Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is Zach Carter ?
(05-11-2022, 04:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In this article from PFF, it sounds like he played mostly edge in 2021

I'm not an expert on defensive line gaps and positioning, but the B gap is the gap between the guard and the tackle. I assume those 137 snaps are him lining up as a 3T. The 147 over the tackle I assume are him lining up as a 5T. So 227 snaps outside the tackle would be as a 4-3 defensive end.

Am I misinterpreting this?

Well #1, I don't trust PFF for shyt.  They are fairly worthless evaluating college players.  

However, I will admit that I could have gotten the wrong impression about how often he played tackle from the Tobin/Scout interviews.  That one point however, is not really all that relevant.  Replace exclusively DT (oops) with majority DT, and away we go to the next post.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's also possible the Bengals initially liked Winfrey, brought him in for a private visit, and then liked him less after the visit and thus turned their attention to other IDL.

Excellent point.  In theory that is exactly how the process is supposed to work.

You should not bring a guy in just to rubber stamp a decision you have already made.
Reply/Quote
At one point, Carter was near top 5 in rankings at DT. He ended up being the 7th one drafted. The DT talent has not been really stacked the last couple of years.
Reply/Quote
Believe the Bengals thought Carter would be gone and why they were entertaining Winfrey in the beginning.

Think once Carter was still available it became a no brainer.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's also possible the Bengals initially liked Winfrey, brought him in for a private visit, and then liked him less after the visit and thus turned their attention to other IDL.

I've been on the Carter train for a while now (go search for my old mocks back in the Fall), so I'm a believer he can turn into something worthwhile.

Entirely possible 
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 08:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe the Bengals thought Carter would be gone and why they were entertaining Winfrey in the beginning.

Think once Carter was still available it became a no brainer.

Sounds about right Go Cards. Wink

(05-11-2022, 08:52 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Entirely possible 

It makes a lot of sense honestly.
Reply/Quote