• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has Stepped Up?
Stepping up outside of obvious Browning
ZT
Mixon/Brown
Hendrickson
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm probably in the minority that we should allow taunting in sports, **** that's the best part of being a fan and playing amateur sports! lol. If you don't want someone to taunt you, stop them.

Taunts lead to fights & retaliation hits, it has no place in the NFL anymore.
Reply/Quote
It's the ultimate team sport, everybody from top to bottom has stepped up their game
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Stepping up outside of obvious Browning
ZT
Mixon/Brown
Hendrickson

Hendrickson was a home run FA signing
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:35 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Taunts lead to fights & retaliation hits, it has no place in the NFL anymore.

My biggest issue with taunts is the message it sends to kids playing the sport. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My biggest issue with taunts is the message it sends to kids playing the sport. 

Sad but true. I've seen it from jr sports to HS sports...
Reply/Quote
The beer vendors.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 06:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The beer vendors.

Your personal ones or the ones at the stadium?   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The Coaches have stepped up as well changing gears to adapt.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The anti-Pollack crowd has been very quiet the last few weeks. Steelers are going to be a tough test, but it’s great to see Frank has his unit playing so well.

My shout out for a specific player who has stepped up - Cordell Volson.

What the anti-Pollack crowd fails to realize, is that O-Line play across the league has been horrendous across the league, and not without notice. The bad line play is a daily topic on NFL radio. College is not getting them ready, and the collective bargaining agreement gives them very few full pad practices for their coaches to even teach them. If a player is wanting to improve, they have to do it on their own time at private camps.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 07:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Coaches have stepped up as well changing gears to adapt.

They’ve done an excellent job of deviating from what Joe likes to what fits Jake and what he likes. That’s for sure. No plays that they haven’t been repped in practice all year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Everyone on the roster has stepped up! This is a good team with a ton of pride!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Really just enjoying the fact that we have a great team, with or without Joe at the helm.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 06:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Your personal ones or the ones at the stadium?   Tongue

All of them.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 09:54 PM)J24 Wrote: Everyone on the roster has stepped up! This is a good team with a ton of pride!

Honestly, this kind of reminds me of the Reds last Championship in 1990. Eric Davis got injured early in the season and it seemed like EVERYBODY up their game about 5%. Nobody played out of their minds but everyone was slightly above their average level of play. That's what this feels like.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:35 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Taunts lead to fights & retaliation hits, it has no place in the NFL anymore.

Grown men fighting and retaliating because of eye contact? Lol.

They still taunt all the time, why do they scuffle with flags/no flags. Also all those sack celebrations are taunting, they just don't do it in the QB's face lol. There's a ton of trash talk on the field that we don't hear lol. They taunt off the field too, how many times we get the Justin Reid type quotes, not knowing who higgins is or saying he's gonna lock him down anyway lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My biggest issue with taunts is the message it sends to kids playing the sport. 

But taunting in non sport situations is OK apparently, lol. I don't think players are thinking about what message is sent to kids while they're on the field, hence "You shoulda never ***** cut me!" to the camera from Browning post game. Kids are watching!! That is not behavior we want them to mimic!!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/WGw7yrDPHG8?feature=share

That being said, I like the taunting penalty on Josh allen when he was pointing and laughing while running in for a TD. Somehow it wouldn't have been taunting if he was pointing his hand forward and laughing instead, lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:11 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Honestly, this kind of reminds me of the Reds last Championship in 1990. Eric Davis got injured early in the season and it seemed like EVERYBODY up their game about 5%. Nobody played out of their minds but everyone was slightly above their average level of play. That's what this feels like.

Eric Davis got hurt early in the World Series.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 07:31 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Eric Davis got hurt early in the World Series.

It was Game 4. Reds won that game and the Series. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 09:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What the anti-Pollack crowd fails to realize, is that O-Line play across the league has been horrendous across the league, and not without notice. The bad line play is a daily topic on NFL radio. College is not getting them ready, and the collective bargaining agreement gives them very few full pad practices for their coaches to even teach them. If a player is wanting to improve, they have to do it on their own time at private camps.

The Bengals have been at the bottom since Pollack has been here.  This year the line is doing better but they are still in the bottom half of all NFL teams.  Lets see if Pollack has them ready against Pittsburgh facing an elite pass rusher like Watt. 
Reply/Quote