Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Who feels as or safer under Biden versus Trump
I'd feel safer where things like this didn't happen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/10/16/muslim-boy-stabbed-chicago-landlord/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJyZWFzb24iOiJnaWZ0IiwibmJmIjoxNjk3NDI4ODAwLCJpc3MiOiJzdWJzY3JpcHRpb25zIiwiZXhwIjoxNjk4ODExMTk5LCJpYXQiOjE2OTc0Mjg4MDAsImp0aSI6IjZjYWE2ODg4LTQwNmEtNGM5Ni04MjE3LTk0NTJkYmJmZGQxOCIsInVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lndhc2hpbmd0b25wb3N0LmNvbS9uYXRpb25hbC1zZWN1cml0eS8yMDIzLzEwLzE2L211c2xpbS1ib3ktc3RhYmJlZC1jaGljYWdvLWxhbmRsb3JkLyJ9.pYUHZvBGDBzCkE1VNI66SxL7ipzToQYoQgI8EL_wXls

Quote:[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray20)]Palestinian American boy stabbed to death in hate crime, sheriff says[/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray20)]Authorities cite the war between Israel and Gaza as a factor in the deadly attack on a Muslim family in Illinois[/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]For the past two years, relatives recalled, Joseph Czuba was kind to the Palestinian mother and her young son who were renting part of his house in Plainfield, Ill., about a half-hour outside of Chicago.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]The 71-year-old landlord built the boy a treehouse, let him use a swimming pool and bought him toys, the child’s relatives said. But over the past few days, according to the family, “something changed,” and Czuba had grown hostile to his Arab tenants.[/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]On Saturday, a week after Hamas militants launched a devastating attack on Israel, Czuba allegedly knocked on the Palestinian family’s door just after 11 a.m. When the mother, Hanaan Shahin, answered, Czuba assaulted her with a serrated military-style knife while yelling anti-Muslim statements, forcing her to run to the bathroom to call 911, according to local authorities and the family’s statements at a news conference on Sunday.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]When Shahin emerged from the bathroom after calling police, according to the accounts, she found Czuba attacking her 6-year-old son, Wadea Alfayoumi, who later died of his wounds. He had been stabbed 26 times, the Will County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. Shahin, 32, was stabbed at least a dozen times and remains hospitalized in serious condition, the family said.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]Czuba was charged with one count each of first-degree murder, attempted murder and aggravated battery, and two counts related to hate crimes, according to the sheriff’s office.[/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]“Detectives were able to determine that both victims in this brutal attack were targeted by the suspect due to them being Muslims and the on-going Middle Eastern conflict involving Hamas and the Israelis,” the statement said.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]When authorities arrived, Czuba was sitting upright outside on the ground near the driveway of the residence with a laceration to his forehead, according to the sheriff’s office. He was taken to a hospital for treatment but did not make any statements to detectives when later questioned, the sheriff’s office added.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray80)]The Will County Sheriff’s Office in Illinois said 6-year-old Wadea Alfayoumi and his mother, Hanaan Shahin, 32, were targeted in an anti-Muslim hate crime stemming from anger over the war between Israel and Gaza. (CAIR National)[/color]

President Biden[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)] said in a statement that he was “sickened” to hear of the deadly attack in Illinois, which “stands against our fundamental values: freedom from fear for how we pray, what we believe, and who we are.”[/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]“The child’s Palestinian Muslim family came to America seeking what we all seek — a refuge to live, learn, and pray in peace,” the White House statement said, calling for Americans to “reject Islamophobia and all forms of bigotry and hatred.”[/color][/color]
[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]The attack came a week after Hamas militants raided communities in southern Israel, killing at least 1,400 people there and injuring more than 3,842, authorities said. Palestinian officials said 2,670 people in Gaza have been killed and 9,600 wounded after Israel began a bombing campaign ahead of an expected ground invasion.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]The brutality of the latest outbreak of warfare has unleashed language from all sides that is so hateful and dehumanizing that it has shocked even longtime observers of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. International peace activists repeatedly have warned that the ugly rhetoric could inspire violent retaliations in the United States, citing dark precedents such as the targeting of Muslims after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks or the increase in antisemitic incidents after previous flare-ups involving Israel.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]In the past few days, Jewish and Muslim advocacy groups have documented vandalism or bomb threats at synagogues and mosques, along with hateful messages and swastikas scrawled in their communities. Arab and Muslim rights groups say they have fielded calls from people reporting that they have been fired or silenced for expressing pro-Palestinian views.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]The stabbing death of a child sounded like an unthinkable escalation, their worst fears come true. Activists and politicians issued statements demanding an end to the conflict and to the dangerous language they say finds resonance with violent, unstable people.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]“This atmosphere has created a monster out of a normal man who once built a treehouse,” said Ahmed Rehab of the Chicago branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Muslim advocacy group that arranged a news conference Sunday with the boy’s father and other relatives.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) issued a statement calling the taking of a child’s life in the name of bigotry “nothing short of evil.”[/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]“Wadea should be heading to school in the morning,” Pritzker’s statement said. “Instead, his parents will wake up without their son. This wasn’t just a murder — it was a hate crime.”[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]Authorities gave few details about Czuba. As news of his arrest spread, people who live nearby said in community forums on Facebook that Czuba had long alarmed residents with yard signs telegraphing his “extreme” views. One woman wrote that she had alerted local officials about the “unhinged” man. The Post contacted the woman seeking details but did not receive an immediate reply.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]The Palestinian tenants had seen the signs but did not understand their symbolism and had not experienced the landlord’s extremist side until recently, said Yousef Hannon, an uncle and family spokesman who was sitting with the slain child’s father, Odai Alfayoumi, during a phone interview.[/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]Wadea was born in the United States to Palestinian parents who moved here more than a decade ago and have since divorced. The extended family, which has roots in both the West Bank and Gaza, already was reeling this week from the perils faced by relatives who are fleeing the Israeli siege and retaliatory strikes that followed the Hamas-led attack. Hannon said they never imagined that the tentacles of war would stretch all the way to the Chicago suburbs.[/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]What little the family knows about the attack comes from the police and text messages from the boy’s mother, Shahin, whom they say they haven’t been allowed to visit yet in the hospital.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]In Arabic-language text messages to the boy’s father right after the attack, the family said, she wrote that Czuba had knocked on the door. When she answered, she texted, he choked her and then tried to stab her while yelling words to the effect of, “You Muslims must die.”[/color][/color]

[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]Grief-stricken family members were gathered around Odai Alfayoumi late Sunday, making arrangements for the child’s funeral Monday at a local mosque. The father spoke quietly in the background but said he was too broken up to be interviewed.
[/color][/color]
[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]“He can’t accept the fact that he lost his son,” Hannon said. His voice cracked and he began to sob. “It’s very hard for a father to lose a son. Very hard.”[/color][/color]
[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][color=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)]
Michelle Boorstein contributed to this report.
[/color][/color]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'd feel safer where things like this didn't happen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/10/16/muslim-boy-stabbed-chicago-landlord/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJyZWFzb24iOiJnaWZ0IiwibmJmIjoxNjk3NDI4ODAwLCJpc3MiOiJzdWJzY3JpcHRpb25zIiwiZXhwIjoxNjk4ODExMTk5LCJpYXQiOjE2OTc0Mjg4MDAsImp0aSI6IjZjYWE2ODg4LTQwNmEtNGM5Ni04MjE3LTk0NTJkYmJmZGQxOCIsInVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lndhc2hpbmd0b25wb3N0LmNvbS9uYXRpb25hbC1zZWN1cml0eS8yMDIzLzEwLzE2L211c2xpbS1ib3ktc3RhYmJlZC1jaGljYWdvLWxhbmRsb3JkLyJ9.pYUHZvBGDBzCkE1VNI66SxL7ipzToQYoQgI8EL_wXls

Maybe the Dems should have all Palestinian-Americans rounded up and put in internment camps, you know for their own protection like FDR did with the Japanese-Americans. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Maybe the Dems should have all Palestinian-Americans rounded up and put in internment camps, you know for their own protection like FDR did with the Japanese-Americans. 

1) That's not why they were rounded up.

2) That's your go to when someone kills a 6 year old because of their race?  The 1940's?

3) I never mentioned political parties in that post.  I don't know if the killer is a Democrat or a republican.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Maybe the Dems should have all Palestinian-Americans rounded up and put in internment camps, you know for their own protection like FDR did with the Japanese-Americans. 

Would talking about this count as CRT because it makes the USA look like a racist bully, or is it given a pass because a democrat did it and NO CRT tends to be the hallmark of the right wing? 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: 1) That's not why they were rounded up.

2) That's your go to when someone kills a 6 year old because of their race?  The 1940's?

3) I never mentioned political parties in that post.  I don't know if the killer is a Democrat or a republican.

1 Then tell us in your infinite wisdom Why they were? I'm curious to know. does the shoe still fit?

2 it's an option, what's yours? 

3 Don't worry, your intentions are quite clear coming from a strict bipartisan such as your self.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: 1 Then tell us in your infinite wisdom Why they were? I'm curious to know. does the shoe still fit?

3 Don't worry, your intentions are quite clear coming from a strict bipartisan such as your self.

They were interned because in their infinite wisdom the powers that be decided that Japanese Americans living on the West Coast would act as infiltrators for Japan, acting as saboteurs, spies, and enemy combatants

2) why don't we round up the people who can't tolerate living near people of different religions, different races, and different sexual orientation?  Why punish the innocent victims of hate instead of the perpetrators.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: 1 Then tell us in your infinite wisdom Why they were? I'm curious to know. does the shoe still fit?

Pally answered one for you so *my* infinite wisdom was just a basic understanding of history.

I don't consider rounding up people and putting them in camps as an "option" at all.  I'd prefer we not promote hate and fear and cause weak minded people to attack and kill 6 year-olds because they think they are terrorists.

You brought Democrats and republicans into it believe *I* am the partisan?  I guess whatever works for you to feel better about your own beliefs.
Reply/Quote

This is why book burnings and banning is wrong. 
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
[Image: 32489496-8672831-image-a-14_1598590724125.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 09:31 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: 32489496-8672831-image-a-14_1598590724125.jpg]

Turnabout is fair play if/when Trump loses in 2024 and there is another J6 tour group that kills some people.  The footage will rightly be of Joe Biden's America this time.

Do you really feel safe with a president who lets a C-list celebrity whip up a mob of fanatics and then unleash them on the capitol and police officers?  Vote Trump in 2028.
Reply/Quote
There were no new wars under Trump's administration. He's not the first president who can say that, but we are talking only about Biden and Trump. This country has gone deeper into the toilet as years went by. New York City was once a mighty metropolis. Now it's like the capital of any 3rd-world country. It's a shithole I try to avoid whenever I can.

I do not feel safer today than I did a few years ago.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 12:13 PM)Interceptor Wrote: New York City was once a mighty metropolis.

When was NYC a mighty metropolis and when did it become a shithole?  Are there specific years on this stuff? 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When was NYC a mighty metropolis and when did it become a shithole?  Are there specific years on this stuff? 

Pre-Covid (2019): Tourists up the wazzoo in summer and winter holiday (Thanksgiving to New Years) and was safer at all hours (not talking about the ghetto).
Post-2021: It became a real shithole since they reopened after the covid shutdown. What shithead ever thought of defunding the police? You need order before progress can be made. The inmates are now running the asylum. I won't take the subway ever again. Just not safe anymore. And I've lived in NYC all my life.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 03:56 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Pre-Covid (2019): Tourists up the wazzoo in summer and winter holiday (Thanksgiving to New Years) and was safer at all hours (not talking about the ghetto).
Post-2021: It became a real shithole since they reopened after the covid shutdown. What shithead ever thought of defunding the police? You need order before progress can be made. The inmates are now running the asylum. I won't take the subway ever again. Just not safe anymore. And I've lived in NYC all my life.

Hmm.  I have a few acres and a house in a red part of PA.  I'll sell it to you for a few million bucks.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 03:56 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Pre-Covid (2019): Tourists up the wazzoo in summer and winter holiday (Thanksgiving to New Years) and was safer at all hours (not talking about the ghetto).

Not sure anyone defunded the police in New York City

https://ibo.nyc.ny.us/RevenueSpending/nypd.html
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 04:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not sure anyone defunded the police in New York City

https://ibo.nyc.ny.us/RevenueSpending/nypd.html

Dude shut up, I'm going to sell this dirt road property to someone for millions.  Move here, no one would try that crap in this small town.  Our local police have their pants around their ankles all day because everyone here just lines up to kiss their asses.
Reply/Quote