Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the fastest Bengal?
Can Boyd or Alford return Kicks? or any of the undrafted FA's we picked up. Curious who is the fastest now.
Reply/Quote
Year School Conf Class Pos G Ret Yds Avg TD Ret Yds Avg TD
2013 Pittsburgh ACC FR WR 13 19 425 22.4 0 3 69 23.0 1
2014 Pittsburgh ACC SO WR 13 16 442 27.6 0 16 162 10.1 0
2015 Pittsburgh ACC JR WR 12 11 257 23.4 0 8 7 0.9 0

Those are Boyd's return numbers while at Pitt.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Alford is easily the fastest Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Depends on the distance you want to cover and if we're talking in pads/helmet or in UA Spandex.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Touchbacks to the 25. We should be taking a knee 100% of the time it goes into the endzone.

3 first round CBs on rookie contracts. I think Pickman should be on every punt return if it is a close game. He is far and away the best punt returner on the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 03:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Depends on the distance you want to cover and if we're talking in pads/helmet or in UA Spandex.

40 yards, In pads but no helmet, on grass with winds coming from the n/w at 15mp. Temp of 82 degrees. Oh and its 9:00am.

If your not going to answer the question then why waste the time to be a prick.
Reply/Quote
Fastest eater - Sims
Fastest typist - Huber
Fastest reader - Zeitler
Fastest vegetable slicer - Gio
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, none of this matters. Brandon Tate will continue to be the returner until he can no longer walk. If Mike Brown is still alive, we'll fight the NFL to change the rules to allow us to wheel Tate's broken down ass out there still. For reasons unbeknownst to any rational thinking human being, the Bengals love Brandon Tate. They just can't quit him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:06 AM)TKUHL Wrote: 40 yards, In pads but no helmet, on grass with winds coming from the n/w at 15mp. Temp of 82 degrees. Oh and its 9:00am.

If your not going to answer the question then why waste the time to be a prick.

It's a legit question. Sorry that it apparently kicked up a bunch of sand up into you. Mellow

If we're talking like 5m, Geno Atkins might be in the mix simply because he gets a faster start than anyone else. Can't find it now, but I remember seeing a slow motion GIF where the C is snapping the ball, the second the ball moves, Geno is moving. Geno already is coming up and nobody else OL or DL has reacted yet. Geno probably has the best reaction speed on the team, so in a real short race, he would get the best first step.

I think in like 20-30m, Adam Jones could give a pretty good run for anyone's money. In a short-ish distance he is still crazy explosive. If it became a longer race though, he'd lose. He's clearly lost that longer distance speed, which is why he gets like 80 yard returns and then is tackled from behind. Age sucks, but it hasn't taken his short term speed away.

If we're talking 200m+, I would put money down on AJ Green. His long strides would crush someone like Alford who would have to take like 2-3 strides per AJ's 1.

As for the Pads/Helmet vs UA Spandex, just remember that AJ Green ran a 4.5 and Trent Richardson ran a 4.45... would anyone take Trent Richardson over AJ Green in a footrace?

So yes, it's pretty legit to ask for the scenario you're asking about because people are faster at different things and if you're going to be all vague, you're going to get answers like mine and Lostpoet who answers the fastest reader and eater. So don't be such a prick about it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's a legit question. Sorry that it apparently kicked up a bunch of sand up into you. Mellow

If we're talking like 5m, Geno Atkins might be in the mix simply because he gets a faster start than anyone else. Can't find it now, but I remember seeing a slow motion GIF where the C is snapping the ball, the second the ball moves, Geno is moving. Geno already is coming up and nobody else OL or DL has reacted yet. Geno probably has the best reaction speed on the team, so in a real short race, he would get the best first step.

I think in like 20-30m, Adam Jones could give a pretty good run for anyone's money. In a short-ish distance he is still crazy explosive. If it became a longer race though, he'd lose. He's clearly lost that longer distance speed, which is why he gets like 80 yard returns and then is tackled from behind. Age sucks, but it hasn't taken his short term speed away.

If we're talking 200m+, I would put money down on AJ Green. His long strides would crush someone like Alford who would have to take like 2-3 strides per AJ's 1.

As for the Pads/Helmet vs UA Spandex, just remember that AJ Green ran a 4.5 and Trent Richardson ran a 4.45... would anyone take Trent Richardson over AJ Green in a footrace?

So yes, it's pretty legit to ask for the scenario you're asking about because people are faster at different things and if you're going to be all vague, you're going to get answers like mine and Lostpoet who answers the fastest reader and eater. So don't be such a prick about it.

"Just answer the question, Claire!"

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Think I read somewhere that Boyd was a fumbling machine on punt returns.

Not sure he is the guy we want doing this.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The fastest Bengal is WJ3
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis is the fastest because he can dodge the ax every time he should be fired! HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA.

But seriously folks, I'm sure the fastest Bengal is (as it always has been) some 13th round WR pick who can't get on the field, can't catch, can only put his head down and run "really fast" and who is "totally going to make the leap this year, take the top off the defenses, and become a nightmare that will cause opposing DC's to lie awake a night crapping in their nightgowns."

Now to check this thread and see who everyone else picked....
Reply/Quote