Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Final Decision maker for Free Agency & this Draft Plan?
I hear that the Bengals reach a "consensus" on their offseason plans for the Team.
Everyone chips in their opinions and later come to an agreement.

With that said, one person would still have to make the Final call.
I've assumed that in recent years it has been Marvin but this John Ross move doesn't feel like a Marvin move to me.
Maybe it is.

I hear that Director of Player Personnel Duke Tobin has gained influence.

For those more in the know, which one person is the Final decision maker for the Team today ?

Are we seeing a New Duke Tobin led offseason Plan or is this still Marvin ?

I don't buy the "consensus" approach since in my mind ONE person would still have to break any ties and shape the Overall Plan.

Any thoughts ? 

Is this Duke's show now ?

If it is the Duke show then maybe Marvin won't get an extension until the 2017 season plays out.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:49 PM)depthchart Wrote: I hear that the Bengals reach a "consensus" on their offseason plans for the Team.
Everyone chips in their opinions and later come to an agreement.

With that said, one person would still have to make the Final call.
I've assumed that in recent years it has been Marvin but this John Ross move doesn't feel like a Marvin move to me.
Maybe it is.

I hear that Director of Player Personnel Duke Tobin has gained influence.

For those more in the know, which one person is the Final decision maker for the Team today ?

Are we seeing a New Duke Tobin led offseason Plan or is this still Marvin ?

I don't buy the "consensus" approach since in my mind ONE person would still have to break any ties and shape the Overall Plan.

Any thoughts ? 

Is this Duke's show now ?

If it is the Duke show then maybe Marvin won't get an extension until the 2017 season plays out.

Mike Brown is still the final decision maker
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chris Mortensen just said on ESPN that Mike Brown basically made the Ross pick. (assuming through his inside rumors he gets)
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown is still the final decision maker

Would that just be say for just the 1st and 2nd round picks and then Mike defers to someone else after that ?

Or Mike makes a Major Free Agent signing decision then defers to someone else for lesser ones ?

I get that Mike Brown may make some of the Bigger Franchise shaping decisions like signing Big money to say Dalton and maybe even a 1st round pick decision to shape the Franchise.

I also doubt that Mike Brown is making the 6th round Comp pick decision but maybe he is.

Who is in Line after Mike to make these decisions ?

Is it all Mike ?

Is it then Duke or is it Marvin ?

Are Duke and Marvin simply competing to have their ideas in Mike's ear and then Mike picks one of their ideas or one of his own all the way down to the Comp pick level ?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:15 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would that just be say for just the 1st and 2nd round picks and then Mike defers to someone else after that ?

Or Mike makes a Major Free Agent signing decision then defers to someone else for lesser ones ?

I get that Mike Brown may make some of the Bigger Franchise shaping decisions like signing Big money to say Dalton and maybe even a 1st round pick decision to shape the Franchise.

I also doubt that Mike Brown is making the 6th round Comp pick decision but maybe he is.

Is it all Mike ?

Don't know. I just remember the last Hard Knocks when they were debating who to cut and Mike Brown was very present during those sessions. He gave his input on every single person. I would imagine the later the picks go, the more willing Brown is to leave the decision to the coaches and Tobin. But anything regarding the starters especially is heavily determined by Mike Brown.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't know. I just remember the last Hard Knocks when they were debating who to cut and Mike Brown was very present during those sessions. He gave his input on every single person. I would imagine the later the picks go, the more willing Brown is to leave the decision to the coaches and Tobin. But anything regarding the starters especially is heavily determined by Mike Brown.

I remember that Hard Knocks too.

Maybe Duke has Mike's EAR now more than Marvin does.

Maybe Marvin has lost some influence.

This John Ross pick does not feel like a Marvin influenced pick to me.

Does it to you or could Duke have the Loud Speaker now in Mike's ear and Marvin lost control of it ?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:15 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would that just be say for just the 1st and 2nd round picks and then Mike defers to someone else after that ?

Is it all Mike ?

Are Duke and Marvin simply competing to have their ideas in Mike's ear and then Mike picks one of their ideas or one of his own all the way down to the Comp pick level ?

As the owner of the Franchise mike has as much or as little control as he wants to have.
Katey is taking over some control

It really doesn't matter.... Your overthinking all of it for no gain
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:32 PM)depthchart Wrote: I remember that Hard Knocks too.

Does it to you or could Duke have the Loud Speaker now in Mike's ear and Marvin lost control of it ?

I think someone (finally) asked the ever-important question: What are we missing on offense? Speed.
The team (or at like Mike Brown) was willing to change things up and go with something out of the norm finally to hopefully take them to the next level.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: As the owner of the Franchise mike has as much or as little control as he wants to have.
Katey is taking over some control

It really doesn't matter....  Your overthinking all of it for no gain

You may be right with the overthinking.

I guess I am thinking all of this with the idea that if Marvin has lost influence to Duke then Marvin may really be on the Hot Seat for his job this time.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is the final decision maker on everything. Marvin, Katie, and Duke handle the day to day stuff, but Mike still has to sign off on their ideas. I remember Duke had to get Mike's blessing to look for a trade in the 4th round when we took Bodine.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:32 PM)depthchart Wrote: I remember that Hard Knocks too.

Marvin said that he loved everything about Ross in the visit and the two really came out of that week with a love connection.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think someone (finally) asked the ever-important question: What are we missing on offense? Speed.
The team (or at like Mike Brown) was willing to change things up and go with something out of the norm finally to hopefully take them to the next level.

This change up could work if Ross can be durable.

Beyond just being curious, I was thinking all of this with the idea that if Marvin has lost influence to Duke then Marvin may really be on the Hot Seat for his job this time.
Reply/Quote
It's really impossible to know. Everything I've read has conflicting info. Some say Mike Brown. Some say Katie. Some say Tobin. Some say Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)Okeana Wrote: Marvin said that he loved everything about Ross in the visit and the two really came out of that week with a love connection.  

Yeah everyone loved the pick in the org from what i am seeing.

Just a few on here don't like it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
"This is a wild thought . . ."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4412908

You could literally watch the coaches facepalm reactions. Literally.
Reply/Quote
Vince McMahon....I mean Mikey is the final decision maker for EVERYTHING.
Reply/Quote