Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who (external) do you expect the Bengals to sign?
I'd say guys with big names, that were drafted high, that are on the downswing like:

Mario Williams
Jarvis Jones
Nick Mangold
Cordarelle Patterson
Kendall Wright
Matt Kalil
John Simon
Kelvin Beachem
Datone Jones
Geno Smith (IF McCarron is traded)
Ted Ginn
Reply/Quote
Jordan Palmer and Greg Little

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say guys with big names, that were drafted high, that are on the downswing like:

Mario Williams
Jarvis Jones
Nick Mangold
Cordarelle Patterson
Kendall Wright
Matt Kalil
John Simon
Kelvin Beachem
Datone Jones
Ted Ginn

Who do I expect that's external?
You pretty much have to choose someone that was cut. That's a must. If Zeitler or DK walks, that's a third-round comp pick right there, so there's no way the Bengals allow their precious comp picks to be jeopardized.
Being a former Bengal is preferred by this organization.
Some kind of hometown ties MIGHT help, like when AJ Hawk signed here.

So with that said, I'm giving highest expected probability to Andrew Hawkins. Good enough to be a WR4/5, better than James Wright in terms of offensive productivity. Plus he "knows the offense". Not a good signing though by any means.
MAYBE Nick Mangold because he played at Ohio St and grew up in Centerville. But this team will not demote Bodine, so this is just wishful thinking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who do I expect that's external?
You pretty much have to choose someone that was cut. That's a must. If Zeitler or DK walks, that's a third-round comp pick right there, so there's no way the Bengals allow their precious comp picks to be jeopardized.
Being a former Bengal is preferred by this organization.
Some kind of hometown ties MIGHT help, like when AJ Hawk signed here.

So with that said, I'm giving highest expected probability to Andrew Hawkins. Good enough to be a WR4/5, better than James Wright in terms of offensive productivity. Plus he "knows the offense". Not a good signing though by any means.
MAYBE Nick Mangold because he played at Ohio St and grew up in Centerville. But this team will not demote Bodine, so this is just wishful thinking.

Hawkins may be the guy.  Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 02:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hawkins may be the guy.  Sad

Out of that group, I'd say he's your Huckleberry.....assuming he's good and cheap and at least about to crest the proverbial hill.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If Hawkins is feeling nostalgic, he'll come back here. If he wants a ring, he won't come here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't surprise me if they went in on Mario Williams. 32 year old former 1st rounder who had good seasons in 2012-14. But then was very underwhelming and 6.5 combined sacks the last 2 years despite starting in 20 games and playing in 28.

For reference, MJ is 30 years old and had 8.5 combined sacks the past 3 seasons. Started in 31 games. Played in 32. He played 4 more games than Williams.

But. Hey. Former 1st rounder.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Darrelle Revis and Andre Smith to replace KZ and DreK.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Two guys I would think would be Torrey Smith( who probably will get cut) and Nick Mangold at C. If we sign those two guys along with Whitworth I think we verify ourselves as title contenders. I say go guard 2nd Rd and draft d line in 1 and 3.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We'll sign 2 grinder (not quite starters, but good 2nd string) offensive linemen (G/T) to pad if we have issues with Whit and Zeitler.
We may also pick up a rotational DT, to take Peko's spot.
I'd like to see a DE, for rotation.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 01:36 AM)J24 Wrote: Two guys I would think would be Torrey Smith( who probably will get cut) and Nick Mangold at C.  If we sign those two guys along with Whitworth I think we verify ourselves as title contenders. I say go guard 2nd Rd and draft d line in 1 and 3.

I tend to agree with you here.....that's why it'll never happen.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 04:10 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: We'll sign 2 grinder (not quite starters, but good 2nd string) offensive linemen (G/T) to pad if we have issues with Whit and Zeitler.
We may also pick up a rotational DT, to take Peko's spot.
I'd like to see a DE, for rotation.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I just don't see us bringing in 2 2nd tier offensive lineman with the $15 million figure the team is floating around.

Wisniewski could be had cheap probably...so he's a possibility.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 05:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say guys with big names, that were drafted high, that are on the downswing like:

Mario Williams
Jarvis Jones
Nick Mangold

Cordarelle Patterson
Kendall Wright
Matt Kalil
John Simon
Kelvin Beachem
Datone Jones
Ted Ginn

I could see them making a run at the guys bolded as none would command top dollar and all have had some type of success or fit what the team likes to do.

Personally I wouldn't mind bringing in Mangold, Jones, and maybe Simon from the list, but man wouldn't it be great to bring in at least 1 impact free agent as we stand to lose at least some of our own.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 02:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hawkins may be the guy.  Sad

That would be really depressing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote