Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think the next HC will be, not who do you want it to be...
(12-12-2017, 02:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pleeeeeeease let this happen. He's familar with the team, the key players, Mike Brown, and he's the offensive mind we need. 

Plus he's been a HC...a decent one at that, while dealing with a meddling owner.

He'd be the only current or former Bengals coach I'd be interested in, outside of Zimmer, but of course Zimmer is staying put.

While I would much rather get someone who has never been a part of the organization before, I guess Jay could be a decent option...if he is willing to revamp the staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When trying to figure out who the Bengals might be interested in if Marvin doesn't return, and keeping it fairly realistic, I could see any of these guys getting interviews:

(It seems like Hue is staying in Cleveland, but even if that changes and he's let fo, I still don't think he'll be in consideration here, despite the conjecture otherwise.)

Paul Guenther
Bill Lazor
Pat Shurmur
Frank Reich
Todd Haley
Pete Carmichael
Matt LeFleur
Jay Gruden (if fired)
Vance Joseph (if fired)

Just curious, out of this list, who would be your pick?

Out of those guys i would probably take Haley, but i also like Lafleur, Jay, Shurmur, Reich and some that you didn't
mention in Grimm, Nagy, McDaniels, Bill O'Brien, Patricia, Mike Vrabel...

Lots of good names out there that would be much better than Marv.

(12-12-2017, 02:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pleeeeeeease let this happen. He's familar with the team, the key players, Mike Brown, and he's the offensive mind we need. 

Plus he's been a HC...a decent one at that, while dealing with a meddling owner.

He'd be the only current or former Bengals coach I'd be interested in, outside of Zimmer, but of course Zimmer is staying put.

I think some of us are still mad about how he went away from the run game in that playoff loss.

But still, would be all for Jay as our next HC.

All i know is that our 2nd half Offense wouldn't be near as bad as it has been under our current handcuffer.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think some of us are still mad about how he went away from the run game in that playoff loss.

Wasn't it also Jay's idea to use AJ Green as a decoy throughout the first half of one of the Texans' games?

I really don't get why people want former Bengal coordinators as replacements for Merv? Especially ones that went elsewhere as a HC and either failed outright or just didn't do much.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: mikey_coach_search.jpg]
Reply/Quote