Poll: WHo do you want #2
Current Bengal
Matt Moore
Joe Flacco
Blake Bortles
Josh McCown
Other (splain yoself)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want as Back up QB
(05-02-2020, 04:22 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Chad Henne might not be bad

What's Chad Pennington up to these days?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don’t think they feel pressured to sign anyone (doesn’t mean they won’t).
With the current QB market, I’m sure a ‘quality’ back up could be signed if an injury required it.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reports are Winston turned down more elsewhere, but I can't imagine it was too much more. I'd say he's banking on Brees getting hurt at 41 and taking over

This.

Bridgewater is just an average QB, but playing with a bunch of All-Pros and a brilliant offensive coach made him look good enough to get a $63 million contract with Carolina.
Reply/Quote
JT Barrett... Open competition for the starting job. Let's settle the old debate once and for all. Maybe bring in Cardale Jones for shits and giggles too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 08:50 AM)jason Wrote: What's Chad Pennington up to these days?

He is probably younger than McCown, and please don't put him in the same class as Henne.

Pennington is the third most accurate QB in NFL history (66.0% career).  He led the league in passing in '02 and in '08 her finished second to Peyton Manning in MVP voting.  He made the playoffs every year he started at least 12 games.

As to what he is doing right now?  Probably somewhere getting injured.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 03:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  
The rest just aren't in Joe's league. 

Actually Joe has never played in their league.

The difference between facing a college defense and an NFL defense is night and day.

I think Burrow is a great prospect, but claiming he has nothing to learn before playing in the NFL is a joke.  Peyton Manning led the league in interceptions as a rookie.  Andrew Luck finished third with 18.

Most of that should be taught by the coaches, but it always helps to have a vet QB around also.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if Cam Newton has signed elsewhere. I would consider him. We would have a decent QB if Burrow goes down or needs to be replaced for a short term.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I've actually changed my vote to Dak Prescot. The Cowboys will most likely cut him after Andy beats him out for the starting gig.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote