Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is this dude?
This guy is amazing.  Never heard of him, but he can certainly play.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jack-white-eddie-van-halen-snl-homage-082538712.html
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 08:18 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This guy is amazing.  Never heard of him, but he can certainly play.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jack-white-eddie-van-halen-snl-homage-082538712.html

Jack White from the White Stripes.  His most well known song is probably this. I guarantee if you haven't heard the actual tune, you've heard it from sporting events.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Jack White from the White Stripes.  His most well known song is probably this.  I guarantee if you haven't heard the actual tune, you've heard it from sporting events.

Oh damn.  I hear that song all the time on the radio.  I love that song!  Thanks dude.  Off to get it!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Jack White from the White Stripes.  His most well known song is probably this.  I guarantee if you haven't heard the actual tune, you've heard it from sporting events.

And The Racontuers (sp?), The Upholsterers, and others...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 08:18 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This guy is amazing.  Never heard of him, but he can certainly play.

You've heard more of him than you think... I'm not crazy about him, but definitely respect what he does. Helluva performer too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:27 PM)jason Wrote: You've heard now of him than you think... I'm not crazy about him, but definitely respect what he does. Helluva performer too.

Kind of my feelings. Never been big on his vocals, but the dude can play guitar. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:52 PM)Benton Wrote: Kind of my feelings. Never been big on his vocals, but the dude can play guitar

I'll say.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 08:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And The Racontuers (sp?), The Upholsterers, and others...

The Raconteurs are one of my favorite groups.  They got together made two albums and that was it.  But they got back together last year and came through Denver.  Unfortunately, I was on a business trip and couldn't go...  

Jack White was also in a documentary called It Might Get Loud with Jimmy Page and The Edge.  I gained a lot more respect for Jack White after watching that when it came out and learning more about he approaches music and the instrument and his love of history.  His record label follows his philosophy for sure.  

For a guy who flies under the radar in the mainstream market he sure checks a lot of boxes for what so many love about the instrument! 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 06:03 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Raconteurs are one of my favorite groups.  They got together made two albums and that was it.  But they got back together last year and came through Denver.  Unfortunately, I was on a business trip and couldn't go...  

Jack White was also in a documentary called It Might Get Loud with Jimmy Page and The Edge.  I gained a lot more respect for Jack White after watching that when it came out and learning more about he approaches music and the instrument and his love of history.  His record label follows his philosophy for sure.  

For a guy who flies under the radar in the mainstream market he sure checks a lot of boxes for what so many love about the instrument! 

I was JUST telling someone about that today.  I only saw a part of it, but enjoyed what I saw.  I keep telling myself I am going to watch it in its entirety, but never get the time.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 09:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I was JUST telling someone about that today.  I only saw a part of it, but enjoyed what I saw.  I keep telling myself I am going to watch it in its entirety, but never get the time.

Gotta make time for it.  It's funny because I thought going in that White would be the "one of these things is not like the other" but it was the Edge who really seemed to not have much to contribute.  

You'll appreciate it! 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:21 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Gotta make time for it.  It's funny because I thought going in that White would be the "one of these things is not like the other" but it was the Edge who really seemed to not have much to contribute.  

You'll appreciate it! 

I kinda thought it was funny when the Edge was going over his 10,000 pedals and rack gear he runs through, and then you have Jack White and Jimmy Page who use almost no effects.

I just pictured Page thinking the Edge was a wanker for all the crazy gear.  And Jack White is like the Anti-Edge as far as that stuff.
Reply/Quote
Two of the dudes from the Raconteurs are from this area, and used to play all around Cincy all the time.

If you remember the band the Greenhornes from the late 90's, that was them. They were a pretty big local band at the time. Pretty sure one of them played in the Afghan Whigs as well.
Reply/Quote
Jack is the real deal. Innovative, grounded, and humble. He's an aquatence of another guitar shredding friend of mine.
The guitar he played on SNL was specifically made for him by EVH. Go read his Twitter post about it. Class act!

Ts, I love the use of Icky Thump in the final act of The Other Guys.
Reply/Quote