Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else impressed you around the league?
Steelers replenished weapons with a WR, RB and TE in the first 5 picks but the core and goal of their draft was to fix their defense and they attacked it but moving up to get arguable the best linebacker and then grabbing what many considered the best corner (Layne).

They got two instant starters and possible all pros on defense. They replenished weapons on offense.

It almost seems like they have a plan and execute it.

Meanwhile we think we got some people that can help block but maybe not even start.

And people are carping on the Steelers draft? Haha

Seriously, for many years I was known as the biggest DieHard in existence but even I can’t say this with a straight face.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:20 AM)Benton Wrote: Panthers bills and jags all had solid drafts. The Steelers got better.

Overall,I think we did well in terms of adding contributors in 3-4 years. I don't think we did a lot to help us in 2019.

I liked the Denver draft best,

Steelers got worse in my opinion because since they traded A. Brown, I factor losing him for the picks they received.
They got 1 high quality day 1 starter, 1 downgraded starter at WR in rookie form Toledo versus AB and a bunch of projects.

Time will tell, but Steeler's did OK with Snell picks (not a starter), but the loss of AB via trade and Bell to FA hurt them long term IMHO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 08:32 AM)yang Wrote: Steelers replenished weapons with a WR, RB and TE in the first 5 picks but the core and goal of their draft was to fix their defense and they attacked it but moving up to get arguable the best linebacker and then grabbing what many considered the best corner (Layne).

They got two instant starters and possible all pros on defense.  They replenished weapons on offense.  

It almost seems like they have a plan and execute it.

Meanwhile we think we got some people that can help block but maybe not even start.

And people are carping on the Steelers draft?   Haha

Seriously, for many years I was known as the biggest DieHard in existence but even I can’t say this with a straight face.

I have not seen 1 expert say Layne was the best CB in this draft of weak CB prospects.
They traded and got pics for A. Brown, the replacement is a huge downgrade in 2019 and probably for next 5 years.
They lost Bell yo FA, yes he did not play in 2019, but a lot of Bengal's players did not either do to injury, but are coming back. They replaced Bell with Snell???

I see Bush as great add, I see they lost 2 pick to get him so very costly.

The 2019 Steelers look worse on paper than 2018 IMHO as of right now. No Brown and no Bell. Brown is arguably the best WR in football and durable so huge loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote