Poll: Who is the most important for helping Burrow during his rookie season?
Zac Taylor - Head Coach
Brian Callahan - Offensive Coordinator
Dan Pitcher - QB Coach
Jonah Williams - OL
Other (Explain in post)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the most important for Joe Burrow in his rookie season?
(04-17-2020, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great point as usual Sunset.

Guess I have been hung up too much on Moss and Degaura.

I think I have heard Trautman's name like once. He is a pass catching TE?

I'm with you dude. I'd love Moss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great point as usual Sunset.

Guess I have been hung up too much on Moss and Degaura.

I think I have heard Trautman's name like once. He is a pass catching TE?

Yep, a former QB that has great speed and agility.  Blocked better than people would have thought, too.  He will likely be drafted right after the ND kid and the big dude from La Tech (old age forgetting names).
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, a former QB that has great speed and agility.  Blocked better than people would have thought, too.  He will likely be drafted right after the ND kid and the big dude from La Tech (old age forgetting names).

Cool, I don't remember the early round TE's names either as I have been wanting OL, LB or WR early more-so.

Any way Trautman could fall to the 3rd being from a small school and all?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, I don't remember the early round TE's names either as I have been wanting OL, LB or WR early more-so.

Any way Trautman could fall to the 3rd being from a small school and all?

Sure, he is projected all over the place...But I am with you....I view a receiving TE as a luxury pick.  We still have Uzo and Sample.  I want a WR like Mims and, of course, help at LB and OG.  
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I view a receiving TE as a luxury pick.  

Same here.  We just spent a second rounder on a TE last year.  At some point you have to let your picks develope.  Sample is plenty athletic enough to be a receiver when needed.  Plus I think Zac doesn't really emphasize the TE in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same here.  We just spent a second rounder on a TE last year.  At some point you have to let your picks develope.  Sample is plenty athletic enough to be a receiver when needed.  Plus I think Zac doesn't really emphasize the TE in the passing game.

True, and don't we also have Uzo, Cethan Carter, and Mason Shreck?  I am sure one of those (or two) are gone but we need much bigger help at WR, LB, and OL.  That being said, if Trautman slides to Rd 5 for some odd reason, it would be very tempting to take him.  He is much more athletic and a better overall receiver than the huge kid from Ashland the Bears took a couple years back...and that was in Rd 2 if memory serves.
Reply/Quote
ZT and it’s not really close. Yeah giving Joe more time in the pocket or giving him elite pass catching options or giving more reps to Joe Mixon is good, but if zac doesn’t develop him well enough to run the offense to make the right reads or the right play changes he won’t have much if any success
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:01 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: ZT and it’s not really close. Yeah giving Joe more time in the pocket or giving him elite pass catching options or giving more reps to Joe Mixon is good, but if zac doesn’t develop him well enough to run the offense to make the right reads or the right play changes he won’t have much if any success

I don’t agree with this at all. Sure, Taylor will have to step up his play calling for Burrow to be successful, but Joe is hardly some raw, athletic freak type QB that will need to be coached up a ton. He’s cerebral as they come, is the son a of a coach, and by all reports is an insanely hard worker.

I get picking Taylor, but the “not really close” part is wrong, imo. AJ, Jonah, these guys are absolutely as important as Taylor. Look at the shit show that was last season when we had a different guy starting at LT every week. Look at our offense whenever AJ isn’t playing. It’s night and day.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sure, he is projected all over the place...But I am with you....I view a receiving TE as a luxury pick.  We still have Uzo and Sample.  I want a WR like Mims and, of course, help at LB and OG.  

I would be fine with Mims at 33, I like his size, speed and the way he goes up for the ball.

He will need to reign in some of that pushing off though. Gotta give him credit though, he is sneaky at it lol

(04-18-2020, 11:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: True, and don't we also have Uzo, Cethan Carter, and Mason Shreck?  I am sure one of those (or two) are gone but we need much bigger help at WR, LB, and OL.  That being said, if Trautman slides to Rd 5 for some odd reason, it would be very tempting to take him.  He is much more athletic and a better overall receiver than the huge kid from Ashland the Bears took a couple years back...and that was in Rd 2 if memory serves.

Well sounds like Trautman in the mid rounds is very possible then...

Awesome, I will put him in my thoughts along with Moss and Deguara.

I know that TE has not been used much in the passing game under Taylor but I think this is something that needs to change
with Burrow coming in. A great coach keeps all his options open and adapts to the game. You hit the wide open man, that is 
what Burrow does, give him all the options possible and he will exploit.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be fine with Mims at 33, I like his size, speed and the way he goes up for the ball.

He will need to reign in some of that pushing off though. Gotta give him credit though, he is sneaky at it lol

Well sounds like Trautman in the mid rounds is very possible then...

Awesome, I will put him in my thoughts along with Moss and Deguara.

I know that TE has not been used much in the passing game under Taylor but I think this is something that needs to change
with Burrow coming in. A great coach keeps all his options open and adapts to the game. You hit the wide open man, that is 
what Burrow does, give him all the options possible and he will exploit.

Agreed about the prospect of a TE, but it has to be a receiving threat...someone like Eifert.  A killer in the red zone and moving the chains.  

If they are almost always going to be in 3 WR sets, we need a TE that could be a real threat as a receiver to take advantage of the underneath.   I think Chase Claypool in Rd 2 would also be an excellent choice.  I don't want to hear that he should be a TE, as no TE has 4.42 and long speed to play outside as he does, but he can do a lot of TE-like things down the seam and he is a powerful blocker.  
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 04:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed about the prospect of a TE, but it has to be a receiving threat...someone like Eifert.  A killer in the red zone and moving the chains.  

If they are almost always going to be in 3 WR sets, we need a TE that could be a real threat as a receiver to take advantage of the underneath.   I think Chase Claypool in Rd 2 would also be an excellent choice.  I don't want to hear that he should be a TE, as no TE has 4.42 and long speed to play outside as he does, but he can do a lot of TE-like things down the seam and he is a powerful blocker.  

Completely agree, I am all for Claypool at 33 now. He is my riser but as a WR not a TE.

Problem with this Draft is there are no Eifert's really from what I am seeing, might have to wait a year or two for one of those.
Reply/Quote
With the high possibility of a shortened training camp you would have to think the Bengals need to look long and hard at Thaddeus Moss in the middle to later rounds. Having a guy on the team that your rookie QB already trusts and has chemistry with will be really important this season, since it looks more and more like he will have limited time to build chemistry with, A.J., Boyd, Ross, C.J., Tate, etc.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 04:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With the high possibility of a shortened training camp you would have to think the Bengals need to look long and hard at Thaddeus Moss in the middle to later rounds. Having a guy on the team that your rookie QB already trusts and has chemistry with will be really important this season, since it looks more and more like he will have limited time to build chemistry with, A.J., Boyd, Ross, C.J., Tate, etc.

Really want Moss but he is coming off of foot surgery so he will most likely not play early.
Reply/Quote
I think if Mims falls to #33...TAKE HIM...don't hesitate. I believe that the Bengals would have one of the most dangerous receiving groups in the NFL. Imagine A.J., Boyd, Ross and Mims in a 4 receiver set with Mixon or Gio going out in the flat. Tate and Thomas waiting to rotate in.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 06:58 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I think if Mims falls to #33...TAKE HIM...don't hesitate.  I believe that the Bengals would have one of the most dangerous receiving groups in the NFL.  Imagine A.J., Boyd, Ross and Mims in a 4 receiver set with Mixon or Gio going out in the flat.  Tate and Thomas waiting to rotate in.

Sure looks pretty stacked if most can stay healthy.

All those guys with Burrow throwing to them?

Damn. Popcorn
Reply/Quote
Other: Andy Dalton.

If Andy Dalton stays in Cincinnati — and I think he will — he’ll become Joe Burrow’s secret weapon. Neither Zac Taylor nor Dan Pitcher have played quarterback in the NFL but Dalton certainly has. Andy loves to start and taking a team to the playoffs five consecutive years was phenomenal but even he knows it’s time for a change in Cincinnati. So, if he stays, I look for Joe Burrow to learn the ropes from Andy because above all Andy is about the team winning, not being self absorbed.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Other: Andy Dalton.

If Andy Dalton stays in Cincinnati — and I think he will — he’ll become Joe Burrow’s secret weapon.  Neither Zac Taylor nor Dan Pitcher have played quarterback in the NFL but Dalton certainly has.  Andy loves to start and taking a team to the playoffs five consecutive years was phenomenal but even he knows it’s time for a change in Cincinnati.  So, if he stays, I look for Joe Burrow to learn the ropes from Andy because above all Andy is about the team winning, not being self absorbed.

Andy is such a good person I wouldn't put this past him honestly.
Reply/Quote