0%
0 0%
Darren Simmons
0%
0 0%
Vance Joseph
0%
0 0%
That awful coach who won 3 games in 3 years with cleveland.
0%
0 0%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want as our next HC?
I know a lot of us are high on Bieniemy. This is only his first year as a coordinator and I don’t think he even calls the plays. That’s Andy Reid. He might be a great head coach, and I wouldn’t mind him as our next HC, but I’m not sure he’s ready.
Reply/Quote
I didn't vote, but I wouldn't mind Lazor as HC and Hue as OC... but other than that.. Hue needs to go.. as for DC... I would love ML... just saying.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 12:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I didn’t vote because I really don’t think our next coach is listed.

Does anyone else think we are waiting till after the national championship game to do another interview?  Dabo Swinney is really high on my list.  And in other threads I’ve read a lot of people make good reasons why he or any other college coaches wouldn’t succeed here or in the nfl, but he seems to have the tangibles, personality, acumen to succeed in the NFL if he wanted to make the jump.  He’s not the arrogant prick Chip Kelly is.  Look how Kelly is doing at UCLA, leads me to believe he was nothing but a flash in the pan.  Dabo has built a complete program there in Clemson. Offense, defense, STs.  If a different situation than Kelly had at Oregon.

I think Dabo is a good coach. Maybe not as much swagger as a Pete Carroll but think he has a similar personality and draw to people. Dabo took a mostly dead Clemson program who hadn't won an ACC title in almost 20 years and turned them into a powerhouse. 

That said, I don't see him coming to the Bengals. Would certainly be a spark for the fanbase though, in my opinion
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I thought I read where he's stated he's only interested in the Browns and Jets ?

Talk is he can pick his spot. They were discussing him on Sirius Friday and mused that he only wants to go to a team with an established QB. i'd say we have the most established QB of the teams with openings. But it'd probably require Mikey letting him be HC/GM
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 01:11 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I know a lot of us are high on Bieniemy. This is only his first year as a coordinator and I don’t think he even calls the plays. That’s Andy Reid. He might be a great head coach, and I wouldn’t mind him as our next HC, but I’m not sure he’s ready.

There also seems to be a character concern being raised, though it was a long time ago. 

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1081592794483814401?s=21

I just found out about this today.

Reply/Quote

1. Todd Monken
  2. Kris Richard
  3. Mike McCarthy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 09:01 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Who do you want as our next coach. I think we need a young confident offensive minded head coach who is a winner. The guy I like is Zac Taylor. He was a former qb of Nebraska who got inducted into the Nebraska h.o.f. He wants to win and he seems smart. He interviewed with Elway and the Broncos and Elway said he came away really impressed with Taylor. We need a winner at HC with a confident attitude and Taylor has it.

I voted for Bienemy after hearing about all the players he worked with, i think he is a great young mind that would do wonders for us. Got some great praise from AP and MJD and he tells it like it is.

Same with Taylor who i also really like and Monken.

Defensive coach i would love to get is Richard or Fangio.

Wouldn't mind McCarthy either.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 10:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd think if they wanted to bring not only an outside candidate to the team, but also a coach with credentials that the established players would respond to... this would be the best route.

It's Bengals so you just never know.

The Browns might be an attractive destination but Mayfield's personality might be a huge turn off for McCarthy.

I do not want McCarthy walking up and down the sidelines here.He is just another FAT guy that is embarrassing.Besides,him and AR did not see things together and they had their spats a lot.I want new blood, no former coach.He would never fit with Mike and Katie.He is a jerk.
Reply/Quote
Why is Tom Herman (HC Texas) not getting any consideration?

He was born in OH.
Was OC at Ohio State for the 2014 National Champs under Urban Meyer.
Went to Houston and won the conference in his second year there.
Went to Texas and made them relevant again. Finished second in the Big 12 to Oklahoma, and just beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Sound like a guy worth consideration to me if you want a new thinking offensive mind with both coordinator and HC experience..
Reply/Quote
There is only one candidate that can take us to the promised land. REX RYAN. He has won a playoff game with Mark freaking Sanchez, he can chew Mikes head off and crap down his throat. Just don't let him bring his brother as DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 07:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: There is only one candidate that can take us to the promised land. REX RYAN. He has won a playoff game with Mark freaking Sanchez, he can chew Mikes head off and crap down his throat. Just don't let him bring his brother as DC.

Rex works out for a year, maybe two, three tops.  After that, you get real tired of him real fast.  He has a mouth problem that is a bad match with his ego problem.  He will have your boys playing their guts out for him until the honeymoon ends, though.  I believe it is the family tradition.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:37 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I do not want McCarthy walking up and down the sidelines here.He is just another FAT guy that is embarrassing.Besides,him and AR did not see things together and they had their spats a lot.I want new blood, no former coach.He would never fit with Mike and Katie.He is a jerk.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 07:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why is Tom Herman (HC Texas) not getting any consideration?

He was born in OH.
Was OC at Ohio State for the 2014 National Champs under Urban Meyer.
Went to Houston and won the conference in his second year there.
Went to Texas and made them relevant again. Finished second in the Big 12 to Oklahoma, and just beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Sound like a guy worth consideration to me if you want a new thinking offensive mind with both coordinator and HC experience..

Think it is just the college coach fails that make people pause with Herman.

Somewhat rare for college coaches to do well moving to HC in the pros.

(01-07-2019, 09:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Lmao! The Dude!
Reply/Quote
The 2 guys I like the most are Taylor and Monken.

Primarily for the reasons that have been stated already.

Both were part of the building processes, Monken has done it across multiple levels, and turned some bad teams around.

I have other reasons but most people can't handle the truth and I do want a SB win and the odds are not in your favor if you have Eric as your HC.
Reply/Quote
For now I like Kris Richard. I could see a culture change if he is hired and allowed to run his show. He is pretty much opposite of the personality type that Mike seems to prefer so I would be shocked if he gets the nod.
Reply/Quote
As much as "in house" candidates are getting a thumbs down: I'd be happy with anyone other than Hue Jackson. He has proved to be a failure as a HC. Simmons and Lazor have done just as good as a HC than anyone on a dream sheet.

My wants are more in the coordinator position(s):

Give me Steve Wilks as DC and Charlie Wiess as OC.

But more importantly than any of this. Bring in a competent GM/talent adviser. Dream there would be Pat Kirwin
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:37 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I do not want McCarthy walking up and down the sidelines here.He is just another FAT guy that is embarrassing.Besides,him and AR did not see things together and they had their spats a lot.I want new blood, no former coach.He would never fit with Mike and Katie.He is a jerk.

What is with your obsession over coaches weight? What if KC fired Andy Reid, would you pass on him because he’s overweight? What a stupid thing to be concerned about.

Reply/Quote
If we hire Hue Jackson we might have a good shot at landing Trevor Lawrence in two years so
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
My number one choice isn't on the list and I understand that nothing has been reported about an interview yet but I am holding out hope that nothing has leaked about one yet and he will be getting one soon and that guy is Matt Eberflus the Colts Defensive Coordinator. This guy is from Ohio and specializes in Linebackers and has turned the Colts Defense around quite nicely this season. I understand everyone wants the next Sean McVay but this guy would be ahead of Bienemy who doesn't call plays and Taylor who is just a QB coach. With that said I still wouldn't mind us bringing in one of the other two guys because it would be better than Hue Jackson or another in house guy but I would love to see serious consideration for Eberflus and Kris Richard from Dallas.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Urban Meyer.
Reply/Quote