Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is JB?
There is a man Marvin Lewis calls JB. He leads the Who Dey chant in the locker room after wins.

Does anyone know who this guy is and/or his background?

Just curious.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:21 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: There is a man Marvin Lewis calls JB.  He leads the Who Dey chant in the locker room after wins.

Does anyone know who this guy is and/or his background?

Just curious.

Could it be the guy with cancer from the commercial?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
His name is James Brown. He's a mildly mentally disabled "coaching assistant" that has been doing his thing with the Bengals since the last time they were in the Super Bowl. I don't know how he originally came to be part of the organization...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/19/7425833/meet-jb
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/bengals/the-eternal-sunshine-of-james-jb-browns-tiger-striped-mind/
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:47 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: His name is James Brown.  He's a mildly mentally disabled "coaching assistant" that has been doing his thing with the Bengals since the last time they were in the Super Bowl.  I don't know how he originally came to be part of the organization...
I met him 7-8 years ago at a charity event in Middletown (That's where he lives).  Marvin Lewis was speaking there, and JB was at the table next to mine.  I went up and asked if I could get a picture with him after Marvin was done with his speech.  He was kind of taken aback that I knew who he was (Marvin did acknowledge him), but I had seen an NFL Network piece about him.... Been around the team since the Forrest Greg days.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:49 AM)PDub80 Wrote: http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/bengals/the-eternal-sunshine-of-james-jb-browns-tiger-striped-mind/

Typical Marvin Lewis class act!

Regardless of what anyone says about Lewis, the one thing that cannot be denied, is that he and Brown, know that when you come right down to it, football is only their jobs.  They have families and a life outside of football.

Lewis and Brown truly care for the welfare of their people.

Listening to the Holy Grail last night hearing Adam Jones was a testament to that.

Not just from him and Burfict, but I've heard others say how much the organization has changed their lives for the better!

Now, it would be perfectly fitting for Brown and Lewis to capture that alluding Lombardi trophy!!

WHO DEY!!!!!  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:59 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Typical Marvin Lewis class act!

Regardless of what anyone says about Lewis, the one thing that cannot be denied, is that he and Brown, know that when you come right down to it, football is only their jobs.  They have families and a life outside of football.

Listening to the Holy Grail last night hearing Adam Jones was a testament to that.

Not just from him and Burfict, but I've heard others say how much the organization has changed their lives for the better!

Now, it would be perfectly fitting for Brown and Lewis to capture that alluding Lombardi trophy!!

WHO DEY!!!!!  
Right on.  Very well said.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

WHO DEY!!!!!  

I've been a vocal critic of both....especially Brown.  However, I give credit where it is due, and what you say here is absolutely right on.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've been a vocal critic of both....especially Brown.  However, I give credit where it is due, and what you say here is absolutely right on.

When I look at the Cowboy organization, I feel blessed to be a Bengal fan.

It definitely trickles down from the top!  All their issues and problems come from the same attitude the owner has.

Jerry Jones is an idiot and I hope they never see a SB again, as long as he is in charge!!
Reply/Quote

WHO DEY!!!!!  

This was actually a Paul Brown class act.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:18 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This was actually a Paul Brown class act.  

Yes and no Bonnie.

Not sure how much PB had to do with getting JB involved back then, and I'm certainly not going to deny that he is 'capable' of a class act, but, being an old timer, and remembering Brown starting the Bengals from the Cleveland Browns, one thing many players said about him, was he was all football business.

Rarely spoke to the players off the field, nor showed much concern for them off the field.

Obviously I didn't know him personally, and was never around the organization to confirm or deny, but that's what the consensus was as I remember it and what the players DID say about him, after the fact.
Reply/Quote
Jethro Bodine......Ellie May is his Yes Girl.......Yes JB, Yes JB....

but no, someone says it's James Brown, The Hardest Working Man In Show Business and The Bengals Locker Room. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:57 AM)kevin Wrote: Jethro Bodine......Ellie May is his Yes Girl.......Yes JB, Yes JB....

but no, someone says it's James Brown, The Hardest Working Man In Show Business and The Bengals Locker Room. 

Jethro was more than mildly mentally disabled.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Yes what others have said, what I remember or how I knew who he was when he was featured on Hard Knocks the first time around I believe, he was talked about or they did a small piece on him during that series.

regardless a great inspiration to have around the team to keep football and life in general in perspective.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
If I'm not mistaken, JB always met the Bengals at the airport when they came back from road games. Win or lose, he was always there to greet them. Paul Brown noticed that he was always there and one day told him to come along back to the stadium and gave him a job. JB has been with the team ever since.

I don't know when this happened though, it was before 1988 I believe.

Well, the one link says since 1968, since the beginning.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Here's JB after the freezer bowl.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jethro was more than mildly mentally disabled.

I loved all his career choices....Jethro the Brain Surgeon, Jethro the Beatnik, Jethro the James Bond Double Not Spy, Jethro the Football Player, Jethro the Bull Fighter, Jethro the Frogman, Jethro The Astronaut, Jethro showing up at the draft board in a tank looking like General Patton, Jethro the Rock Star playing his own guitar invention, The Bodine-aphone, Jethro the diner owner of The Happy Gizzard, Jethro the movie actor Beef Jerky, Jethro the Hippie, Jethro the Movie Director with Ellie May as his Yes Girl. Gethro, " Do they think I'm stupid"...Ellie, " Yes JB ". ....She could only say Yes JB. .....and the reason for all these career moves was to get the girls and do some powerful hungin' and kissin'. ....Strapping the fireworks on his back to be an astronaut was pretty wild. ...The many careers of Jethro was the funniest part of the show. ......JB The Movie Director and Ellie had to say Yes JB to everything.  " Do I look stupid "...." Yes JB ". .....but in the end, Jethro loved to eat more than anything. Said to have chewed through his crib as a baby, born with a whole set of teeth per Uncle Jed. ....All Jethro knew of football was the shaving cream commercials, so alone, on a couch with a girl that liked football, he spent the entire night shaving over and over for her.  one of these days Uncle Jed is going to have to have a long talk with that boy. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:48 AM)bearstronaut Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/19/7425833/meet-jb

cool of peko to do that for JB.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:54 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Yes and no Bonnie.

Not sure how much PB had to do with getting JB involved back then, and I'm certainly not going to deny that he is 'capable' of a class act, but, being an old timer, and remembering Brown starting the Bengals from the Cleveland Browns, one thing many players said about him, was he was all football business.

Rarely spoke to the players off the field, nor showed much concern for them off the field.

Obviously I didn't know him personally, and was never around the organization to confirm or deny, but that's what the consensus was as I remember it and what the players DID say about him, after the fact.

Hmmm..Didn't Paul Brown get players "jobs" that he cut form the team ?  Virtually starting the "practice squad"...then known as the "Taxi Squad"...Somewhat player friendly...even though he just did it to win....lol

http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/9/2/3286492/2012-nfl-transactions-miami-dolphins-history-of-the-practice-squad
Reply/Quote