Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want in the 2nd?
Seems like we have a pretty good idea who people prefer with our 1st pick. Sewell being the consensus, with the playmakers like Pitts and Chase also being popular choices. Just curious who people like with our 2nd pick? We tend to do very well in the 2nd (let’s not talk about Sample). Obviously it depends on what we do at #5 and in FA, but who is your top (realistic) choice at #38?

Mine is Boogie Basham.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Nixon.
Reply/Quote
Eichenberg
Nixon
Asante Samuel
Tyson Campbell
Nico Collins
Dickerson
Humphrey
Reply/Quote
Alijah Tucker G USC
Terrace Marshall WR LSU
Jordan Smith Edge UAB
Brevin Jordan TE Miami
Walker Little T Stanford
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Barmore DT
Basham EDGE
Gregory Rousseau EDGE
Vera-Tucker G
Pat Freiermuth TE
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Trey Smith. Always liked his measurements and he came in at 6'5 1/2, 331 at the Senior Bowl. His one on ones with Basham in practice were noticeable of some write ups. Basham probably improved his stock, but Smith might have been his best match up.
Reply/Quote
It probably depends on if you want the Bengals to go all-in on offense for this draft and get defensive players later or if you want a balance, but I want DL. I could also see CB if WJ3 leaves, but DL is probably more critical.
If the Bengals can trade back to pick up an extra 2nd, I'd love to get another pass catcher.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It probably depends on if you want the Bengals to go all-in on offense for this draft and get defensive players later or if you want a balance, but I want DL. I could also see CB if WJ3 leaves, but DL is probably more critical.
If the Bengals can trade back to pick up an extra 2nd, I'd love to get another pass catcher.

Throw out some names?

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Throw out some names?

So many to list that I'd be willing to take, but here are 10 of them I'd for sure consider.

DL:
Christian Barmore, IDL Alabama
Daviyon Nixon, IDL Iowa
Jaelan Phillips, EDGE Miami
Patrick Jones, EDGE Pittsburgh
Hamilcar Rashed Jr, EDGE Oregon St
Joe Tryon, EDGE Washington
Carlos Basham Jr, DE Wake Forest

CB:
Eric Stokes, CB Georgia
Greg Newsome II, CB Northwestern
Asante Samuel Jr, CB Florda St
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Every time I see Joe Tryon’s name my mind reads it as Tyrion from GoT.

Reply/Quote
the best player available

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 02:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: the best player available

No matter the position? Would you take a RB at 38 if he’s the BPA? I guess we do have so many needs pretty much anything besides QB should be an option. I was just curious to see some names people were interested in with this thread though.

Reply/Quote
You have to look at the trenches in the second round no matter what they did in Free Agency or took in the first round.

The quality of the offensive and defensive lines for the Bengals is really crap. The Bengals had so many different line combinations on both sides because of injuries and it really showed the horrendous depth.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 03:20 PM)Synric Wrote: You have to look at the trenches in the second round no matter what they did in Free Agency or took in the first round.

The quality of the offensive and defensive lines for the Bengals is really crap. The Bengals had so many different line combinations on both sides because of injuries and it really showed the horrendous depth.

Agreed. And I think a lot of the BPA are going to be OL/DL when we pick anyway. The 2nd really seems like the sweet spot for taking EDGE and DT this year, and there might be an Eichenberg (or one of the top OG’s) sitting there for us if we didn’t take Sewell in the 1st.

Reply/Quote
If we go OT in 1? Terrace Marshall in 2.
If we go Pitts or WR in 1? Then Basham or Mayfield or Wyatt Davis in 2.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I want Pitts in round 1.

Teven Jenkins OT Ok St in the 2nd.

It’s no secret Cincinnati loves drafting players with vast experience, often paying close attention to events like the Senior Bowl to scout the most tested prospects in the country. In addition to making the trip to Mobile, Alabama, Jenkins also notched 35 starts throughout his collegiate career, ticking both the experience boxes the Bengals take so seriously.

The versatility Jenkins brings is also something that would likely be welcomed. The Kansas native has spent time at both tackle positions, as well as right guard, although he ultimately made his best impression as the right bookend.

With only one starter in place, bringing in guys that can play multiple different positions can help offensive line coach Frank Pollack find the best combination of five to put in front of Burrow.

“Heavy hands” and “powerful finisher” are terms often brought up when discussing Jenkins’ tape. This combination of attributes completes the trifecta that makes him a good fit with the Bengals, especially as they attempt to claw their way out of the cellar of the AFC North.

https://stripehype.com/2021/02/05/ot-teven-jenkins-ideal-second-round-pick-bengals/
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 09:55 PM)pulses Wrote: I want Pitts in round 1.

Teven Jenkins OT Ok St in the 2nd.

It’s no secret Cincinnati loves drafting players with vast experience, often paying close attention to events like the Senior Bowl to scout the most tested prospects in the country. In addition to making the trip to Mobile, Alabama, Jenkins also notched 35 starts throughout his collegiate career, ticking both the experience boxes the Bengals take so seriously.

The versatility Jenkins brings is also something that would likely be welcomed. The Kansas native has spent time at both tackle positions, as well as right guard, although he ultimately made his best impression as the right bookend.

With only one starter in place, bringing in guys that can play multiple different positions can help offensive line coach Frank Pollack find the best combination of five to put in front of Burrow.

“Heavy hands” and “powerful finisher” are terms often brought up when discussing Jenkins’ tape. This combination of attributes completes the trifecta that makes him a good fit with the Bengals, especially as they attempt to claw their way out of the cellar of the AFC North.

https://stripehype.com/2021/02/05/ot-teven-jenkins-ideal-second-round-pick-bengals/

I stumbled upon Teven Jenkins while watching Joseph Ossai. And instantly wanted him after watching a couple games of Ossai dominate people then Teven rough him up it was really eye opening.

I can’t find an answer on what happened to him at the senior bowl though. He accepted an invite. No weigh in measurements and he didn’t play because I didn’t see him in any OL vs DL 1v1s.

He missed the last so many games of the year to focus on the draft. But I think I saw an injury pushed him that way too.

I hope he is healthy because he seems like a damn fine option and has instantly become one of my favorite OL of the class. Wish I could find some info on what’s going on with him.
Reply/Quote
If Sewell isn't available at 5, I want the best OL available at 38.

Trey Hill, Teven Jenkins, Trey Smith, Wyatt Davis?

If Sewell IS the pick at #5, I want the best pass catcher available at 38.

Terrace Marshall, Kadarius Toney, Pat Freiermuth? Might even consider going for a 2nd OL depending on how FA worked out.

- - - - - - - - -

Between FA, the 1st round, and the 2nd round, the Bengals need to add 3 (non-XSF-level) OL and 1 pass catcher.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tell me who we take in the 1st
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 12:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If Sewell isn't available at 5, I want the best OL available at 38.

Trey Hill, Teven Jenkins, Trey Smith, Wyatt Davis?

If Sewell IS the pick at #5, I want the best pass catcher available at 38.

Terrace Marshall, Kadarius Toney, Pat Freiermuth? Might even consider going for a 2nd OL depending on how FA worked out.

- - - - - - - - -

Between FA, the 1st round, and the 2nd round, the Bengals need to add 3 (non-XSF-level) OL and 1 pass catcher.

Are you not big on Eichenberg?

Reply/Quote