Poll: What will Jessie Bates be considered by the end of the season?
Silent Assassin
Silent Fart
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is this Jessie Bates?
(09-06-2018, 08:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting that Junior Joseph was their 3rd rated rookie LB, yet he's currently a UFA.

Yeah, I noticed this kid's play during preseason. I mean, it WAS noticeable.  Thought they'd stash him on PS at the very least. He looked better than Nickerson and Bell. I hope our new DC hires his own LBs coach after this season. Just not that impressed by Haslett. 

As for Bates, he had to have impressed or we'd still have Iloka on the roster. From what I saw in preseason, he's a sure tackler. That was a concern for me, based on what I saw in his college tapes. He didn't seem to ever get tested in the passing game though. I think he was lined up on WJIII's side of the field alot, which is probably why he didn't get tested too much.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
His middle name is Norman, he'll have QB's wanting to go to the showers early. Hilarious

Ok, wasn't that funny
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 11:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: His middle name is Norman, he'll have QB's wanting to go to the showers early.  Hilarious

Ok, wasn't that funny

No, I get it.   Hopes that our Secondary becomes The Bates Motel.  In other words receivers, don't go there.  Check out time comes early. As you say, hitting the showers early. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote