Poll: Who will command more in the open market?
AJM
Dalton
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is more valuable in the open market, AJM or Dalton?
Dalton. By far.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:39 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I like how everyone here thinks Dalton would fetch a first round and third round pick.  I'm not as certain. In fact, I doubt he'd fetch that in the open market

I think he easily could. I don't know why you don't think he would. Considering what Garopollo did with an expiring contract, only playing a handful of games. Same with AJM. Teams are ALWAYS desperate for a QB. I understand the abundance of Dalton hate that destroys any fraction of logical thinking what so ever, but Dalton could easily get a 1 and a 3. 

The dude took the BENGALS to the playoffs, sure, we lost, and have nothing to take from it...but we were the Browns throughout the 90s and early 2000s...he put us as a team to watch out for. That'll drive recognition. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:43 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think he easily could. I don't know why you don't think he would. Considering what Garopollo did with an expiring contract, only playing a handful of games. Same with AJM. Teams are ALWAYS desperate for a QB. I understand the abundance of Dalton hate that destroys any fraction of logical thinking what so ever, but Dalton could easily get a 1 and a 3. 

The dude took the BENGALS to the playoffs, sure, we lost, and have nothing to take from it...but we were the Browns throughout the 90s and early 2000s...he put us as a team to watch out for. That'll drive recognition. 

Kaepernick was 4 yards away from the Lombardi and had playoff success multiple years. How's he doing lately? 

The guys who put this team back on the map were Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson. They were the ones that made the Bengals fun to watch and put them on primetime slots, not the red head rifle.

Andy Dalton is on the decline QBR of 20th last year and 28th this season, has had zero playoff success, and is very average talent wise.  A similar QB talent wise is Alex Smith, what did he fetch in the open market? A second round pick only.    

So, no I don't think Dalton is that good to command a first and second round pick. 
Reply/Quote
I know an Andy Dalton disrespect thread when I see one

Dalton and if you think otherwise your on some bullshit
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:17 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Browns, Colts (if the Luck rumors are true), Cardinals, Dolphins (rumors are they are moving on from Tannehill) Washington (Gruden + Cousins likely leaving), Buffalo (could move on from Tyrod who is more or less same level as Andy), Minnesota (If Teddy can even come back will it even be in 2018?), New Orleans if Brees leaves (he's a FA and will go to a team dedicated to winning)....

That's your Dalton market IMO.
So many if's and but's....

It will be a mad dash for Brees. Runner up is for Dalton 

I know about Cousins leaving, but I haven't heard about Gruden. I think he has done a pretty good job in DC. Teddy might be back in the next couple weeks, but if he is actually good remains to be seen. Finally, I think Brees will stay in NO. They look quite good this year.

Also, Dalton obviously. This is pretty much a troll thread.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:18 AM)Housh Wrote: I know an Andy Dalton disrespect thread when I see one

Dalton and if you think otherwise your on some bullshit

[Image: giphy.webp]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:54 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Kaepernick was 4 yards away from the Lombardi and had playoff success multiple years. How's he doing lately? 

The guys who put this team back on the map were Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson. They were the ones that made the Bengals fun to watch and put them on primetime slots, not the red head rifle.

Andy Dalton is on the decline QBR of 20th last year and 28th this season, has had zero playoff success, and is very average talent wise.  A similar QB talent wise is Alex Smith, what did he fetch in the open market? A second round pick only.    

So, no I don't think Dalton is that good to command a first and second round pick. 

LMAO LMAO.....I knew it.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:15 AM)BMK Wrote: Why isn't Pittsburgh on this list? We know Ben's days are numbered. This could very well be his last year. They have no real competent back up waiting in the wings. We also know, by recent events, that MB has no problem sending QBs to division rivals. You don't think Andy would want to be sitting behind that OL throwing to that corp of receivers?

We don’t want Dalton playing for another team in the AFCN. All the naysayers would be quickly reminded of how good he is with a good line. This would be very very bad for us.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:54 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Kaepernick was 4 yards away from the Lombardi and had playoff success multiple years. How's he doing lately? 

Shocked

Reply/Quote

Actually that might be the more interesting question because AMc .vs. Dalton is no comparison right now....would we get near what we got for Palmer??

Palmer went in yr 8 , Dalton is in year 7.   AD's career QBRating is currently 1.0 above Palmer's.  Both had one standout season when they were 100+ rating mixed in with some average high 80/early 90's seasons.

Plus for Palmer was his arm and deep ball , Pluses for AD .vs. Palmer is his mobility, no major injuries. Neither of them could point to playoff success.

We got two picks over two years ..Rd 1 and Rd 2.   So on the surface there is no reason why we could not get that.

My 2 caveats to that....

1) Palmer's positives of arm strength/deep ball is a lot sexier on the open market..people still over buy for that trait.  They don't for moxie/game management type traits.

2) Hue jax - he really wanted Palmer just like AMc and may have been prepared to slightly over pay to get that.  You would either need a Sam Bradford to Vikings type situation to create an urgent QB need, or maybe someone like Gruden/McVay to have a scheme where Andy would be a good fit and ready to go straight away to generate the demand.

If you have not got your QB then you're looking and when you see some teams ship a whole load of draft picks (now and in the future) for taking an unproven college QB then I can definitely see a market for AD
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 05:53 AM)MrRager Wrote: I know about Cousins leaving, but I haven't heard about Gruden. I think he has done a pretty good job in DC. Teddy might be back in the next couple weeks, but if he is actually good remains to be seen. Finally, I think Brees will stay in NO. They look quite good this year.

Also, Dalton obviously. This is pretty much a troll thread.

Not Gruden leaving, that's bad on my end but the Gruden/Dalton connection making it a potential landing spot if Cousins leaves
Reply/Quote
Dalton would command at least a first round pick. Potentially two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Kaepernick's issues with finding a team have almost nothng to do with his skills as a QB.

As to the stupid topic, I'm curious as to the 2 jagoffs besides CB who voted for AJM.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
LOL Dalton would command huge value. And we saw what he can do with a good line.

Look, as much as I think Dalton is just a bit above average, he was nearly LEADING the MVP race in 2015. Our team was tearing people apart. So yeah, if you give him to a team with a good o-line, he could still do some great things.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Kaepernick's issues with finding a team have almost nothng to do with his skills as a QB.

As to the stupid topic, I'm curious as to the 2 jagoffs besides CB who voted for AJM.

Maybe....but he really fell off after teams adapted to him.  He had a bunch of good talent around him, and a coach that knew how to play to his strengths.  He was beat out by Blaine Gabbert BEFORE the kneel.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe....but he really fell off after teams adapted to him.  He had a bunch of good talent around him, and a coach that knew how to play to his strengths.  He was beat out by Blaine Gabbert BEFORE the kneel.

That's why I said "almost". I think the kneeling and the distractions are the #1 and then the attitude of not accepting anything less than starting QB money and a starting position are #2.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:02 PM)thillan Wrote: LOL Dalton would command huge value. And we saw what he can do with a good line.

Look, as much as I think Dalton is just a bit above average, he was nearly LEADING the MVP race in 2015. Our team was tearing people apart. So yeah, if you give him to a team with a good o-line, he could still do some great things.

Agree 100%.  Bodine was still a weakness, but it's easier to scheme around one scrub up front than it is four.  Plus, he had two capable guards to either side of him.  Now, he just has Boling and the flavor of the week to his right.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's why I said "almost". I think the kneeling and the distractions are the #1 and then the attitude of not accepting anything less than starting QB money and a starting position are #2.

I can agree with that, especially 2.  Also, he just isn't very good throwing the football.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:02 PM)thillan Wrote: LOL Dalton would command huge value. And we saw what he can do with a good line.

No he wasn't. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He couldn't even keep the starting job for a terrible SF team. And that was well before the kneeling.

Yes, but I'm sure there would be a couple teams willing to sign him to see if he could improve their QB position. The problem isn't that there aren't teams willing to sign him for his talent (heck, Ryan Mallet keeps finding work). They aren't signing him because of the distraction his presence would cause AND the apparent fact he's not willing to earn the starting job.
Reply/Quote