Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the face of the franchise and who is the unsung hero of the franchise?
(07-18-2015, 12:25 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Face of the franchise - Andy Dalton.

We can't stop talking about him and nobody else can either. He epitomizes the Bengals. If you talk about the Bengals, the conversation always ends up on Dalton. Good and bad, he is the face of the franchise.

Unsung hero - Reggie Nelson.

Watched this guy save us multiple times with clutch late game ints. He seems to make big plays without anyone giving a care. He is a HUGE part of our defense that is discredited because of guys like Atkins and Burfict. I love me some Reggie Nelson, and everyone else should too. So many personal foul calls on perfect hits by Nelson have devalued his play for the average viewer.

You beat me to it. I agree with both. Andy for both his good and bad plays & Reggie Nelson has been a REAL unsung hero at his position. He plays almost every play of every game with very little recognition.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will say I believe the face of the franchise is Dalton. He is clearly a lightning rod, and not just on message boards.

My unsung hero goes to Bodine. He stepped right in and performed well through an entire season at a critical position. A fourth round pick that was able to be a positive impact on the offensive line. I also like his toughness, demeanor, and the fact that the coaches rave about his dedication. I think this guy takes a huge step in his second season.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that to Bengal fans Whit could be considered the face of the franchise, but he is barely a blip on the radar to the average NFL fan.

Adam Jones was just elected First Team All Pro.  Hard to call a guy like that "unsung".

Not to mention Whit seems to run off at the mouth a little much for my liking...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 01:56 AM)J24 Wrote: So I was watching NFL insiders this week and they did AFC North face of the franchise and AFC North unsung hero. For the Bengals they came up with Marvin Lewis as the face of the franchise and Wallace Gilberry as the unsung hero. So who is your face of the franchise and who is your unsung hero of the franchise?

Andy is the face of this franchise. Close second is AJ. I would say Vinny Rey is a unsung hero. Seems like when he's asked to come in a and play, he does a pretty good job. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote