Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is ready for March Madness NCAA ?
To me, this is the most fun I have watching basketball, more than the NBA that goes way into summer. ....I love the brackets, but I love the upsets even if they bust my bracket picks. I root for Dayton Flyers who have been the Cinderalla team a few times in their history. I like that there are upsets.....who else loves March Madness ????
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The only time I ever won a significant amount of money gambling was the 1989 tournament. It was only about $250, but I was so broke in college that it seemed huge. I was so good (lucky) that I entered twice and took both first and second place.

This year I have no clue what is going to happen. I don't follow the game as closely as I used to, and this year there are zero dominate teams. There are a bunch of teams who could win it all.
Reply/Quote
I don't follow NCAA basketball that much sadly.

I just watch the Buckeyes when they are on TV.

More of a NBA fan and even then I don't watch every game. NBA gets good around the playoffs, regular season is meh in my opinion.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 06:25 PM)kevin Wrote: To me, this is the most fun I have watching basketball, more than the NBA that goes way into summer. ....I love the brackets, but I love the upsets even if they bust my bracket picks.  I root for Dayton Flyers who have been the Cinderalla team a few times in their history. I like that there are upsets.....who else loves March Madness ????

Xavier is ready.....

UC Bearcats however are not ready. They'll be lucky to get into the tourney. I'm beginning to think that Cronin's not the man for the job.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Its always one of the blue bloods who will win it all.  This year I'm taking Kansas.  Not very often it isn't one of the blue bloods.  Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC, and a handful of other teams.  You can pick a few upsets in the opening rounds, but when it comes down to the Elite 8 and Final 4, stick to those blue blooded teams to keep advancing.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I love this tournament. I know its a big deal to win this thing but I think winning an outright division title is more impressive. especially in a power basketball conference. but what do i know.

regardless of my opinion, it makes for great entertainment that's for sure.

I'm with you magikod. i dont watch much NBA during the season but the playoffs are fun to watch for sure.

neither of my bball teams are very good this year though, so i might be doing more watching than cheering.

(Knicks and Wolverines)
Reply/Quote
I care as much about basketball as I care about Scandanavian goat fights, but I did fill out a bracket at work in the late 80s. I had Kansas, and they made it to the final. I was thrilled that I had beaten all of these experts in a sport I knew nothing about. I faced off against a lady that was the Grandma of the office, late 60s, made cookies for anyone, etc. She had whomever was playing Kansas. And won. Last bracket I ever filled out.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The NCAA tourney is THEE best sporting event of the year to me(gambler). Especially the first few rounds. You hardly have time to catch your breath with all of the action. Also, right now is about the time of year when I start watching college basketball, the regular season doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Reply/Quote
I must also point out that unlike NBA, most of these players in the NCAA or NIT will not end up in the NBA.  ....I heard a college professor talking of a Dayton point guard of old in a tavern, but he was talking about him as a math student.....Since most of these players will never be pro players, they are indeed college students studying for other careers. .....For the Seniors, most are about to play the last games of their lives. ......add in the cheerleaders and student section and the teachers and loyal fan base, and the atmosphere of college ball is very different from the fans at an NBA game. .....and there are upsets in the NCAA, due to good coaching and solid play by the underdog school. .......Yes, the NBA has grown up adult players, the best there are......but, the NCAA has college players and college students, most who will never go NBA, most playing their last games before graduating and leaving college for other things. It creates an excitement that is great as it captures their college experience for not just the players but all the students and their fan base. .....Comparing NCAA to NBA is comparing apples to oranges. Two different things. ......I love watching the student athletes and the excitement of these college kids, and I love the upsets even if they ruin my bracket pool. ....March Madness, Catch It........The mascots, the cheerleaders, bring it on. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It already sucks

**** UCONN
Reply/Quote
First of all...Kentucky got raped. In a region with North Carolina, USC, Indiana, Notre Dame, West Virginia and Xavier while the entire Midwest is a ***** turdfest. UK ties TAMU for the regular season SEC title, ties them by record and BEATS them in the Conference tourney final only to be seeded a 4 when TAMU is a 3????
WTFH?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 07:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First of all...Kentucky got raped. In a region with North Carolina, USC, Indiana, Notre Dame, West Virginia and Xavier while the entire Midwest is a ***** turdfest. UK ties TAMU for the regular season SEC title, ties them by record and BEATS them in the Conference tourney final only to be seeded a 4 when TAMU is a 3????
WTFH?

Calipari did a good job of calling out the committee when the bracket came out, but I still expect us to get through it. Cliche to say, but we are peaking at the right time. I will be surprised if we don't make it to the final four.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 01:00 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Calipari did a good job of calling out the committee when the bracket came out, but I still expect us to get through it. Cliche to say, but we are peaking at the right time. I will be surprised if we don't make it to the final four.

I'm confident they'll do well despite the competition. My wife, not so much but i always tell her, you have to beat good teams along the way regardless. 

Great guard play will get you places and the Cats have that. If Willis can get back to where he was and they can get good contributions from the combination of Poythress, Lee and Mr Icy/Hot Skal, they could go a long way. 

The Sunday SEC Championship is pointless though. Proven again that it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. 

Loved Cal's interviews though, as always. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't know why you all are so worried about Kentucky's bracket anyways.  Seton Hall is going to win it all this year regardless.  Bank on it!
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
UC had a lot of tough luck this year.

I think the refs called it right on Ellis's dunk. Looked like the clock turned to zero as his fingertips were still releasing the ball for a dunk. Could have been a foul, but no complaints.

Question I have. If they would have called a foul, would that have allowed for continuation of the play. In other words, the foul was before the time had actually run out. Would Ellis's dunk have counted then?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 01:40 PM)Goalpost Wrote: UC had a lot of tough luck this year.  

I think the refs called it right on Ellis's dunk.  Looked like the clock turned to zero as his fingertips were still releasing the ball for a dunk.  Could have been a foul, but no complaints.

Question I have.  If they would have called a foul, would that have allowed for continuation of the play.  In other words, the foul was before the time had actually run out.  Would Ellis's dunk have counted then?

Good question. Seems like the most logical scenario would be that, if the whistle blew before the clock expired, but Ellis's hand was still on the ball as the clock expired, they would put whatever time there was, on the clock, back up, and he would shoot 2 free throws. 

I could be wrong, but that seems logical.

Reply/Quote
seeing Spartoon lose made me warm and tingly inside.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 02:39 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: seeing Spartoon lose made me warm and tingly inside.

That ruined my brackets...........but I loved seeing the "I can't believe this is happening to me" look on Izzo's face there at the end of the game. 

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 03:02 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That ruined my brackets...........but I loved seeing the "I can't believe this is happening to me" look on Izzo's face there at the end of the game. 

cliche to say the least but I think my bracket is busted.

i do have 3 of 4 teams in the final alive in my bracket.  Sparty was one of them though...it was totally worth it.

Villanova, Duke, Indiana but there are guys with way more points than me in the pool and they too have heavy faves left.
Reply/Quote