Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is NOT “your guy”
(04-14-2020, 06:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mims.

I'm in the super-minority on that one, but I just don't see a Baylor WR being successful, in the modern day (sans Josh Gordon, of course).

I'd go anyone but him, even if he was available.

Lots of hype from the recent guys, but all (aside from Gordon) were nothing better than average #2s or worse.

Just like there has never been a successful Samoan/Tongan/Pacific Islander QB in league history, who's to say Tua wouldn't buck that trend?

I don't think he does and I don't think Mims will be that great.

We will see how things play out :)
I don’t get this one at all. Mims screams a lesser aj green. Contorts his body to catch everything, great route runner, great hands, extremely physical, dominated everyone at senior bowl.
Reply/Quote
Kenneth Murray
J. Phillips
A. Fuller
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 02:53 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I don’t get this one at all. Mims screams a lesser aj green. Contorts his body to catch everything, great route runner, great hands, extremely physical, dominated everyone at senior bowl.

As I said, I'm in the minority.

Baylor is the deal-breaker.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This is a loaded question. Here are two that aren't:

1. Kenneth Murray
2. Patrick Queen

I want nothing to do with a LB at #33.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 06:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: Here we go again.  I spent months arguing with you guys about Mixon and how he was going to be a total pro.  You better know all the facts before you just throw stuff out and judge people.

And Gay was actually rated higher than Simmons in coverage for LB.  That's not bad...
Reply/Quote
Since Austin Jackson and Kenneth Murray were already mentioned, I will go with Grant Delpit.  Looked disinterested at times and not a hair-on-fire type of player I want (Dugger).
Reply/Quote
Murray
Queen
Austin Jackson
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:30 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Besides burrow u mean? Grant delpit. Want him nowhere near my team

I'm assuming you just don't like LSU players in general? No Burrow or Delpit. 

Are there any (National Champion btw) LSU Tigers that you'd be happy with the Bengals drafting? 

I'll even give you a List: (Already took out Burrow and Delpit)
K lavon Chaisson
Justin Jefferson
Clyde Hellaire
Patrick Queen
Lloyd Cushenberry
Damien Lewis
Kristian Fulton
Thaddeus Moss
Saahdiq Charles
Rashard Lawrence
Mike Divinity
Jacob Phillips
Stephen Sullivan
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:01 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm with you on Mims. I read he drops a lot of catchable balls.

Just saw that he played with a broken hand. He's back up my list. 
Reply/Quote
Pretty much every decent LB that could be there at 33 has been mentioned...lol

I guess you guys want to see a lot of Jordan Evans this year? We can’t keep ignoring the position forever.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty much every decent LB that could be there at 33 has been mentioned...lol

I guess you guys want to see a lot of Jordan Evans this year? We can’t keep ignoring the position forever.

To be fair, every LB that could be there at 33 has significant warts.  A lot of those can be deal breakers depending on your criteria.

For example, I like Murray's upside, but I can totally see why someone wouldn't want him at 33.  Many think they will run more big nickel with 3 S's, which also makes LB less of a need.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 11:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: To be fair, every LB that could be there at 33 has significant warts.  A lot of those can be deal breakers depending on your criteria.

For example, I like Murray's upside, but I can totally see why someone wouldn't want him at 33.  Many think they will run more big nickel with 3 S's, which also makes LB less of a need.  

I get that, but is the LB group so dire that we don’t have the luxury of going BPA at 33? I think at least some would say yes. We haven’t drafted a LB higher than the 3rd since Rey Maualuga over a decade ago. At some point we have to address it. I’d personally rather draft a LB high than be forced to overpay one in FA.

Reply/Quote
Austin Jackson. His weaknesses and athleticism are similar to Ogbuehi. We saw how that mess went.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Herbert and Love at QB. Not a big fan of Evan Weaver at LB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 01:07 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Austin Jackson. His weaknesses and athleticism are similar to Ogbuehi. We saw how that mess went.

Agreed. The last thing I want is a finesse tackle who can’t handle NFL strength. That 2015 draft class set us way back; we are literally still recovering from those busts.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 12:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I get that, but is the LB group so dire that we don’t have the luxury of going BPA at 33? I think at least some would say yes. We haven’t drafted a LB higher than the 3rd since Rey Maualuga over a decade ago. At some point we have to address it. I’d personally rather draft a LB high than be forced to overpay one in FA.

I wouldn't necessarily call it dire.  You run 2 stack LB's in a 3-4 base, which would be Pratt and Bynes.  You also pull a stack off in nickel.  They can certainly use an upgrade and depth is a need, but I don't feel it's a LB or bust situation at 33, either.  They signed 5 new defensive starters in FA.  At some point you have to do something to help the offense.

I wouldn't say you can just go BPA, but this team has several needs.  They also need WR, T, and G.  It's very likely that the best available T and/or WR at 33 is a better prospect than the best available LB.  
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: I wouldn't necessarily call it dire.  You run 2 stack LB's in a 3-4 base, which would be Pratt and Bynes.  You also pull a stack off in nickel.  They can certainly use an upgrade and depth is a need, but I don't feel it's a LB or bust situation at 33, either.  They signed 5 new defensive starters in FA.  At some point you have to do something to help the offense.

I wouldn't say you can just go BPA, but this team has several needs.  They also need WR, T, and G.  It's very likely that the best available T and/or WR at 33 is a better prospect than the best available LB.  

I agree the draft should be focused on offense for the most part, but the 1st pick is going to be QB, we tagged AJ Green, and we get a 1st round LT back, so that’s a good start.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 12:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I get that, but is the LB group so dire that we don’t have the luxury of going BPA at 33? I think at least some would say yes. We haven’t drafted a LB higher than the 3rd since Rey Maualuga over a decade ago. At some point we have to address it. I’d personally rather draft a LB high than be forced to overpay one in FA.

I agree, after Pratt and Bynes, who we got?  Evans, I had high hopes for, but that train has done left the station! I have a hunch that we might see more of a running game being played around the NFL this season. Just a feeling.
Reply/Quote
Yetur Gross Matos. He isn’t athletic enough to play in space, isn’t aggressive enough to consistently pressure the QB. Only thing he does well is set the edge against the run. Just ask OSU.

And no early rb
Reply/Quote
Evan Weaver!!! He is not gonna be a good pro linebacker.
Reply/Quote