Poll: Who is the one player the Bengals can least afford to lose to injury?
This poll is closed.
Andy Dalton
49.37%
39 49.37%
Jeremy Hill
13.92%
11 13.92%
AJ Green
17.72%
14 17.72%
Andrew Whitworth
2.53%
2 2.53%
Kevin Zeitler
0%
0 0%
Tyler Eifert
1.27%
1 1.27%
Geno Atkins
6.33%
5 6.33%
Carlos Dunlap
1.27%
1 1.27%
Michael Johnson
0%
0 0%
Vontaze Burfict
3.80%
3 3.80%
Leon Hall
0%
0 0%
Rey Maualuga
0%
0 0%
Reggie Nelson
1.27%
1 1.27%
George Iloka
0%
0 0%
Other (state whom)
2.53%
2 2.53%
Total 79 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who is the one player the Bengals can least afford to lose to injury?
Andy by far. Green is the better player, but I'd rather have Dalton throwing to Marvin, Eifert, Sanu and others than an unknown or unstable QB not able to connect with those guys while Green is doubled. There weren't many realistic stable options at backup QB this year so they're rolling the dice on McCarron and hopefully won't need to use him.
Reply/Quote
Until we know who our #2 QB is going to be, and how good or bad they are, I had to go with Dalton. If we know our #2 is decent, then I'd go with AJ.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:25 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: No one ever wants to talk about injuries to key players, but they happen each and every year.  That's why teams try to have quality have depth as back up's in key positions.  The Bengals have had a pretty good run of solid drafts, and have pretty good depth at a number of -key positions.  That being said, who do you think the Bengals can LEAST afford to lose for the majority of the season,(more than say 10 games)?

It's Dalton, hands down. However, I was really hoping for depth at the WR position to be addressed with some serious speed to replace the likes of Sanzenbacher, Tate, and Little. I know they drafted Alford, but I was really hoping for someone like Devin Smith.

In other words, if any team loses their starting QB, it is usually game over. I looked at this more from the standpoint of "what did they need the most to prevent another early exit in the playoffs" and that was more talent at WR.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 09:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's Dalton, hands down.  However, I was really hoping for depth at the WR position to be addressed with some serious speed to replace the likes of Sanzenbacher, Tate, and Little.  I know they drafted Alford, but I was really hoping for someone like Devin Smith.  

In other words, if any team loses their starting QB, it is usually game over.  I looked at this more from the standpoint of "what did they need the most to prevent another early exit in the playoffs" and that was more talent at WR.

Denarius Moore
Reply/Quote
I know everyone is saying how badly we did without Green last year, but it wasn't just Green. Jones and Eifert were out the whole year too.
Reply/Quote
I think the poll is dead on. For as much as some like to beat down Andy he is the one player that would absolutely hurt the team the most to lose for the season.
Reply/Quote
You may not like him - foolish as I think that is (and I think this year you will see why) - but there is no answer to this question except Andy Dalton. He is light years in front of the next guy and our only shot of going anywhere as a team.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted Geno but it was a toss up between him and AJ. Both our key pieces that without we're a different team !
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 06:30 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I think the poll is dead on. For as much as some like to beat down Andy he is the one player that would absolutely hurt the team the most to lose for the season.

:denny: (come on, we need somebody to implement this onto these boards)

ThumbsUp

Love him, hate him, or anywhere in between, Andy is the correct answer here.

How many teams in the NFL is their starting QB not the answer? Probably very few.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 10:37 PM)WCStripes Wrote: Voted for AJ, when he was out, our passing game went straight down the toilet. That happens again and teams will stack that box to stop Hill and make Andy beat them with his arm.

We have actually won games where AJ didn't play or played very little. He is by far our best player, but losing him wouldn't be nearly as devastating as losing our starting QB.

Like it or not, the QB is the most important player on a football team.
Reply/Quote
As polarizing as he is, losing Dalton would hurt us. I would have unbelievably low expectations if I saw McCarron/Johnson/Pryor running out there. Teams would definitely be stacking the box to stop Hill.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 04:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: As polarizing as he is, losing Dalton would hurt us. I would have unbelievably low expectations if I saw McCarron/Johnson/Pryor running out there. Teams would definitely be stacking the box to stop Hill.

^  This.  

Even though there are much more talented players we could lose (AJ Green, Burfict, Whit, Hill, pretty much everyone else I guess except Lamur), Anyone other than Dalton = stack the box and win.
Reply/Quote
The obvious answer is Dalton but that's only because we don't have any depth behind him. There's enough talent on this offense that any average Joe at QB could be moderately successful on this team.

The team simply chooses to not have quality depth at the QB position. Josh Johnson? McCarron? Pryor? None of those three have accomplished anything at all in the NFL. They aren't even average Joe's. But that's the team's choice for whatever reason.

So, I voted for Hill. Tongue

Reply/Quote