Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has money on the Super Bowl?
Why do I get a feeling this is going to be like all the people that claim to have been at the Freezer Bowl? Yeah I was there back in 2021-22. I bet my entire life savings on the Bengals before anyone else believed in them. Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:10 PM)Cuzz from England Wrote: Whereabouts in England ??? I'm in Whitchurch in Shropshire, just the right side of the border from the top of Wales. Good luck with the bets, we've come this far against the odds we're not stopping now !!!!

Portsmouth pal. Used to live in Chester so not too far from Whitchurch
Reply/Quote
I won't bet on the Super Bowl. The worse thing to a gambler is to win. You know it will all go back and then some.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
You guys are going to hate me. I always bet big against the Bengals as a hedge. Haven’t put money down on the Super Bowl (yet), but, I’m happily getting my ass kicked the past few weeks.

Basically, how much am I willing to spend on a Bengals victory?
Reply/Quote
Before the playoffs started, I put $50 on the Bengals to win the superbowl. The odds were 50 to 1 so I'm looking at a $1000 payday.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:18 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone out there betting on the Super Bowl and if so, how much?

I have a $100 bet for the Bengals to win it all that I placed at the beginning of the season when they were 200 to 1 odds.
I'll be either really happy or really sad.   Smirk

I'll put another $100 on the game itself this weekend I suppose.

You could place a money line bet on the Rams and be guaranteed to walk away with winnings no matter who wins the game. Something to think about. 
Reply/Quote
I posted my bet before the season.

$500 to win more than 6.5 games paid $1075.00
$200 to win AFC North paid $4200.00
$100 to win AFC Championship paid $5100.00
Still to play out.
$200 to win Super Bowl will pay $20200.00

So far my $1000 bet has paid $10375.00
If the Bengals win Super Bowl the total will pay $30,575.

I did not hedge the AFC Championship game. I am tempted but will not hedge the Super Bowl either.
I don't want any bad mojo going the Bengals way. I would lose the 20K than risk jinxing the Bengals at this point.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:18 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone out there betting on the Super Bowl and if so, how much?

I have a $100 bet for the Bengals to win it all that I placed at the beginning of the season when they were 200 to 1 odds.
I'll be either really happy or really sad.   Smirk

I'll put another $100 on the game itself this weekend I suppose.

I don't think it was ever 200 to 1, but I have another $50 on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl at 66-1 from the beginning of the year.

I also bet the AFC North, and AFC Champs....

Joe Burrow for CPOTY.

Ja'Marr Chase for OROTY.

Joseph Ossai for DROTY (I didn't hit on everything).

ZT for COTY.

One crazy prop was for "Super Bowl matchups".  I put $20 on the Bengals to match up with the Bucs (paid ok), Rams (paid really well), and WFT (paid ridiculous...).  That was the biggest win I had by far.

I won't "hedge" this bet as I am already up and with the Rams being so favored, it doesn't make sense.  

I also bet on Burrow for MVP, but since that is a regular season award, I guess it is going to Rogers....dumb.

ZT won't win COTY, but he absolutely should have.

Before you all think I'm Nastrodamus, or something....I usually bet on the Bengals before every season like this:)
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 10:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think it was ever 200 to 1, but I have another $50 on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl at 66-1 from the beginning of the year.

I must have just got better odds than you at Bet MGM on Sept. 24th, 2021.  I'll post my ticket after the game if they win though.

They were actually 300 to 1 in the preseason.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/bengals-2022-super-bowl-odds-from-200-1-to-afc-champions-how-cincinnatis-nfl-title-chances-evolved
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I put $100 on them to win the super bowl in Vegas, when I watched them play against the Raiders. But honestly, I don't care about the money. It is not even a thought... I just want a super bowl. A matter of fact I would pay that money for them to get this super bowl!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:51 PM)CalgaryBengalsFan Wrote: I put $100 on them to win the super bowl in Vegas, when I watched them play against the Raiders. But honestly, I don't care about the money. It is not even a thought... I just want a super bowl. A matter of fact I would pay that money for them to get this super bowl!

Really the same feeling here.  The money is nice,  but I am just going to try and use it for good in the community.  In my experiences, the more you put out in to the universe, the more comes back to you (not necessarily in terms of money).
Reply/Quote
got a ticket worth 6k if Bengals win probably will bet 6 or 7 hundred on Rams next weekend. Maybe bet a hundo on a Bengal for MVP and enjoy the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd probably take that money. I'd be able to wipe away my tears with $100 bills if we lost, and if we won, I'd still have $7,500 and a Lombardi to comfort me.

You can hedge the bet I (if you have the cash) and bet on the moneyline (Rams to win), but you only get about .53 on the dollar.  So, you risk $1000, but you win $523.  If you risked $10,000, at least you walk away with a profit of $5230 if the Rams win, and a profit of $10,000 if the Bengals win.  The Chiefs were such heavy favorites that I didn't hedge the AFC Championship bet:)
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 06:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Why do I get a feeling this is going to be like all the people that claim to have been at the Freezer Bowl?  Yeah I was there back in 2021-22.  I bet my entire life savings on the Bengals before anyone else believed in them.      Tongue

IF you PM me you cell, I will facetime you the tickets
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 12:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Really the same feeling here.  The money is nice,  but I am just going to try and use it for good in the community.  In my experiences, the more you put out in to the universe, the more comes back to you (not necessarily in terms of money).

Totally agree with this! Got to go to Vegas to cash it though. Maybe it will pay for another visit to Vegas. I will tell my friends I will put it towards that. Bring a little more support for our team!
Reply/Quote
I bet 200$ after week one when I saw we weren't trash at 100 to 1.

So this is a 20k game for me
Reply/Quote
Don't gamble anymore at all. Seriously I did think the Bengals and Falcons were worth putting a few bucks on because of how hight the payout is. Someone is making some money on the board.
Reply/Quote