Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is our worst starting offensive lineman?
After 3 games, the PFF ratings are:

Hart: 57.1
Miller: 66.7
Hopkins: 75.5
Price: 55.0
MJ: 43.4
Smith: 51.2 (Smith has 4 Penalties and 2 sacks allowed)

Well obviously MJ rates the lowest. But Hart, Price, and Smith aren't doing good either. They're not even doing average.

Quality start to the year by Hopkins though! And Miller looks decent so far.
Reply/Quote
All aboard the Trey Hopkins Train.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: All aboard the Trey Hopkins Train.

My general rule, is you can't have more than 1 or 2 guys on offense or defense rated in the 50's and win.

I looked and Preston Brown is in the 50's and Vigil is in the 40's.
Reply/Quote
Hart seems better than his grade thought he was ok against Bills yesterday. Price could improve with more time starting. Andre is a backup being forced to play due to injuries. I see improvement as the season goes on. I was more encouraged against Bills than any other game this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:26 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Hart seems better than his grade thought he was ok against Bills yesterday. Price could improve with more time starting. Andre is a backup  being forced to play due to injuries. I see improvement as the season goes on. I was more encouraged against Bills than any other game this season.

It's just hard for me to be encouraged by a team that had 0 1st downs in the entire 1st half. The offense had under 50 yards total and a lot of that came on the last throw of the half to Tate.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's just hard for me to be encouraged by a team that had 0 1st downs in the entire 1st half. The offense had under 50 yards total and a lot of that came on the last throw of the half to Tate.

But we made adjustments something we never would have done under Marvin
Reply/Quote
Our tackles are terrible. Willians comes back n we draft a tackle high again or do we go Tua ?
Reply/Quote
Right now, Billy Price.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart gave up a sack and had a penalty in week 1 and graded out better than he did in weeks 2 and 3 when he didnt give up any sacks or have any penalties...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: But we made adjustments something we never would have done under Marvin

Did we make adjustments? Seems the momentum shifted when Allen made that terrible throw and we got the ball at the 21. Then momentum came back and I think Buffalo took their foot off the pedal.
Reply/Quote
Don't tell PFF. Hart actually opened up holes in run game against Bills yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins has been a pleasant surprise and I think Jordan has upside at guard. Never bought into the whole Hart is young and would develop into a good tackle theory. He was a 7th round pick and has been in the league for 5 years and has been bad in all 5 of them. Price is still young but he’s not of to a great start , hoping he’s not another bad early o-line pick. Miller’s ceiling is a below average guard not surprised he wasn’t good in Buffalo. The LT spot is what it his Smith is basically our 3rd option and I realistically didn’t expect much from him.
Reply/Quote
We need our 1st 4 picks next year to be two offensive lineman and two linebackers. Amid that we could be swayed by a qb.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After 3 games, the PFF ratings are:

Hart: 57.1
Miller: 66.7
Hopkins: 75.5
Price: 55.0
MJ: 43.4
Smith: 51.2 (Smith has 4 Penalties and 2 sacks allowed)

Well obviously MJ rates the lowest. But Hart, Price, and Smith aren't doing good either. They're not even doing average.

Quality start to the year by Hopkins though! And Miller looks decent so far.
My reply would be take your pick!! They ALL SUCK!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did we make adjustments? Seems the momentum shifted when Allen made that terrible throw and we got the ball at the 21. Then momentum came back and I think Buffalo took their foot off the pedal.

Come on now....they didn't take their foot off the gas for 17 unanswered points.

There were some, got Mixon going a little bit, had a nice misdirection on the screen Mixon broke free on. Defense played a little better. Yeah, there were some adjustments.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Bobby Hart gave up a sack and had a penalty in week 1 and graded out better than he did in weeks 2 and 3 when he didnt give up any sacks or have any penalties...

Most likely had to do with run blocking.

As to the OP: MJ
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's just hard for me to be encouraged by a team that had 0 1st downs in the entire 1st half. The offense had under 50 yards total and a lot of that came on the last throw of the half to Tate.

Didn't they get a first down on the 2-seconds-left throw before the half?

1 first down, son. That's offensive juggernaut territory.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
re: Buffalo's offensive line:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Buffalo's offensive line:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hey only one of our guys is from last year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Buffalo's offensive line:

Must be nice.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote