Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is?
Who is one candidate that is being given for 31 that you would be upset or at least not happy with? Mine is Raimann who I'm seeing show up more and more. Honestly, from multiple scouting reports I've read, I get Og flashbacks.

Who do you think will be a steal at any pick from rd 2 on? I say for me, Rasheed Walker. I think (based on watching the PSU/Michigan tape due to Hutch and Ojabo) he had great feet and just needs some technique work. Beat a few times but seemed to hold his own well imo. I think if you can get an iOL or have the whole OL built through FA, take him 2nd or 3rd and get him prepared to replace Williams possibly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:48 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Who is one candidate that is being given for 31 that you would be upset or at least not happy with? Mine is Raimann who I'm seeing show up more and more. Honestly, from multiple scouting reports I've read, I get Og flashbacks.

Who do you think will be a steal at any pick from rd 2 on? I say for me, Rasheed Walker. I think (based on watching the PSU/Michigan tape due to Hutch and Ojabo) he had great feet and just needs some technique work. Beat a few times but seemed to hold his own well imo. I think if you can get an iOL or have the whole OL built through FA, take him 2nd or 3rd and get him prepared to replace Williams possibly.

Rasheed Walker needs to get a lot stronger and work on his footwork. He won't be starting for at least a couple years and may be just a backup IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 09:30 PM)pulses Wrote: Rasheed Walker needs to get a lot stronger and work on his footwork. He won't be starting for at least a couple years and may be just a backup IMO.

That very well could be. Didnt Orlando Brown Jr have those concerns (at least strength) coming out? Especially only putting up like 6 reps. Seems like he managed to over come that and start year 1.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 09:30 PM)pulses Wrote: Rasheed Walker needs to get a lot stronger and work on his footwork. He won't be starting for at least a couple years and may be just a backup IMO.

Rasheed Walker is no more inconsistent with his technique or shows less power than Trevor Penning.

Walker is very talented but has suffered from from technique changes throughout his college career. (2 different Oline coaches and 3 different OC's and systems in 3 seasons at Penn State.)

My question about Walker isn't talent power or technique its Motor. He doesn't bring power or nasty every snap his footwork gets sloppy as games continue. Rasheed Walker is a first round talent but does he have the drive and want to to become a great NFL player.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 09:51 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: That very well could be. Didnt Orlando Brown Jr have those concerns (at least strength) coming out? Especially only putting up like 6 reps. Seems like he managed to over come that and start year 1.

We're comparing apples to oranges here. Walker is nowhere near on the level Brown ever was to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 09:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Rasheed Walker is no more inconsistent with his technique or shows less power than Trevor Penning.

Walker is very talented but has suffered from from technique changes throughout his college career. (2 different Oline coaches and 3 different OC's and systems in 3 seasons at Penn State.)

My question about Walker isn't talent power or technique its Motor. He doesn't bring power or nasty every snap his footwork gets sloppy as games continue. Rasheed Walker is a first round talent but does he have the drive and want to to become a great NFL player.

Yeah from what I've saw he tends to play soft quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
To the OP at 31 Daniel Faalele is on that list still and I want nothing to do with him. At the Senior Bowl he struggled Technically and Athletically. Guys like Trevor Penning showed some technique issues but also excellent recovery athleticism both areas held Faalele back. People love to mention that Daniel Faalele is 6'8 387lbs but if you watched the Senior Bowl practices you seen his weight caused him to struggled bending his knees so he would lose leverage regularly and get knocked on his ass. Leverage > Size

Steal in round 2 my guy is Jamaree Salyer G from Georgia. Salyer was Georgia's left tackle but looks like a all-pro caliber LG he is a strong run blocker with smooth feet in pass protection. Nasty player.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Not happy: Any QB

Steal: Josh Jobe
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 10:08 PM)Synric Wrote: To the OP at 31 Daniel Faalele is on that list still and I want nothing to do with him. At the Senior Bowl he struggled Technically and Athletically. Guys like Trevor Penning showed some technique issues but also excellent recovery athleticism both areas held Faalele back. People love to mention that Daniel Faalele is 6'8 387lbs but if you watched the Senior Bowl practices you seen his weight caused him to struggled bending his knees so he would lose leverage regularly and get knocked on his ass. Leverage > Size

Steal in round 2 my guy is Jamaree Salyer G from Georgia. Salyer was Georgia's left tackle but looks like a all-pro caliber LG he is a strong run blocker with smooth feet in pass protection. Nasty player.

I didn't get a chance to watch the senior bowl (try to view highlights) but I've heard he got destroyed by the edge guy from Penn State.

Interesting on Salyer, would you prefer him compared to a Connor Williams or other FAs?
Reply/Quote
1st Raimann: I'm not happy with 1st rounders with the label "potential", and especially not OLineman for the Bengals. He could be a great player with a great future, but Burrow will be paying for his mistakes.
2nd: Been watching Boye Mafe and Jalen Pitre drop. They both play like they're on fire.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:48 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Who is one candidate that is being given for 31 that you would be upset or at least not happy with? Mine is Raimann who I'm seeing show up more and more. Honestly, from multiple scouting reports I've read, I get Og flashbacks.

I'll say no to Daniel Faalele at 31.
I've seen some sites predicting he goes late Rd 1, and I think it's too early.

I would also not be happy with any TE in late Rd 1.
Probably no DT either other than DeMarvin Leal or maybe Jordan Davis. Davis seems like a better fit at NT to me, but maybe I'm just typecasting him due to how big he is.

I think Wan'Dale Robinson could be a really impactful WR. I'd take him Rd 2, but he might go even later. If Bengals move Boyd, I'd love Robinson added.

Love Jake Ferguson as a mid-round TE prospect.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll say no to Daniel Faalele at 31.

Probably no DT either other than DeMarvin Leal or maybe Jordan Davis. Davis seems like a better fit at NT to me, but maybe I'm just typecasting him due to how big he is.

I think Wan'Dale Robinson could be a really impactful WR. I'd take him Rd 2, but he might go even later. If Bengals move Boyd, I'd love Robinson added.

Well, at least if projections are to be believed, both should be available at 31. What's the potential one or both follow the Andrew Billings falling in the draft?
Reply/Quote
My initial first round worst scenario was Raimann as well. I can't figure out if I like or fear the fact he started playing tackle in 2020. He was starting at TE in 2018 and 2019. And has somehow become a first round prospect. My first impression was no way could we take him in the first. I would roll the dice on Faalele before him. But it really comes down to who they are and I don't get to get a good look into their psyche.

Sleeper is probably Marcus Jones. From what I have seen the best return man in the draft. Might end up being an impact player. I'll be interested to see how he measures and tests.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 11:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My initial first round worst scenario was Raimann as well. I can't figure out if I like or fear the fact he started playing tackle in 2020. He was starting at TE in 2018 and 2019. And has somehow become a first round prospect. My first impression was no way could we take him in the first. I would roll the dice on Faalele before him. But it really comes down to who they are and I don't get to get a good look into their psyche.

Sleeper is probably Marcus Jones. From what I have seen the best return man in the draft. Might end up being an impact player. I'll be interested to see how he measures and tests.

Faalele got spun around and pushed on his azz by Myjai Sanders 242 lbs from UC in the one on one drills  he's definitely not worth a 1st or 2nd IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAx4lTEixRc
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll say no to Daniel Faalele at 31.

Devonte Wyatt could possibly go before DeMarvin Leal and Jordan Davis. Wyatt is an NFL ready under tackle that did alot of different things in Georgia's defense. He is also probably the best interior pass rusher in the draft class and he's 310+

Perrion Winfrey could sneak into the bottom of the first. His tape is up and down mostly because he played alot of NT st Oklahoma in the Big12 but showed flashes of a really talented player. At the Senior Bowl he was unleashed as a penetrating defensive tackle and destroyed guys all week including Zion Johnson. He almost single handedly ruined the American(?) Teams game plan in the game.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 02:04 AM)pulses Wrote: Faalele got spun around and pushed on his azz by Myjai Sanders 242 lbs from UC in the one on one drills  he's definitely not worth a 1st or 2nd IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAx4lTEixRc

Yea I know. I'm not putting much stock in a smaller really athletic player giving the giant a tough time in a 1v1 practice rep. How'd he do in the game?

Some people don't want him because of one rep in the senior bowl. I want him because of one rep at the 18 second mark in this vid, and because of unteachable raw physical traits.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 04:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea I know. I'm not putting much stock in a smaller really athletic player giving the giant a tough time in a 1v1 practice rep. How'd he do in the game?

Some people don't want him because of one rep in the senior bowl. I want him because of one rep at the 18 second mark in this vid, and because of unteachable raw physical traits.

If he's there in 3 then YES but not before then for me.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 09:16 AM)Synric Wrote: Devonte Wyatt could possibly go before DeMarvin Leal and Jordan Davis. Wyatt is an NFL ready under tackle that did alot of different things in Georgia's defense. He is also probably the best interior pass rusher in the draft class and he's 310+

Perrion Winfrey could sneak into the bottom of the first. His tape is up and down mostly because he played alot of NT st Oklahoma in the Big12 but showed flashes of a really talented player. At the Senior Bowl he was unleashed as a penetrating defensive tackle and destroyed guys all week including Zion Johnson. He almost single handedly ruined the American(?) Teams game plan in the game.

Winfrey is my darkhorse scenario and I believe he could very well be at 31. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 09:16 AM)Synric Wrote: Devonte Wyatt could possibly go before DeMarvin Leal and Jordan Davis. Wyatt is an NFL ready under tackle that did alot of different things in Georgia's defense. He is also probably the best interior pass rusher in the draft class and he's 310+

Yea, I've already looked up Wyatt before. I guess I don't have as much confidence as some do for a guy who only had 5.0 sacks across 49 games.
If he was such a good pass rusher, I'd expect more.

I know all about Winfrey too, but I just wouldn't take a DL over DB at 31 unless it's Leal.
I have Winfrey as an early-mid 2nd. Not gonna reach for him at 31 if there's a DB or OL that I like better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
My first thought about pick 31 is trade it because of going OT, the projected players available will need work. That said, I’m in favor of Raimann over Penning as I feel that Penning will be a penalty machine with his hand placement. I think Raimann has a better future and more upside, but I don’t know that he’s a RT.

I feel like if they want to draft OL, they draft Zion Johnson. I think he starts day 1 and immediately upgraded the inside significantly. I think if they want to draft RT for the future they take a look at Abraham Lucas. I think he will be available late 2, maybe in the 3rd, but I think his stock will rise as this process goes. Just a natural fit at RT and no moves for either of these guys.
Reply/Quote