Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best football you’ve seen play?
bengals 2009 with Benson vs the Bears was one of the most complete games ive ever seen the bengals play in
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 06:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: All time best player I have ever seen was Barry Sanders. No other back was like him. The other team knew he was getting the ball and he would still produce. Watching him make guys miss the moment he got the hand off and then breaking free was just wild to witness.

The only other guy I can think of was Bo Jackson before his injury. Dude was just built different, if he doesn't get hurt he would have broken every rushing record around.

I'd say more like Walter Payton in style. Bo was just a physical freak.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Players that I loved to watch play because they thumped people:

Earl Campbell  RB  -  Like tackling a bull. His helmet/head seemed larger than the other players and once in a while a defender appeared

to get stuck with say his belly on the tip of Earl's helmet while that defender struggled to just hang on to Earl's head

while Earl was plowing forward - LOL       Also running forward with players on his back

Reggie White D-End  -  He would throw people around and out of his way. Man against boys.

Bengals RB James Brooks - Brooks was small but wiry strong. He could very quickly position his body just in time to snap into someone
                                          with a leveraged hit. He punished his tacklers.
Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz.

I've not seen any star players from opposing teams better than him.

I have seen Deion Sanders play baseball live. Fastest I've seen a human run!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 06:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Anthony Munoz.

I thought the same thing about Eric Davis when I saw him live when I was a kid... Michael Vick was pretty amazing to see live too. He looked like he was toying with our defense when he played in Cincinnati with Atlanta.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 06:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Anthony Munoz.

Have you not seen Elly De La Cruz on the current Reds team? Deion in his prime couldn't catch EDLC.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 12:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Burrow was even better in the 1v4 game.

Best single game could be a bunch, but to keep it Bengals-specific, the '09 game against the Bears.

Total domination by Benson AND Carsone; there was something magical about that day.

All-time, would be between the masterclass that was Peyton Manning, the brick wall that was Nate Newton/Larry Allen/Erik Williams or the animal-like ability of either Randy Moss or JerrybRice

Ha if you are talking OU vs LSU I was there and he was ridiculous. He blistered my Sooners. Didn’t keep me from being damn glad he was going to the Bengals. Of course having Justin Jefferson and Chase was helpful.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 10:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Have you not seen Elly De La Cruz on the current Reds team? Deion in his prime couldn't catch EDLC.

Elly is fast but Deion was faster. He topped out at 30.5 ft/s this year but Deion hit 32. Elly is insanely fast for the MLB, though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 10:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Have you not seen Elly De La Cruz on the current Reds team? Deion in his prime couldn't catch EDLC.

I don't live in Cincinnati any more and haven't seen him play live yet. I don't know, NFL fast is next level fast. Any data captured showing a comparison for how fast they run the bases?
Reply/Quote
Best live performance while in the stands was Eddie George rushing for over 300 yards on Illinois in 1995, with sophomore Orlando Pace who arguably is the greatest college o-lineman in history and NFL Hall of Famer playing a big part that day.

For TV, Corey Dillion's record breaking day ranks up there because of how dominate he was during the dark ages of the Bengals. I don't really know though, there has been so many great games and performances over the years it's hard to really single one out for me.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 05:06 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Man if you think all Jim Brown had was size you need to watch some film

I've seen the film, he was bigger than d-lineman. If he would've played in the 70s he would'nt have been as good as he was. He played against smaller inferior competion.
Reply/Quote
Individual game? Tough to say. I watched Brett Favre have an amazing game in prime time right after his dad died. Chad Johnson's 260 yard game vs San Diego. Jeff Blake's perfect passer rating game.

The one that always stands out the most for me was Joe Montana at 38 years old vs John Elway on MNF in 1994. For anyone who has never seen this, I highly recommend at least watching the 4th quarter of that game.

For players, Barry Sanders leads the list, along with Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders. Those guys all had a Michael Jordan type of feel to them. I've never seen a player like Barry Sanders in my life.

Jerry is arguably the best football player of all-time. Deion is the best cover corner in history and made plays on defense, special teams AND offense.

Probably the most exciting defensive player ever, imo anyways.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 11:37 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I wasn't born yet to watch Bo Jackson but his stats are not very good. My opinion doesn't hold much weight as I didn't get to see him play but seems to be more hype than production.  He had 2 seasons under 600 rushing yards and never eclipsed 1K in a season in a rushing league...

I was 10 years old when Bo had his career ending injury and wasn't even into football yet. That said, I know Bo never played full seasons because he also played baseball (he averaged 9.5 games per season), and he also split time with Hall of Famer Marcus Allen.

Both of those greatly hurt his bulk stats. That said, he was extremely explosive and a pretty large RB. His size speed combo is very rare.

He averaged 5.4 ypc for his career in a time where 4.0 ypc was good. He also led the league in longest carry in 3 of the 4 years he played, despite averaging only 129 carries per season.

The guy was absolutely an incredible athlete and worthy of the hype. That said, he's also one of the biggest "what if's", unfortunately.

I'd love to know how his career would've turned out if he wasn't in a time share with another legend, never played baseball and never got that hip injury.

Either way, he was a great one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The 1988 Super Bowl Bengals team. Boomer running the fakes have been the best I ever seen. Offensive line one of the best all time. The defense with Krumrie and Fletcher was tough up the middle. Stanley Morgan not playing was a big void during the Super Bowl. This team should have won the game. If they did, the would have been declared one of the best of all time. The whole season was great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 12:08 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I was at Burrow 525 yard performance vs. the Ravens in 2021

I'll go with that one even if it was against a crap secondary.

What about joey Flacco's most recent performance of 300 yards 3TD in first half xD
Reply/Quote
Barry Sanders.. its too bad he was with the Lions and had little exposure other than thanksgiving.
Reply/Quote
Best Ever:

Jim Brown
Reply/Quote
I am clearly a lot younger than some of these people saying Jim Brown, and I wasn't old enough to remember the prime years of Jerry Rice or Deion Sanders, and I wasn't fully into football during Barry Sanders' career.

I saw some people say Peyton Manning, but I am actually going to go with one I haven't seen mentioned... prime Darrelle Revis. Just removed an entire side of the field from the gameplan. Shut down All-Pro and HoF WRs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 01:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Best live performance while in the stands was Eddie George rushing for over 300 yards on Illinois in 1995, with sophomore Orlando Pace who arguably is the greatest college o-lineman in history and NFL Hall of Famer playing a big part that day.

For TV, Corey Dillion's record breaking day ranks up there because of how dominate he was during the dark ages of the Bengals. I don't really know though, there has been so many great games and performances over the years it's hard to really single one out for me.

I think the best performance I’ve seen in person was Dillon’s single game rookie rushing record vs the Tennessee Oilers in 1997.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 10:57 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Barry Sanders.. its too bad he was with the Lions and had little exposure other than thanksgiving.

Really does make you wonder how he’d be regarded if he left Detroit and won 2-3 rings somewhere else as their best player

Also makes you think about how long the Lions have truly sucked ass. I’m 32 and i don’t EVER remember the Lions being TRUE contenders. Maybe the scratched out a 10-12 win season here and there but i don’t remember ever seeing the Lions and actually thinking they could win the title

They could absolutely win this year. Even if you get bad Goff, Gibbs is looking like he’s generational at running back
-Housh
Reply/Quote