Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is designing kids toys these days?
My 3 year old grandson received this little fold up race car toy and handed to me to figure out.. Well..I'm not a mechanical engineer, but..I have worked in things mechanical for years so I know a few things about how things should operate, go together and come apart and you know...operate?  This is none of them..It's pretty..I'll give it that, but other than somewhat attractive it's functionally utterly useless.. I grew up with Hotwheels track..For those old enough they sold these 24" segments you could attach inline to create incredibly fast race tracks for Hotwheels cars.. My mom used them for paddles, so they had dual purposes for kids and adults alike..I know for fact that i wasn't the only kid to go to school with tell tale Hotwheel race track welts.. They were intuitively easy to use and really self explanatory.. Why Mattel discontinued the design? It made sense is the only reason I could come up with.
Anyway..back to this piece of crap for my grandson..it took me about 20 minutes to just open and unfold and by that time it became quite obvious nothing inside this folded up box of useless plastic actually fit together to be any use to children..just random shapes capable of being folded back up into roughly a cube, but absolutely useless for the tiny little car inside.. I wonder is some Chinese factory worker ever figured out how it works because nobody in the house here could figure out any use for it.. Sad You would think a child's toy would be simple enough for even really stupid adults to figure out.. Heck, I even know how to write in the king's English, but not use Chinese crap kids toys.. 

Skip it..By the time I typed this my 5 year old granddaughter had it all figured out.. She's a GENIUS!  Shocked I, on the other hand... Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote