coach.  Playing against his brother twice a year....
Reply/Quote
I'd love to have Harbaugh here. I for one find his sideline antics incredibly amusing. Plus, the "brother vs brother" narrative twice a year could turn into a cool little rivalry.

Still, I don't think Brown would ever pursue him and I doubt Harbaugh would want to leave Michigan. I'm sticking with Guenther as my prediction.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It won't be Marv and it won't be Hue....The smart money is on Paulie G, but I could also see a scenario where they completely clean house and try to bring in a name like Gruden, or my dream, Jim Harbaugh.  Think his crazy ass would put up with the officiating?

There could also be a search for the next hot young coordinator, like Vrabel, but the team needs offensive leadership.  I could see where Lazor gets the OC position, and Paulie is offered to stay as DC, but Vrabel gets the HC position.  It would allow for some continuity and still have the opportunity for some young, disciplined energy.

You think Jim would come here? Thought he was getting paid big money at Michigan?

Also don't like his record against their arch rival so far man, still hasn't beat OSU with Jim.

Also Jim's Offense has been pretty terrible there. Wouldn't dislike it if Jim Harbaugh came here but i think our Offense
still might not take that step that it needs. But with a better O-line who knows, atleast Jim works from the trenches out.

(12-08-2017, 11:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk why so many of you are convinced it’ll be big Paulie...

I would hope even Mike Brown is smart enough to realize that choice would not appease the fans after 2 dreadful seasons in a row. Yes, there’s revenue sharing, but he still doesn’t want to see a half empty PBS. I fully expect for them to go after a big name coach, or hot OC/DC prospect.

Hope you are right, just seems like a move MB would make from what we have seen in the past.

If he lets Katie run the show i could definately see what you and i speak of happening.

I don't think she is her dad.
Reply/Quote
The scary thing is,there's lots of bad coaches available this year lol rex Ryan, Ben macadoo, Jeff Fisher, the Colts coach ,Vance Joseph will be , I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.
Reply/Quote