Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to break out that no one is talking about?
I started to think about how certain guys like Boyd were kind of forgotten (dog house?) last year, but look to be generating a lot of buzz this year. But what of the guys not getting a lot of mentions?

The guy that I could see not only getting the opportunity, but having a pretty solid season is CJ Uzomah.

He was not used as a traditional TE in the wacky Auburn offense, but his athleticism gave the Bengals interest in the fifth round. He has flashed a very little bit in very limited action, but I think with Eifert being eased in to the season and Kroft already proving himself last year that CJ might be a guy that is a solid contributor this season. In year three, he should have more of the nuances figured out and you can't deny his size, strength, and speed.

Here is to hoping he surprises and is a solid contributor.

Who do you have?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kermit Whitfield

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jackmerius Tacktheritrix!
Reply/Quote
Mark Walton. He'll be a preseason super star and lock down the #3 back spot.
Reply/Quote
Tra Carson seems to be making some noise.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Hubbard makes an impact.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 11:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Tra Carson seems to be making some noise.

Has made noise last few years it seems but for some strange reason gets left out in the cold peering in. 

Like the kid.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Going with Corey Helms if Price does not get up to speed in time and switches to Guard momentarily.

Helms was a 2017 Campbell Trophy semifinalist, academic honor roll, and received most unselfish teammate award.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It may be wishful thinking, but I am going with 2nd year player Jordon Evans. I am hoping he uses that superior athletic ability and in year 2 the game slows down for him. I could see him being a huge playmaker.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 12:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It may be wishful thinking, but I am going with 2nd year player Jordon Evans. I am hoping he uses that superior athletic ability and in year 2 the game slows down for him. I could see him being a huge playmaker.

Don't know if he will, but he is number one on my wish list.  I am really worried about or LB corps and Evans has the athletic ability to develop into a very good NFL player.

I also think Josh Malone will have a break out year, but a lot of people are already talking about him.  
Reply/Quote
I am hoping Andrew Brown; we desperately need a 3 T that can fill in for Geno.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 12:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Going with Corey Helms if Price does not get up to speed in time and switches to Guard momentarily.

Helms was a 2017 Campbell Trophy semifinalist, academic honor roll, and received most unselfish teammate award.

Wow, first time i have even heard this guys name. Good one.

I am going with Brandon Wilson Safety/Returner.

Think he takes Erickson's Return job and makes tons of plays at Safety in the Preseason. Maybe even use this guy a
bit at RB this season. Wilson has already been making plays in TC at Safety. Erickson still makes the team of course
at Receiver, he is just no longer the primary Returner especially on Kick Returns. Wilson people, Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know if he will, but he is number one on my wish list.  I am really worried about or LB corps and Evans has the athletic ability to develop into a very good NFL player.

I also think Josh Malone will have a break out year, but a lot of people are already talking about him.  

I agree Fred, our LB core is our second biggest issue, Burfict out at least 4 games already (we know he misses at least 4 games in 2018, if injured, misses more), we need a LB to step up and be dominant. Austin wants big plays, other than Burfict we have not had a big play LB for a very long time. The Steeler's seem to had them for decades in Porter, Harrison and Shazier (until he was hurt) and are developing Watt in that role.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I boldly (stupidly) predict that by the end of season, Cedric Ogbuehi will be starting on the right side of the line. The combination of another year getting healthy plus Pollack/Lazor bringing in a new scheme is going to finally have him growing into his potential. I dont know if he will be there opening day, but I think when its all said and done he's going to be a better player under a new system and earn a starting role over on the right.

More like wishful thinking, but there you go....
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 03:20 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I boldly (stupidly) predict that by the end of season, Cedric Ogbuehi will be starting on the right side of the line. The combination of another year getting healthy plus Pollack/Lazor bringing in a new scheme is going to finally have him growing into his potential. I dont know if he will be there opening day, but I think when its all said and done he's going to be a better player under a new system and earn a starting role over on the right.

More like wishful thinking, but there you go....

Now there's a long shot for you ! Wouldn't say it's impossible

(08-05-2018, 04:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Marvin Lewis.

And WOW ! Now there's the longest shot of all. I hope so Harley
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, first time i have even heard this guys name. Good one.

I am going with Brandon Wilson Safety/Returner.

Think he takes Erickson's Return job and makes tons of plays at Safety in the Preseason. Maybe even use this guy a
bit at RB this season. Wilson has already been making plays in TC at Safety. Erickson still makes the team of course
at Receiver, he is just no longer the primary Returner especially on Kick Returns. Wilson people, Wilson.
im gonna agree with Nate. i wanted to say Chris Worley but i recall they traded up.to.draft Wilson out of Houston. The Bengals rarely trade up in the draft.
Brandon Wilson could be the Bengals proverbial swiss army knife 
and him being a Cougar maybe they figure he was coached up just as good as WJ 3
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 12:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Going with Corey Helms if Price does not get up to speed in time and switches to Guard momentarily.

Campbell trophy is mostly about academics which is nice, but doesn't say a lot about his ability as a center capable of playing at the NFL level.  Personally I kind of like these types of players, but how well they do come Sundays hasn't exactly been what makes the Campbell trophy stand out.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 04:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And WOW ! Now there's the longest shot of all. I hope so Harley

I think this year is his chance. Hopefully his strings have been cut and he no longer is the puppet of Mike Brown. Let's not forget his success before arriving in Cincinnati. I think this is finally his team. He's going to prove there was a reason for the playoff losses and the shitty seasons. All, out of his control. When you have AC's you can't fire and decisions you can't make because the owner is an ass, your really not even a coach. Your nothing more than a facilitator, babysitter, posterboy. That's it. When you can't change what is wrong, your not in control. Albeit, he should have left if that was the case. Yet, if true and he didn't because of whatever reasons? Now is his time to prove.

I watch on NFL channel those little hour episodes of 20 best HC's and 20 worst HC"s etc. Right now, he legitimately could make both lists. It's his friggin legacy and his time is coming to an end. Set your legacy now, or die a loser! How people perceive his career from this point on is in his control.

So far looks like he is making the right moves. Shit we've done this season isn't Mike Brown.

Reply/Quote
Tyler Kroft, he quietly had a good season last year with 7 touchdowns and is in a contract year this season. I don’t think Eifert will make it though a whole season. With Ross and Green working the outside Kroft can work the middle. He could be our future starting TE if things don’t work out with Eifert.
Reply/Quote