Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is this Q person?
I know it was discussed here briefly one time but is anyone here familiar with or follow this guy Q who keeps posting about something big is coming down the road? I was sharing cocktails last night with my best and only friend. He is a Trump guy. We were arguing about the state of the country. I told him I get my news from Jake Tapper on CNN. the most trusted name in news. He follows this Q guy very closely. He said Q claims something big is going to be revealed but doesn't say what. My friend said Q gives you clues and tells you to do the research. My friend claims the Bushes and the Clinton's are two of the largest crime families ever. he also said Kennedy was killed by our own government. I think this Q could be another Russian hacker. Anyone got any thoughts on this?
Seems like Q is just a way to feed people what they want to hear about politicians/events that they dislike. Don't like Hillary or Obama? Cool. They are child molesters. Don't like Sandy Hook? Don't worry, it never happened and was a conspiracy. Dislike the Mueller investigation? No problem. He's secretly working with Trump to save America. It's completely batshit stuff that you have to want to believe to buy it.

I'd love to believe a lot of shit based on the direction I'd like to see the country go politically. I'd like to think Trump is a traitor and rigged elections with help from the Kremlin. I think it's relatively unlikely that he did, though. Not literally, anyway. Lots of people ran around claiming the Bush administration engineered 9-11 to profit from more wars in the Middle East and exert government control over people here at home. Not many took them seriously, nor should they have.

Open ended conspiracy theories are interesting critters. People spreading them can say literally anything and people will continue to believe them because they want the things they say to be true. Every single aspect of Q could be proven false, and yet the people following it would just continue to claim that it's a giant cover-up and that the truth remains hidden. It's propaganda completely free of any responsibility whatsoever.
Even the oft-maligned cable news networks can be called out for what they put on tape. Some dude on the dark web shitposting about whatever can't.
He's part of the Continuum:

[Image: e4180b8588c0bf459e3c3c4b0d31b499f96a1307.jpg]
It's always pretty interesting talking to one of the conspiracy theory touters. They will immediately tell you that the news/print/academic pundits are lying to you without question. In some cases, they're probably right.

Next, they turn around and tell you who they actually do believe. Alex Jones? Q? LOL. Either way, you're still finding yourself in the position of accepting another source's alleged investigative work to come to a conclusion. In the end, the conspiracy theorist has done as little or less work or research into his claim that you're average cable news watcher. They're still being spoon-fed by someone claiming to have all the answers. They just don't realize it in most cases.

In this day and age, you pick the information you consume based on views, and they tell you what you want to know. This is where Q stems from.
I found it to be an easy way to know who to mute on Twitter.