Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is JB?
I've thought of JB a few times lately. How cool would it be to see JB hoisting the Lombardi!

The Cincinnati Bengals really are the good guys no matter how you look at it.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 05:24 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Hmmm..Didn't Paul Brown get players "jobs" that he cut form the team ?  Virtually starting the "practice squad"...then known as the "Taxi Squad"...Somewhat player friendly...even though he just did it to win....lol

http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/9/2/3286492/2012-nfl-transactions-miami-dolphins-history-of-the-practice-squad

He was probably a lot more personable as the owner as opposed to when he was coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:49 AM)PDub80 Wrote: http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/bengals/the-eternal-sunshine-of-james-jb-browns-tiger-striped-mind/

I just want to keep this thread going. 
Definitely a fascinating story I never know about.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:51 PM)kevin Wrote: I loved all his career choices....Jethro the Brain Surgeon, Jethro the Beatnik, Jethro the James Bond Double Not Spy, Jethro the Football Player, Jethro the Bull Fighter, Jethro the Frogman, Jethro The Astronaut, Jethro showing up at the draft board in a tank looking like General Patton, Jethro the Rock Star playing his own guitar invention, The Bodine-aphone, Jethro the diner owner of The Happy Gizzard, Jethro the movie actor Beef Jerky, Jethro the Hippie, Jethro the Movie Director with Ellie May as his Yes Girl. Gethro, " Do they think I'm stupid"...Ellie, " Yes JB ". ....She could only say Yes JB. .....and the reason for all these career moves was to get the girls and do some powerful hungin' and kissin'. ....Strapping the fireworks on his back to be an astronaut was pretty wild. ...The many careers of Jethro was the funniest part of the show. ......JB The Movie Director and Ellie had to say Yes JB to everything.  " Do I look stupid "...." Yes JB ". .....but in the end, Jethro loved to eat more than anything. Said to have chewed through his crib as a baby, born with a whole set of teeth per Uncle Jed. ....All Jethro knew of football was the shaving cream commercials, so alone, on a couch with a girl that liked football, he spent the entire night shaving over and over for her.  one of these days Uncle Jed is going to have to have a long talk with that boy. 

Jethro Bodine (another JB)......son of the Great Max Baer, who lost to the Cinderella Man James J Braddock.......another JB.....
Reply/Quote