Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who is our backup QB?
Let's offer Drew Brees a few million and establish yet another Louisiana connection. Drew did say he was considering playing again.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's obvious who needs to be JB's backup:

[Image: joe-burrow-outfit-feature.jpg?w=1024]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Tiger

I'm definitely with Fitz backing up Burrow because he's won "games" as a backup and a starter in the league. There aren't many proven veteran backups to go around but Cleveland seemed to find one also. You just hope that you don't need his services.
Reply/Quote

:lol:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's obvious who needs to be JB's backup:

[Image: joe-burrow-outfit-feature.jpg?w=1024]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Nice Bfine, is Fitzmagic available?
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice Bfine, is Fitzmagic available?

He is it seems ?

Even at 39 I wouldn't mind having Fitz on a one year team friendly deal.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 05:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He is it seems ?

ThumbsUp Bring him in. Much better than Allen, don't care about the age difference with the way QB's last so long now.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ThumbsUp Bring him in. Much better than Allen, don't care about the age difference with the way QB's last so long now.

It's not like Allen is some spring chicken either.
He's going to be turning 30 about a week before the season opener.
At this point, dude probably isn't going to ascend much at all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 02:02 PM)Mike M Wrote: Show me a team that has a top 15 qb, that missed 4+ games that didn't make the playoffs because of that?

Ravens? Did they win a game without lamar starting? 
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 06:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's not like Allen is some spring chicken either.
He's going to be turning 30 about a week before the season opener.
At this point, dude probably isn't going to ascend much at all.

Didn't know Allen is turning 30. Even more so now. If you have a talented, young backup fine, but we don't unless people think
Browning is this. Fitz could come in and win games we know this, we don't know this with Allen except for a lone Texans game.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 02:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: and i showed you that the teams that make the playoffs, their qb's miss less than 4% of their total regular season games.
Pretty good odds.

You don't know how to figure the odds because you don't even understand the conversation we are having.

Over a third of playoff teams had starting QBs who missed games with injury.  If you want to prove that the back up QB is meaningless then you would have to show how many of those teams would have made the playoffs it they lost all the games with their #2 QB starting.

The percentage of total games misssed by starting QBs is meaningless to the discussion because the proof is that a large portion of playoff teams have starting QBs that miss games with injury.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 05:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He is it seems ?

he is.

But I am kind of sad after looking to see what other options are available at QB

Cam Newton
Mike Glennon
A.J. McCarron
Garret Gilbert
Josh Rosen
Chris Steveler
Kurt Benkert
Anthony Gordon
Ryan Willis
Felix Harper
Levi Lewis
D'Eriq King

I honestly have not even heard of any of those guys except Newton, Glennon, McCarron, and Rosen.

Surely there are other out there.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: he is.

But I am kind of sad after looking to see what other options are available at QB

Cam Newton
Mike Glennon
A.J. McCarron
Garret Gilbert
Josh Rosen
Chris Steveler
Kurt Benkert
Anthony Gordon
Ryan Willis
Felix Harper
Levi Lewis
D'Eriq King

I honestly have not even heard of any of those guys except Newton, Glennon, McCarron, and Rosen.

Surely there are other out there.

Wow, that didn't last long with the Patriots.   King was qb at Miami (Canes) and is a pretty good athlete.  The Pats signed him recently, but I guess they've already cut ties.  
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I honestly have not even heard of any of those guys except Newton, Glennon, McCarron, and Rosen.

I just looked up Rosen's NFL stats and they are a freaking nightmare.  Career 61.1 rating.  Only completed 54% of his attempts for 12 td and 21 int.

I figured that at least he was good enough in college to get drafted #10 overall, but then I looked at his numbers from UCLA and they are not that impressive either.  In his final year at UCLA he had a career high passer rating of 147.0 but that did not place in the top 20 in the country.  He was 14th in passing yards (3756) but his td total (26) was not in the top 20 and his 10 interceptions were just one away from placing him in the top 20.

He must have had an amazing workout/combine.  
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 04:24 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Wow, that didn't last long with the Patriots.   King was qb at Miami (Canes) and is a pretty good athlete.  The Pats signed him recently, but I guess they've already cut ties.  

Guess I wouldn't mind bringing in D'Eriq King for a scrambling backup. How is he at passing?

I don't want to start up the Macaroni thoughts but even he might be a better backup than Brandon Allen.

We might have a better OL then what McCarron had back in the day where he held onto the ball too long so he might actually
have some time this time around. Still would rather have Fitzpatrick over all these guys. Honestly our two best options might be
former Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess I wouldn't mind bringing in D'Eriq King for a scrambling backup. How is he at passing?

I don't want to start up the Macaroni thoughts but even he might be a better backup than Brandon Allen.

We might have a better OL then what McCarron had back in the day where he held onto the ball too long so he might actually
have some time this time around. Still would rather have Fitzpatrick over all these guys. Honestly our two best options might be
former Bengals.

AJ McCarron was one of the better backups the Bengals have had; he played with swagger and he wasn’t timid. He loved it here, too, and he’s only 31. Behind the new and improved offensive line AJ could spell Joe Burrow for long periods.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 06:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: AJ McCarron was one of the better backups the Bengals have had; he played with swagger and he wasn’t timid.  He loved it here, too, and he’s only 31.  Behind the new and improved offensive line AJ could spell Joe Burrow for long periods.

McCarron is really 31?  My, how time flies.  Seems like yesterday when some on here were ogling his young, attractive wife.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't know how to figure the odds because you don't even understand the conversation we are having.

Over a third of playoff teams had starting QBs who missed games with injury.  If you want to prove that the back up QB is meaningless then you would have to show how many of those teams would have made the playoffs it they lost all the games with their #2 QB starting.

The percentage of total games misssed by starting QBs is meaningless to the discussion because the proof is that a large portion of playoff teams have starting QBs that miss games with injury.

Tiger
Classic
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: McCarron is really 31?  My, how time flies.  Seems like yesterday when some on here were ogling his young, attractive wife.   Ninja

Tiger

He should be in line for a pension if hes still in the league. The guy made a nice enough living in the NFL and is still an Alabama football legend to this day..
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have no idea if we will still be competing for a championship in 2023.

??? As long as Joe B is our QB, we are contenders.

Sorry you don't see it that way. 
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 06:58 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Ravens? Did they win a game without lamar starting? 

he was out 5 games.

they went 1-4. 
Reply/Quote